Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2009, 03:46 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Re: SVX parts... a ton!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhenderson View Post
Hi. Maybe I will ship it back. I could ship it back the same day I ship back my new guaranteed Made in China water pump installed last week (but purchased elsewhere), that leaked worse the day it was installed than the old oem water pump it replaced. It's only the labor costs that hurt. Thanks.

~ Robert
You could always go and buy used/"likenew"/200k mile parts instead.

OT, YT, and I all use the same brand of axles.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:43 PM

the car is green....
Old 07-17-2009, 07:59 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

Got a stereo plug with a good bit of wire on them?
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 07-22-2009, 12:19 PM

Looking for a TCU for a '92. What you got?
Old 07-22-2009, 05:10 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Just pay $15 to cover shipping to Sales@allwelldrive.net.

Tom
Old 07-25-2009, 08:35 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jeremy'sSVX

You wouldnt happen to have a set of the stock sideskirts for cheap would you?

PM me back please.

1994 Barcelona Red LS 97,xxx miles
Mods:
- JVC Indash head unit, polk 6.5's, 6X9's, 2" tweeters, and 8" JL audio subwoofer run off of MA Audio M589I amp. Fiberglass Front splitters molded in, Shifted back stock spoiler, & repainted minor faded parts (Mirrors, rear quarter garnishes),18" murano 5-spoke wheels w/cooper zeon 2xs tires, '97 grille
Old 07-25-2009, 12:24 PM
MacArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
Yes we do. They come with a lifetime warranty. Send it back and we will replace it with another one. Don't want another one, feel free to buy them somewhere else for 3x the price

Tom

>Hi. Maybe I will ship it back. I could ship it back the same day I ship back >my new guaranteed Made in China water pump installed last week (but >purchased elsewhere), that leaked worse the day it was installed than the >old oem water pump it replaced. It's only the labor costs that hurt. Thanks.

Hi. Sorry, Tom. The axle you sent must have been the dud of the litter. Yesterday, July 24, after sitting for 2 weeks waiting for a replacement OEM water pump from Liberty Subaru, the car was up on the hoist when my certified Subaru mechanic noticed the inner boot of that axle was deformed. He wrote me the message below to forward to you:

Quote, (The capital letters are his writing) "TELL THE GUY THAT WHEN THE AXLE WAS INSTALLED THE BOOT WAS WRINKLED AND WE TRIED TO REMOVE THE SMALL CLAMP TO CORRECT THE PROBLEM BUT THE BOOT IS TOO SMALL SO IT DID NOT WORK. IT'S THE INNER BOOT. THE BOOT WILL BRAKE PREMATURELY SO PROPER BOOT NEEDS TO BE INSTALLED OR THE AXLE HAS TO BE REPLACED." Unquote.

So, Tom, 2 different mechanics have looked at it and tried to make the axle work, but it is evidently a lost cause for this one. I will ship it back and try RAXLES axles. Thanks for trying to help, anyway.

~ Robert
Old 07-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

You can ship it back for a warranty return only. We will not issue a refund for a used axle return.

Tom
Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM
MacArthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
You can ship it back for a warranty return only. We will not issue a refund for a used axle return.

Tom
Hello. Look, you peddle, and are still peddling, these Made in China axles to members as new. The one you sold me was a new defective axle. I informed you it was wonky from the beginning. For you to claim it is now used after it was installed new and found to be defective is the argument of a greedy, unscrupulous seller. I returned my defective Made in China water pump last week to its seller, who is not even a member here, and who offered me a refund, no problem. What is your problem?

~ Robert
Old 07-27-2009, 11:46 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Hello. Look, you peddle, and are still peddling, these Made in China axles to members as new. The one you sold me was a new defective axle. I informed you it was wonky from the beginning. For you to claim it is now used after it was installed new and found to be defective is the argument of a greedy, unscrupulous seller. I returned my defective Made in China water pump last week to its seller, who is not even a member here, and who offered me a refund, no problem. What is your problem?

~ Robert
I don't see a problem here. You are an example of the classic reason why I do not want to do business on this board any longer. We offer the lowest prices possible to compensate for our overhead, and offered to replace the axle free of charge, yet you continue to try to stir up trouble.

Tom and I are consistently cut down by being labeled as overpriced. When you run a legitimate business and rent a space, there are costs to cover. We are BARELY covering them.

Peddling? Try catering to cheap people such as yourself who want the world for a dollar. Let me know how that works out for you.

Tom and I offered a solution to you that would give you a brand new replacement part. If you turn down the solution, then there is nothing more we can do to help you.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:

~ Robert
My personal, non-administrator opinion on this topic is:

He offered a replacement part, you declined. Bad parts happen all the time. What is your problem?
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:26 PM

Tom,
Have a power steering hose? It's the hard rubber pressure line with crimped ends going from the rack and connecting to a metal line (p/n 34610PA120 I think).
Mine is leaking at or near the upper crimped portion, running down and dripping onto my passenger oxygen sensor. I believe it's causing a cel on occasion.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2009, 03:34 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxo View Post
Tom,
Have a power steering hose? It's the hard rubber pressure line with crimped ends going from the rack and connecting to a metal line (p/n 34610PA120 I think).
Mine is leaking at or near the upper crimped portion, running down and dripping onto my passenger oxygen sensor. I believe it's causing a cel on occasion.
Thanks
Maxo,

These lines are a wear item. I can offer you a new OEM unit @ $105 shipped within the continental US. This is the new style soft line that runs above the manifold, and is generally of better design than the 92 hardline/softline combo. As for used ones, you will have a problem with any unless it was already rebuilt or replaced. This is a common failure item.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM

Registered SVX

The problem as I see it is... when you need a part you order a part.. After waiting for a part to come in and having it installed only to find out its bad, usually means that it needs to be replaced asap as one cannot just sit around and not have a car. So whats to say he didn't already go out of his pocket to replace it already?

In a sense you're offering him a replacement paperweight. So why not take the bad "new axle" back and offer him some kind of credit?

This wouldnt be an issue if he was your neighbor. . . Shipping makes everything tough. From the sounds of it though it was easily identified by just looking at it. Bad parts shouldnt make it out the door.
Old 07-27-2009, 04:34 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
I don't see a problem here. You are an example of the classic reason why I do not want to do business on this board any longer. We offer the lowest prices possible to compensate for our overhead, and offered to replace the axle free of charge, yet you continue to try to stir up trouble.

Tom and I are consistently cut down by being labeled as overpriced. When you run a legitimate business and rent a space, there are costs to cover. We are BARELY covering them.

Peddling? Try catering to cheap people such as yourself who want the world for a dollar. Let me know how that works out for you.

Tom and I offered a solution to you that would give you a brand new replacement part. If you turn down the solution, then there is nothing more we can do to help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuberNatural View Post
The problem as I see it is... when you need a part you order a part.. After waiting for a part to come in and having it installed only to find out its bad, usually means that it needs to be replaced asap as one cannot just sit around and not have a car. So whats to say he didn't already go out of his pocket to replace it already?

In a sense you're offering him a replacement paperweight. So why not take the bad "new axle" back and offer him some kind of credit?

This wouldnt be an issue if he was your neighbor. . . Shipping makes everything tough. From the sounds of it though it was easily identified by just looking at it. Bad parts shouldnt make it out the door.
Rrhenderson did not want a credit. He rudely demanded a refund from our "peddling".

Please refer to my original response. If proximity was his main concern, I am certain that he could have taken his car to his local Subaru dealer to promptly overpay for the same part.

I especially admire the fact that nobody has the nerve to chime in with the fact that SVXFiles uses these exact same axles at us, and nobody has had a problem with them.

We made a measly $20 from you Robert. I figure I deserve that much for the idiocy and degradation you have bestowed upon my integrity. Yes, we can replace the axle. No, you cannot have a refund.

Last edited by Mike621; 07-27-2009 at 04:36 PM.