Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 04-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Holtenauto

Smile SVX with only 2WD part II

Some may remenber my problem with this car. Only back wheels were pulling, and spinning.

A nice man (Harvey) told me that the problem could be the C-solenoied.

He was right, to day the dealer fixed it with a new C-solenoied.

It only took 2 month to get it to Denmark ;-))

Thank You very much Harvey, You helped a lot.

To day the car took a long time to get in the four (4) gear, so may be I have a new problem ;-(

Regards

Heine Holten
Denmark
Old 04-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holtenauto
Some may remenber my problem with this car. Only back wheels were pulling, and spinning.

To day the car took a long time to get in the four (4) gear, so may be I have a new problem ;-(

Regards

Heine Holten
Denmark
Hi Heine, thanks for coming back to tell us the results, I am glad it worked out for you.
You know that the transmission oil has to warm up to 80 degs C, before it will engage 4th gear. ?

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 04-11-2005, 01:07 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Nice one Harvey!

On SVX's and Europe, we were in Brugge for the weekend (Cass's birthday) and two streets back from our hotel what did I spy.......

A burgandy SVX!

Needless to say, photos were taken and will be uploaded as soon as I can - was strange seeing the steering wheel on the other side.

Looked to have all the toys too...headlamp washers, seat heaters and the like but the tap tap tap of a wife's roof impatiently hitting the cobbles reminded me that we were there for her, not me, and I moved on (stealing a backwards glance of course!)

It was on Belgian plates too

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 04-15-2005, 02:27 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holtenauto

Regards

Heine Holten
Denmark

Hi there Heine,

You are very welcome, have not seen you post before.

Harvey is probably right about oil temperature. In fact, he usually is. About everything.

Very cold weather leading to very cold oil would be my suspicion also.

Another thing for you to check is look and see if you car has been fitted with an additional ATF oil cooler. Mine has, and most SVX owners put them on, to keep oil temps from spiking high in Summer and degrading the gearbox.

A possible drawback of having this extra cooler in a cold climate is the oil will be exposed to cold external air for longer, and will not heat up to the correct temperature soon enough to let the transmission run in 4. This will be worse if the person putting on the additional [usually called auxilliary] oil cooler has bypassed the Original Equipment one in the lhs corner of the rad. The OEM one, if still working, is good for letting the oil warm up quickly to engine temperature.

You could also have a faulty ATF temperature sensor in the box, telling the Transmission computer lies, so the computer does not allow 4 to engage.

But, as Harvey says, to make a long story short, if the ATF oil stays cold, the auto will not select 4.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 04-22-2005, 11:55 AM
Holtenauto

Smile

[QUOTE=svxistentialist]Hi there Heine,

You are very welcome, have not seen you post before.

Harvey is probably right about oil temperature. In fact, he usually is. About everything.

Very cold weather leading to very cold oil would be my suspicion also.

Another thing for you to check is look and see if you car has been fitted with an additional ATF oil cooler. Mine has, and most SVX owners put them on, to keep oil temps from spiking high in Summer and degrading the gearbox.

A possible drawback of having this extra cooler in a cold climate is the oil will be exposed to cold external air for longer, and will not heat up to the correct temperature soon enough to let the transmission run in 4. This will be worse if the person putting on the additional [usually called auxilliary] oil cooler has bypassed the Original Equipment one in the lhs corner of the rad. The OEM one, if still working, is good for letting the oil warm up quickly to engine temperature.

You could also have a faulty ATF temperature sensor in the box, telling the Transmission computer lies, so the computer does not allow 4 to engage.

But, as Harvey says, to make a long story short, if the ATF oil stays cold, the auto will not select 4.

Yes Harvey was right about the Oil temp.

Regards

Heine Holten

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: