Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 06:15 PM

I had the same idea in mind for Mt. Washington: the line of SVXen! But that will only work if there are enough open spaces in a row. The West End overlook was remodeled recently, so I'll take a look to see if that will make a difference photographically.
Old 06-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian
I had the same idea in mind for Mt. Washington: the line of SVXen!
no my teh Legacy in the pics?

don't worry - i'll drive slow so you guys can keep up.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-14-2007, 05:31 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
If you want good pictures, you should check out the upper end parking lot from kennywood, it overlooks the park, but the park is set down about 100m, so you can get some great pictures of cars, and just part of the park as a nice back-drop. Other than that there's always down by the stadium, where they have the boat races and such, that would probably make for a nice shoot.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 06-16-2007, 10:58 AM

Question

Good suggestions! The lots by the stadium had occurred to me too, but the Kennywood lot never crossed my mind. I briefly scouted Mt. Washington and the West End Overlook on Thursdsay. The weather that day would have been perfect for an actual meet! I confirmed that Budbaer was right about the WEO; it's a no-go. On Grandview, I targeted the best stretch of spaces for photography. There are only 5 in that set, so if there are more of us or if some're occupied, the stragglers (& Alan's Legacy ) will have to park in the set after or before. I went further down Grandview. Once you get past the restaurants, there are good views, but absolutely no parking. (A group of guys at the last restaurant were staring at my car as I approached. As I drove by, I heard one exclaim to his buddys, "Oh, it's a Subaru!") We may want to include the McArdle Roadway on our route, and definitely Sycamore St. I did get a couple ideas for other sites from that cruise, and I'll do some more scouting.

We still need to choose a time to meet. Off the top of my head, I'm thinking around 2:00 PM. If you guys want to go earlier, we could make it noon. Or we could go later. What time works best for you?
Old 06-18-2007, 07:19 PM

Exclamation Date/Time/Place set!

Here's all the info in one place for our Greater Pittsburgh mini meet!

DATE: THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 24TH, 2007
TIME: 2:00 PM
PLACE: DORMONT POOL PARKING LOT
Banksville Rd. (Rt. 19) at intersection with Dwight Ave (& McMonagle Ave).

As I looked out over the vista from Mt. Washington last week, I scanned the North Hills for a vantage point that would offer an additional and unique photo op. from the other direction. I saw a steep hilltop/hillside cemetery with a narrow road winding through it. Today, I went to check it out, and it does have an amazing view! It was so insanely steep and high and narrow, that I was actually a little scared as I looked out across the passenger side window of my up-angled car toward the city below! You could almost believe that an SVX really can fly! The scary part is you know it can't.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:06 AM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
I am very sad to say that I won't be able to make the meet on Sunday. Yesterday afternoon we received the some really bad news about serious illness in our family. I apologize for the last minute cancellation but I need to be with my family right now. I hope everyone has a great time and I can't wait to see the pictures and hear how it went.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:39 AM

Sorry to hear about the illness in your family, Budbaer. There's no need to apologize. If you want, let us know when things are going better for you, and maybe we can have another mini meet...one that falls on a weekend when JaySVX can make it too.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:49 AM

Well, only SVXfiles, Green_eyed_lady, and I made it to the meet. Diana and especially Tom were delayed by heavy traffic. Because of that, the long distance they had to drive to get there, and the cloud cover that came in, we scrapped the city photoshoot/cruise. We just took some shots in the pool's parking lot and the hillside above it after we left José & Tony's. My camera isn't digital, and I haven't finished the film roll, so maybe Tom or Diana can post some pics in the meantime.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
Sorry, i had my kids this past weekend, can't do super big long road trips when they're here. I have them every other weekend. Plus i had kinda forgotten... if there's anything that i'm supposed to attend, i have a very very short term memory, svxfiles had my # though just tell him to call me. I made it to pittsburgh in 2 hours one night from philadelphia, so even iwth little notice it can be done!
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 06-26-2007, 08:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX
Sorry, i had my kids this past weekend, can't do super big long road trips when they're here. I have them every other weekend. Plus i had kinda forgotten... if there's anything that i'm supposed to attend, i have a very very short term memory, svxfiles had my # though just tell him to call me. I made it to pittsburgh in 2 hours one night from philadelphia, so even iwth little notice it can be done!
Be careful on the turnpike, I lost my license just east of Harrisburg, 126 in a 55. That was back in my stupid years, I try to have more self control now.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:58 AM

Yeah, Jay, we wouldn't want you loosing your licence over us! Philly to Pittsburgh is like a 5 - 6 hour drive at speeds near legal. Even if you were travelling between Philly's western-most outskirts and Pittsburgh's eastern-most in the dead of night, you'd still have to be going a good bit faster than Budbaer when he got busted to do it in 2! And although they might not be quite as bad as they used to be (or I'm just luckier), Pennylvania's police are known for being speed-trap-obsessed sticklers. Don't worry, next time we'll remind you with plenty of time to make it.

Also, I've just found a new local SVX owner who would be interested in a meet. So, Budbaer, just post here or PM me when it's good for you, and I'll try agian.