How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-24-2006, 07:51 AM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
Big problems with my jeep...

Ok since the svx is gonna be down for a while i started to get the jeep in as good of condition as i can and just doing some routine stuff to it. One of the normally easy things is replacing the timing chain and gears which has never given me a problem before. However now the crank and cam have turned independently of one another and now are totally off. The two alignment marks are supposed to meet on the innerdiameter of the gears so as to be able to draw a straightline through the two marks and the center of the gears. The only time they line up like that is when the marks are on the outerdiameter. No matter many times the engine is cranked over the marks never meet in the center. If anyone has any experience with timing chains and has any suggestions im all ears. I have a post going on the jeepboard but its a lot slower over there and I really need to get the jeep running ASAP. I really appreciate any and all help with this its really got me scratching my head right now
Old 02-24-2006, 10:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
well i believe i have the timing issue worked out but i fear a bigger problem now.. When putting the engine through revolutions on the 3rd revolution i believe the cam comes towards the front of the vehicle and then slowly starts moving back towards the rear till it sits flush like normal. Am I correct in assuming this is just like the crankwalk issue i had on the svx? Only on the camshaft of my jeep? Wow looks like i got some good luck with vehicles right now...