How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 09:10 PM
Registered Abuser

Great to hear you are OK. I just went through similar scenario in July. $5200 for a 94? Work on that figure, if you can. I just got $7800 for a totalled 92. Buy the wreck back and buy another SVX in need of something. Then you are set with another SVX and a parts car. Plus all the removing of parts off of the parts car can go along way with learning the car and doing your own repairs. I hope things get better for you.

Stephen
94 Barcelona - FWD SOLD
92 Ebony - 3.90 SOLD
94 Laguna ROLLING w/4.44s/Ecutune ECU +TCU/STI springs/Infiniti M45 rims
Old 01-31-2003, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

"You empty headed animal food trough water, I blow my nose at you. You, with your knees-bent, running about, advancing behavior. I blow my nose at you, son of a silly person. Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries. Now, go away, or I shall taunt you a second time-uh."
Hmmm, Python steals the day on sarcastic put downs once again.

Last edited by Aredubjay; 01-31-2003 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 03:54 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Nice to see you guys taking each other so seriously!!

And Deruvian, don't go wrecking any more SVXs, there is a limited number of them, and look what you started!!!

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-31-2003, 08:26 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: All original, baby!

Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
dick, i just snatched up a pair for $10/each last week. the lights even work. i'll keep an eye out for you. the nondroopy gray type .
Quote:
Originally posted by CigarJohnny
Dick, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow morning when I pull down my drivers side sun visor and slowly push it up until <SNAP!> it pops itself tightly against the headliner.
You know, if gloating over another's misfortune isn't a capital offense or a cardinal sin, it oughta be. Karma, guys, karma.

Harry, thanks for the offer - I'd appreciate hearing if you come across any others. SVXs and SVX parts are a little hard to come by around here.
2001 Outback Sport
Old 01-31-2003, 08:59 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

??

Common Noir, why'd ya want to make Jay cry???

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-31-2003, 09:02 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Exclamation oops!!!

Delay my last!!! I didn't know that there where two pages to this!! Oops! Sorry all. It must look kinda wierd to see something typed that has no real relation to the conversation at the moment.... I'll try to not do it again!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 01-31-2003, 09:43 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Phil Hill

Hmmm, Python steals the day on sarcastic put downs once again.
Yes, you silly wiper of other people's bottoms, I fart in your general direction. You don't frighten us, English pig-dog! Go and boil your bottom, son of a silly person. Daffy English Kuh-niggit! I don' wanna talk to you no more.

(I've found that humor is often useful in diffusing tense situations)
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI

Last edited by Aredubjay; 01-31-2003 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Re: oops!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Delay my last!!! I didn't know that there where two pages to this!! Oops! Sorry all. It must look kinda wierd to see something typed that has no real relation to the conversation at the moment.... I'll try to not do it again!!

Weird??? Not at all perfectly normal here!!!
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 01-31-2003, 03:05 PM

Re: Re: oops!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi

Weird??? Not at all perfectly normal here!!!
this is coming from one of our wonderfully nutty members...

(little crazy here...)

Kelli

if i ignore the voices in my head, maybe they will go away...go away ....GO AWAY!
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 01-31-2003, 05:43 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Deruvian,

I'm glad that you are OK and am sorry for the loss of your SVX.

In Nov. '97 my wife totaled her '96 Outback wagon. She too walked away. I was sad for a time about the car but I was elated that she was OK.

Don't take your loos too hard. Be thankful that you're in one piece.

I have found in life, that if God closes one door, He opens another.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 01-31-2003, 06:10 PM
Debo

Send a message via AIM to cxt2001
Deruvian,

Dude, Im so sorry and Im pleased u are fine....have had to many kid that i know die from car accidents from my high school...Hey man just always remember that "Life Rolls On" ......And with all this talk its makes me want to check myself into "Hotshoes driving school for the young" (with me being 20 and reckless and all)
So good luck in finding another car, take care dude.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:02 PM
deruvian

Finally... Some compensation!

Well, after a few run-ins with the insurance company, AllState has finally given me a dollar amount...

At first, they were going to give me $5507. Not enough, I say. I put almost a grand into that car, and have all the receipts for it. So, I grumbled and groaned at them, and their figure was reanalyzed.

AllState is now giving me $6007 for the car. Not bad, not bad. Especially considering the fact that I bought it for $5800. So, after a $500 deductible, I will have a nice check for $5507.

Damn, I wish I could get another SVX. My parents won't let me, for some reason. I guess they think the whole thing is my fault. Perhaps they missed the part where I said another person was in my lane and oncoming. Who knows. But if my kid where in a wreck like this, their car gave it's life to save my kid's, and my kid walked away with only scratches... I would buy them the exact same car. Obviously the SVX is safe and is built like a damn tank if all this happened and I walked away from it fine.

Here's the question for now: Take that money now and buy a 1990 or 91 Toyota 4Runner v6 4x4 with around 100k miles, or drive my crapbox 1984 Ford F150 pickup with 246k miles around for 4 months until I turn 18 (and then buy another SVX without permission). Any ideas or opinions anyone?

By the way, thanks to everyone for all the support. It may not have seemed like it to you, but all this talking was definitely morally supportive, for sure.
Old 02-14-2003, 03:22 PM
Jay_Walker

Parents are wiley Deru, I wouldn't recommend holding out on them, that could have some pretty severe reprecussions down the road. If you do plan on buying an svx, lay it to them strait. Tell them your reasons, including the selfish ones, and then ask them their reasons for forbiding it. Don't shoot them down, let them mull it over for themselves. Parents don't like being proven wrong by their kids. It's a rude awakening from what I like to call potty training dementia. They still see you on the crapper kid, aint no way you can preach to them. If it doesn't fly, then wait until your in college, your own home, or find yourself in some other circumstance where your no longer under their thumb. But turning around and buying another one, after they expressly asked you not to, is the equvalent of flipping them off. And thats a baaaad thing. I'm happy to hear that your insurance isn't screwing you too badly. Thats more than enough to get yourself a new SVX. Oh and heres a tactic I always found usful. Start hinting that your thinking about getting a motorcycle. Given the choice between a bike and an SVX, they'll either jump at the SVX or wring your neck. Which, without an SVX might not seem like such a bad idea. Good luck, and as always, being an svxer is a life long commitment, wether or not you still have one. Be sure to come back and visit no matter.
Old 02-14-2003, 04:06 PM
deruvian

Unfortunately, everything you said is pretty much true Jay. My parents hate being proven wrong, and as soon as I prove them wrong, I am threatened to be kicked out of the house (happens a lot, actually).

However, their limiting me of a car doesn't seem to make much sense legally, seeming as the money is mine (I earned all of it). Sometimes I wonder if their limitations here are even legal at all. Law says it is illegal for a minor's parents to withhold or take money from them unless the parents are in an incredibly threatening financial situation with no other way out (besides claiming bankruptcy, of course).

I was thinking of getting the 4Runner anyways. I had a taste of some high-performance fun with the SVX, but now I think I might need a taste of some off-roading. SVX's are so damn affordable too. I know for a fact that because of my love for them, and because of it's affordability, I am going to own another one someday (but with a manual tranny dropped in next time).

4Runners do have nice turnaround on them too

Oh, and I'll have some "before and after" pics of my car posted in my locker soon. Stay tuned (unless you don't want to see the terror that is my murdered SVX).
Old 02-14-2003, 05:04 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: 4runner

derv, i wouldn't ask if it was legal with your parents. could scar your family relationships just mentioning that. also take in the fact that you are 17 years old. going out to buy your own insurance without tagging on your parents is going to rob you blind. i remember my insurance when i was 18 and it was almost enough monthly for a payment on a nice $20k car. 4runners are ok, but remember it doesn't drive like a sports car .

i've ridden with a few speed demons that owned supra's, rx7's and the like. after they bought their suv took a ride with them, big mistake. dumba$$es thought they could take corners like sports cars.

good luck