Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-10-2005, 11:19 PM

Question Help in Ohio pulling engine.

Finally got my donor car just about ready for the pullHow do I pull it? Im getting all the insides taken apart and Im just curious what are some secrets to pulling it. I havent even started taking out the exhaust yet so I guess that willl be one of my first. I have a lot of the car stripped and will probably be giving away the remainder to the junkyard unless someone hasa means to get this thing outta my garage(flatbed). Itll have no wheels, no axles,just plain old groundscraping. Pleaese help with some technical issues that may have come up during the pulls of other members. Im anxious to get the subaru remanufactured tranny with only 3000 miles outta this car. Its a prize. Do yu pull the engine up or drop it. How many bolts hold it in? and should I seperate the prior to pulling or can i get it out together asa unit? All replies appreciated.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
you can simply disconnect everything attached to the unibody and drop it out the bottom of the car. OR you could lift it out. I chose to lift it out when i do mine. Unbolt the trans the motor mounts heater core lines, take radiator out, trans cooler lines, fuel lines, oh dont forget the torque converter bolts. Take the alternator a/c and ps pumps off the engine and lay them next to the motor out of the way. Double check to make sure all 4 connectors on the pass rear of engine are disconnected and out of the way. make sure the ps cooler lines are disconnected on the bottom of the motor. Besides that it should be good to go. Just make a laundry list of all these things and check them off when you do them. then double check to make sure everything is disconnected. Oh, unbolt the motor mounts from the bottom, they are on the underside of the unibody crossmember that the engine sits on. Hope this helps.

Tom
Old 04-12-2005, 03:19 PM

thanks

I appreciate the checklist and Im ready to get that engine out. My garage has barely enough room to move in and I cant wait to get the wreck outta there. Thanks again
Old 04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
trust me, I know how u feel my garage is tiny, I wish i still had my old one.

Tom