SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 PM
I <3 Burgers

Registered SVX
Re: Every member please check in here!

New here. I don't have an SVX at the moment but I have been thinking of getting one ever since I saw this photo on another forum. Sorry for the huge photo. I am on a mobile device and cannot resize it at this time.

Last edited by Dburger; 11-29-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:59 AM

Registered SVX

And I can finally check in. I've got 2 cars, one 96 thats my daily driver and a 92 in restoration mode. Both green.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:21 PM
5spd + coilovers = win :D

Registered SVX

I don't think I've ever checked in here. >.>

I'm Ed. I drive a 92 Dark Teal LS-L with an oxidized clear coat roof around Colorado Springs, Colorado. I've been on the forums for over a month, contributing to conversations and asking tech stuff, but I hope to give back soon as I mod my car and share the how-to's with you all.
Mods: Power Slot front rotors, polyurethane sway bar bushings, window scratcher fix, SPD hood struts, Outlaw Engineering phenolic spacers, Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar, R-134a conversion, 93 Legacy SS 5 speed swap, Ceika coilovers, ARP head studs

2001 Black Toyota Sequoia (hauler/daily)
1992 Blue Toyota Cressida (drift car)
1992 Red Toyota MR2 (weekend/track day car)
Old 12-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Don't think I've ever checked in. Bought my '97 Polo in Summer of 2011. I was looking at old 928s and 280z when my son spotted the SVX locally for sale. I've never liked them, thought the split windows to be too DeLorean-ish. Thought that it might be a good car for him some day till I actually stopped and looked closely, then drove it. Wow. He'll have to get his own. I thought a car I can drive fast that is really already complete, unlike the cars I'd been looking at, and can be a dd (but isn't), awd is big for Wyoming and kids can sit in the back.
So, now with 75K, tinting, 5 speed, new Pioneer dbl din/backup cam, Apkarian's lights, HID w/halos, STi wheels and new Conti's, AMR Coilovers when they're ready. Once I take care of my relay troubles, I'll look into paint touchup for some dings/scratches, and stage one will be complete and I can just enjoy for a while. Until I get sucked in by all the fun mods on the forums again.
Thanks to all who've offered great help and advice so far.
My favorite thing about the look of the SVX is that it is so similar in looks to the Citroen SM of the early 70's, a car I've talked myself out of buying twice- thankfully. Really, the SVX is an improvement of that design to my eyes. (Just my opinion.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1973CitroenSM.jpg (308.7 KB, 483 views)
Old 12-30-2012, 05:47 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishkilladave View Post
hi im dave finally got one 92 ls-l 80000mi. tranny good only been a 20 year wait
You are welcome Dave and congratulations on your purchase.

Post up a picture. We love pics.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavo Ebert View Post
Hi everybody, that's the first time here though I'm looking for an svx for a while.
Here in Brazil it's quite rare and when i search one in good condition it's price is prohibited.
Well, I'm a lover of Subaru cars and drive everyday an Impreza WRX sw 07 and my wife a Forester 2011.
My garage doesn't have enough space for a svx but my desire is more than just buy another car, it's much more like be the owner of a part of the history of Subaru and what this car represent to anybody who knows that history.
Best of luck with the search Gustavo.

When you get one if you need advice you know where to start.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 02-19-2013, 06:31 PM

New here. I currently don't have a SVX but am planning to buy one by the end of summer this year. I currently have a 99 Legacy which needs some work and am driving a Buick Park Avenue (one of our backup cars).
My name is David and I'm currently attending college and studying Electro-Mechanical Engineering - Lasers.
I made a "hello everyone" post in the fb group a couple days ago before my account was activated (waited about a month). I wanted to say thank you to Sean Leitz who messaged an admin about getting my account activated and thanks to the admin who activated it (whoever you are).
For now, I'll probably be lurking on here more so than posting due to the fact that I currently don't have a SVX; I will try to be more active in the fb group. I will also try to be more active here once I have a SVX of my own.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:52 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to newsvx
Registered SVX

David, WELCOME to the network! Glad to have you here. Good luck on finding a good SVX when you buy - they really ARE out there. Take your time and buy the very best you can afford. Check out this forum - there's LOTS of good info here (do a search) and people here are generally very helpful with any questions you might have. I don't know where you live, but if you can make the READING 14 meet in April at Reading, PA, I am certain you will 1) enjoy it in general and 2) meet folks that will forever be a good friend. And don't hesitate to ask question about the SVX here on the forum ...
Again, welcome!

Harry

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1235102 View Post
New here. I currently don't have a SVX but am planning to buy one by the end of summer this year. I currently have a 99 Legacy which needs some work and am driving a Buick Park Avenue (one of our backup cars).
My name is David and I'm currently attending college and studying Electro-Mechanical Engineering - Lasers.
I made a "hello everyone" post in the fb group a couple days ago before my account was activated (waited about a month). I wanted to say thank you to Sean Leitz who messaged an admin about getting my account activated and thanks to the admin who activated it (whoever you are).
For now, I'll probably be lurking on here more so than posting due to the fact that I currently don't have a SVX; I will try to be more active in the fb group. I will also try to be more active here once I have a SVX of my own.
1992 SVX LSL, #1215
1997 SVX LSi, #370
"I live with fear every day. Sometimes she lets me go racing."
"Getting Older and Slower"
Locker: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?newsvx
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to madj80

I saw a black 96 SVX on craigslist yesterday and got the craving to own another one. I had two when I lived in Colorado (silver 92 & white 92). Its been almost 7 years since my last time on this forum. I'm glad its still around. I'll keep everyone posted on the potential buy. Still waiting on the VIN from the seller.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:24 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

You're in Brandon? If you do get another one, hit me up, always interested in meeting up with other SVX fans.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-02-2013, 08:18 PM

Hi all! I said I'd get around to introducing myself in my Technical Q&A post, so here I am.

My name is Cory, and I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. My car is a '92 Claret (no idea what trim level it is, sorry) that I bought for $500 with a "bad" transmission and a whole bunch of electrical issues. The car has 116,500 miles on it, and seemed to be in mechanically excellent condition, so I figured "why not? If I can't fix it or I end up not liking it, I can always sell it for what I paid for it". Here she is the morning after she came home:

As it turns out, the transmission was just in limp mode, which was caused by a burned out TCU. Normally I wouldn't start diagnosing problems with the computers, but being that they were just dangling there I figured it was a good a place to start as any! I would say my guess was correct, as the scorch marks indicate

Anyway, as I started checking out the car I noticed that while it was almost perfect mechanically, there were electronic issues that weren't going to fly- wipers don't work, horn doesn't work, turn signals light up but don't blink, and a few other things that one might need to pass Virginia's state inspection and several others that aren't critical, but I'd still like to get fixed. Most of these issues I've nailed down and am just waiting on parts to come in. From what I've found so far, the likely culprit was a failed voltage regulator that caused a nice little electric spike which made the car very unhappy... which would explain why it has an almost brand new alternator under the hood

Still, I spent about a month and a half researching these cars before I bought it, and although everything tells me there are cheaper, faster, and all around better cars out there to have fun with - I've always enjoyed a challenge. What can I say? maybe I'm a masochist
Old 03-22-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madj80 View Post
I saw a black 96 SVX on craigslist yesterday and got the craving to own another one. I had two when I lived in Colorado (silver 92 & white 92). Its been almost 7 years since my last time on this forum. I'm glad its still around. I'll keep everyone posted on the potential buy. Still waiting on the VIN from the seller.
There have been a bunch for sale here in Colorado here lately.... mostly for $3k and up.... But alas, we already have 4 and can't take on anymore right now. Not that we don't want to! Some were really nice too! If you are ever looking for some, check out Denver's Craigslists. They are almost always on there if you don't mind a drive.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWindows View Post
I don't think I've ever checked in here. >.>

I'm Ed. I drive a 92 Dark Teal LS-L with an oxidized clear coat roof around Colorado Springs, Colorado. I've been on the forums for over a month, contributing to conversations and asking tech stuff, but I hope to give back soon as I mod my car and share the how-to's with you all.
Hi Ed! I'm Melissa and I'm in Greely, CO! Our two originals girls, Cali and Jade used to be the Dark Teal Ls-L's but have since been repainted. Gald you joined!

Are you going to drive out for the Reading meet next month?
Old 03-22-2013, 05:44 PM

Wow, after reviewing the posts, I realized that I never checked in here either.... I've been a member for over a year.... we have 4 svx's. We live in Greeley, CO and OT is fully respsonible for the amazing work on my Jade. He also currently has Cali and is working wonders on her . Cali and Jade were originally dark teal but are now vibrant other colors as you see below, Cali is vibrate blue with C's going down her side, Jade is light green with a Z down hers. We have two others, Lexy and Craig that have been added since the other two. Lexy was picked up as a secondary vehicle for either Thomas or I and Craig.. sadly will more than likely end up as a parts car as he has had a very horrible life. Lexy is a beautify ebony queen and Craig is a pearly. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything.... we have amassed a ton of spare parts.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jade01 (100x46).jpg (33.3 KB, 451 views)
File Type: jpg Lexy 01 (80x60).jpg (30.1 KB, 459 views)
File Type: jpg Cali01.jpg (65.5 KB, 464 views)
Old 03-22-2013, 07:08 PM
Happy SVX

Registered SVX

I remember you both and your card from Reading last year, are you two going to make the long trip again?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calijade11 View Post
Wow, after reviewing the posts, I realized that I never checked in here either.... I've been a member for over a year.... we have 4 svx's. We live in Greeley, CO and OT is fully respsonible for the amazing work on my Jade. He also currently has Cali and is working wonders on her . Cali and Jade were originally dark teal but are now vibrant other colors as you see below, Cali is vibrate blue with C's going down her side, Jade is light green with a Z down hers. We have two others, Lexy and Craig that have been added since the other two. Lexy was picked up as a secondary vehicle for either Thomas or I and Craig.. sadly will more than likely end up as a parts car as he has had a very horrible life. Lexy is a beautify ebony queen and Craig is a pearly. Please let me know if you have any questions or need anything.... we have amassed a ton of spare parts.....
1992 SVX LSL 5-Speed Sold at 180K 2019
1995 SVX Lsi Polo Sold at 118K 2007