Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-25-2001, 04:25 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Angry Scary

I just re-read the first post and I'm scared at how accurate I was. I took my car to Subaru today to have the bolt fixed. Despite my first post which stated a 7:30 appt., it was a 9:30 appt. The guy there is really nice and he says they'll look at it and call me at work with an estimate. Well, I get a call at 3:00 that says they'll know for sure at...5:00! I nailed that one! Despite being told it would be finished today, followed by me asking "What if they have to drop the engine to do the work?" and receiving a confident "Yes, we'll finish," they tell me, "We're gonna try to get to it using an angle drill. If that doesn't work we'll have to drop the engine." So I say, "So you may need to keep it there overnight." He says, "Yea." So, I was slightly off by predicting that i'd have to bring the car back in the morning. But, hey, at least I can't drive it tonight . But it gets worse. "It's gonna be $140 to start,"...TO START?!?!?!?!? You better be able to drill a hole in a damn bolt for $140 dollars!!!! So, at 5:00, as I predicted, they will actually be able to tell me what the cost and time requirements are. It's only been there for 7 hours so far, I guess it's too much to ask of them, as car mechanics, to figure out how to extract a bolt in less than 12 hours. I mean, I'm sure they've NEVER had to do it before??? I hate Subaru. That's my final comment. I hate Subaru. I like Subarus, but I hate Subaru.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 10-25-2001, 05:30 PM
oneothefewproud

Talk about Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This one might be a long one guys. Sorry.

Call the Subaru Dealer and talk with the Asst. Sales Mgr.
Wayne: I have an SVX and a monster Excursion to sell.
Him: No Problem we can work something out
Wayne: Heres the specifics of the 2 cars
Him: No Problem
Wayne: Will you take a promise to pay until March 2002.
Him: NO Problem just bring in your contract
Wayne's Wife: Are you sure
Ring: Mr Sales guy are you 100% Sure we can do that
Him: YES Sir.
Wayne: Cus it's 45 mins to the dealership and I dont want to waste yours or mine time
Him: No problem Sir.
Wayne Waife and Youngest 1 1/2 get in the cars.

At Dealership.
Wayne: Nice Outback JJ Bean addition.
Him: Lets take it for a wuick spin.
Wayne's Wife: Daughter had accendent in pants. Oooops forgot diaper bag. need to make this quick
Him: No Problem quick test drive

Wayne: Nice drive lets make a deal
Him: Great 24K for the Truck, 2k for the svx and 3k cash back.
Wayne: What are you nuts
Him: But Wayne you are 10k upside down on truck. You paid too much for it.
Wayne: No s**t Sherlock.
Him: Payments are good for you.
Wayne: Yes that sounds good
Wayne's Wife: How much longer we've been here for 2 hours.
Him: 2 mins tops just have to go through finance.
Wayne: good

Finance:
Yada Yada Yada Yada sign sign sign copy copy copy

Everything is signed but 1 piece of paper.
Finance: Promise to pay. 30 days.
Wayne: WHAT!?!?!
Thats not what HIM said.
Finance: Hang on wait here
HIM: I never told you that
Wayne: Blood presure through the roof
Yelling screaming ranting (imagine)
Right in his face. me 6-4 Him short
Pointing finger at him and he can not look me in the eye

Wayne: Why is there nothing in the contract for the SVX. Zero nada. take it off my hands. How nice of them.
Wayne: You got 5 mins to rip up contract and get owner in here.
Wayne: Walks back to show room throws open door and yells at receiptionist. Get whoever owns this place in here NOW.
Poor girl. Scared the C**p out of her.

Wayne: More yelling. He completly lied to us. why would I have brought my wife and child all this way if I explicedly asked these questions
Owner: He would never have agreed to that.
Wayne: But he did. I asked him.
Owner: I am not calling you a liar
Wayne: Yes you are.
Wayne: I will NEVER set foot in here again.
Owner: Can I help you with your stuff (Baby Seat) to the car
Wayne: HELL no

The sad part is. I own a Subabru and they treated me that way. I can not even begin to believe them. This is so unexceptable it's not even remotly funny.

So the next day I went to BMW and have a great deal going on a 98 528i. I will let you know how that goes.

Ciao
Wayne

PS. See I told you it was long.
Old 10-25-2001, 10:08 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Talk about Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Quote:
Originally posted by oneothefewproud
This one might be a long one guys. Sorry.

Call the Subaru Dealer and talk with the Asst. Sales Mgr.
Wayne: I have an SVX and a monster Excursion to sell.
Him: No Problem we can work something out
Wayne: Heres the specifics of the 2 cars
Him: No Problem
Wayne: Will you take a promise to pay until March 2002.
Him: NO Problem just bring in your contract
Wayne's Wife: Are you sure
Ring: Mr Sales guy are you 100% Sure we can do that
Him: YES Sir.
Wayne: Cus it's 45 mins to the dealership and I dont want to waste yours or mine time
Him: No problem Sir.
Wayne Waife and Youngest 1 1/2 get in the cars.

At Dealership.
Wayne: Nice Outback JJ Bean addition.
Him: Lets take it for a wuick spin.
Wayne's Wife: Daughter had accendent in pants. Oooops forgot diaper bag. need to make this quick
Him: No Problem quick test drive

Wayne: Nice drive lets make a deal
Him: Great 24K for the Truck, 2k for the svx and 3k cash back.
Wayne: What are you nuts
Him: But Wayne you are 10k upside down on truck. You paid too much for it.
Wayne: No s**t Sherlock.
Him: Payments are good for you.
Wayne: Yes that sounds good
Wayne's Wife: How much longer we've been here for 2 hours.
Him: 2 mins tops just have to go through finance.
Wayne: good

Finance:
Yada Yada Yada Yada sign sign sign copy copy copy

Everything is signed but 1 piece of paper.
Finance: Promise to pay. 30 days.
Wayne: WHAT!?!?!
Thats not what HIM said.
Finance: Hang on wait here
HIM: I never told you that
Wayne: Blood presure through the roof
Yelling screaming ranting (imagine)
Right in his face. me 6-4 Him short
Pointing finger at him and he can not look me in the eye

Wayne: Why is there nothing in the contract for the SVX. Zero nada. take it off my hands. How nice of them.
Wayne: You got 5 mins to rip up contract and get owner in here.
Wayne: Walks back to show room throws open door and yells at receiptionist. Get whoever owns this place in here NOW.
Poor girl. Scared the C**p out of her.

Wayne: More yelling. He completly lied to us. why would I have brought my wife and child all this way if I explicedly asked these questions
Owner: He would never have agreed to that.
Wayne: But he did. I asked him.
Owner: I am not calling you a liar
Wayne: Yes you are.
Wayne: I will NEVER set foot in here again.
Owner: Can I help you with your stuff (Baby Seat) to the car
Wayne: HELL no

The sad part is. I own a Subabru and they treated me that way. I can not even begin to believe them. This is so unexceptable it's not even remotly funny.

So the next day I went to BMW and have a great deal going on a 98 528i. I will let you know how that goes.

Ciao
Wayne

PS. See I told you it was long.
2 words: "Mini Recorder." For legal purposes, tell the salesman you're recording your conversation. That'll cut out all the BS. If he won't deal with you, go somewhere else (that goes with phone as well as "in person" conversations). They'll act offended and ask "don't you trust me." To which you answer, "No, I trusted the last two salesmen. That's why I'm using the recorder now."
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-26-2001, 11:26 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
I feel your pain

Well, I thought it was bad enough that I had to leave my car there after being told it would be done in one day. Today, however, I experienced what you went through (to a lesser degree). Unfortunately, I tend to let people walk on me and I didn't stand up for myself like you did. I went to help my dad do some work this morning, and I stopped by my house and checked my messages this morning before going to Subaru to get the SVX. I checked the messages because the guy at Subaru told me he'd call around 10:00 to let me know what was up with the car. So, I check my messages. I had a message left at 11:30 from Subaru (good thing I wasn't waiting for them to call), and I knew it was bad when he asked me to call him. I was hoping he'd just tell me my car was ready. So I called him and he told me the bad news. The tech had been working on it for 5 hours that day and the price had jumped from $140 to, get this, over double that. To be exact, the final price was 133.57% higher than the estimate at a whopping $327.24 (BTW, that's a 40 hour week I have to work to pay for this stupid extraction). Apparently it took the mechanic that long to hollow out the stud, collapse it and remove the peices. I could be wrong, but he must've been using tweezers. This is where I should've maybe gotten tough and told him I would pay no more than $140, but I'm a pussy and I argured for about 5 minutes before paying the full bill. So, I had decided I wouldn't stop going there just because I liked the serivce guy (not the techs) and I didn't want to upset him, but now I say F*&# that. I'm never going there again and I will be skepticle of going to Subaru for service again. The service manager told me they had to specially find an angle drill to do the job. That's pathetic. I have an angle drill in my garage, but the Subaru service center doesn'??? I really feel that the job took so long because they did it wrong and didn't have the right tools. Anyway, I'm always trying to make sure I don't upset anybody, but I don't care in this case. So, what I would most like to do is get a shop manual and do everything myself from here on out. Does anybody know where I can get one? SOrry for the long post, just wanted to fill er'body in.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 10-27-2001, 08:34 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
The last "in and out" job I had done at a Subaru dealership, took 'em five days. No, I won't go back -- that was just before they tried to soak me for 4,600 for a suby reman tranny. GRRRRRR.

You can buy the factory service manuals from www.subaruparts.com They're about 170 bucks (four volumes) for the 92.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI