SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2002, 09:29 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Busy!

Ya, I understand busy. No problem.

I have a pair of radios that I will bring.

This is great!

Again, thanks for all your work.

My email was just a call out to see what's happenin'.

I'll be there around 11:30 then as well.

See ya next Saterday.

Oh ya..what are you doing THIS Saturday?

- Jeff
Old 04-24-2002, 05:42 PM
SVXPassenger143

Well, if my guy hasn't already heard, which I am pretty damn sure he did. I'll tell him and we'll be there! So count us in!
Old 04-25-2002, 04:58 AM
red95svx

stuff

Jeff,

Checked my AOL mail. If you haven't read my response yet, I would love to go if I didn't have to work

Sunday or Monday perhaps?

p.s. you're welcome.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:58 AM

I think he has....BoominSVX right?

<<Well, if my guy hasn't already heard >>
Seeing as you are also from Taunton I assume you are refering to BoominSVX.

He knows.

Hopefully he'll bring his brother with the MONSTER truck.
Old 04-25-2002, 05:04 AM

red.. Oh ya

I forgot you work Sat. That stinks. For now it looks like VERY cloudy this Sat and I've got the plane from 9-4. Figures.

We'll have to try and hook up another weekend. We can discuss at the meet.

I think I'm all used up for this month assuming I can fly Sat. If not I will try to reserve a Sunday instead, then we can plan a mini- fly-in somewhere.

I want to see if I can arrange to go to Oshkosh this year with my dad. If I can get him to come out here and get me (he's in Rochester NY).

- Jeff
Old 04-25-2002, 05:13 AM
red95svx

MORE NEWS

I spoke to the dealership yesterday and they agreed to have several raffles for us. One of them will be for gift certificates for Tri-State Subaru (good for service and/or parts.....sorry for those of you that live far away). The others will be for various things such as synthetic oil, car wax, stuff like that. I'm also working on getting some small gifts for EVERY SVX that shows up, so I'm going to need an accurate count within the next few days (this is not definite.....but I'm trying!).

So far the day looks like this:

12-1 arrivals/BBQ
1-2 session with Master Tech
2-3/3:30 drive/photo ops
3/3:30-4 return to dealer/goodbyes

I will post directions to the dealership as well as the"final" plan in a day or two.

David
Old 04-25-2002, 05:53 AM

This is PERFECT

Great job David!

Nice and short and sweet. This will be a good day for the family.

BBQ, Tech meeting, drive, meet. Perfect plan.

I see...the following confirmed.

1 - David (red95svx) {ORGANIZER}
2 - Adam (alacrity024)
3 - Dave (boone)
4 - Jeff (jscorsesvx)
5 - Jack (satana)
6 - shadowyng (need to check again, he's outta town)
7 - DWayne2910
8 - Szalkerous
9 - BoominSVX
10 - Green95hoe (monster truck)

Can we coerce any other out of towners??????

- Jeff
Old 04-25-2002, 07:35 AM
alacrity024

This is looking totally sweet. Sorry I haven't been posting much, work suddenly got VERY busy for a few weeks. I have a friend named Ziggy with a beat-up '92 that might come along.. so throw him down as a tentative

-adam
Old 04-28-2002, 08:14 AM
red95svx

Quick note

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm meeting with the Service Manager of Tri-State today (who happens to be my father....don't you just love connections?) to work out the final details of next weeks meet.

Also, I FINALLY caught up with one of the other SVX owners in my area (there are THREE of us with red SVX's around here....what are the odds????). Anyway, it turns out that he bought his new in 94 (L 2WD) and he is crazy about it! He would love to come to the meet, but is unsure if he will. He had seats that I had never seen before. They were all cloth. So, for those of you at the first NE meet that laughed at my cloth and fake leather trimmed seats, you now have someone new to pick on

I still have not managed to get a hold of the other red SVX I've seen around. I will continue trying though!!!!!

I will post again tonight.

David
Old 04-28-2002, 04:44 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Cloth Seats??? in a red SVX???, that's different. There must be a few good sides to having cloth though. You back doesn't sweat in the heat. the seat isn't cold when you first get in it durng the winter, and your clothes will hold you from sliding all around the seat when you turn a corner. I won't poke fun at cloth, but I think the looks of the SVX takes the leather in the best.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 04-28-2002, 09:11 PM
red95svx

More News

Gather 'round folks.....here is the latest scoop on the meet.

As of right now, the meet will roughly follow this outline:

12-1:30 Arrivals/BBQ

1:30-3:00 Drive/ Photo Ops

3:00-4:00 Tech Session/Goodbyes

The times are approximate and may change, but probably not by much.

The tech session will be held outdoors and will be a question and answer/discussion period (sorry, we can't have it in the shop). Please bring ANY questions you may have about this wonderful machine.......the tech is VERY smart. This will be an excellent chance to ask about synthetic tranny fluid (which he doesn't recommend), driving in "D" versus driving in "3"....etc.

Also, there is a rumour that as many as 10 WRX owners will attend. I guess that they want to check out the one Subaru that's better than theirs If this is true, than we could have quite a turnout as far as people are concerned. However, I would like to point out that only people that show up in an SVX are eligible for any of the prizes.

It's late and I must be off. I will return in a day or two with more info.

David
Old 04-29-2002, 04:24 AM

Excellent work

Your FATHER is a genuine Subaru service rep. The rest of us better go easy on the rep. jokes around here.

I'd love to take a WRX for a spin.
Old 04-30-2002, 04:57 PM
red95svx

Directions to the meet

The NE MEET will be held May 4th 12-4 at Tri-State Subaru located at 7 Sutton Rd. in Webster MA (basically at the intersection of Rt. 16 and Rt. 395).

FROM THE NORTH:
You'll need to get onto Rt. 290 West. In Auburn, Rt. 290 West turns into Rt. 395 South. Follow Rt. 395 South to Webster. Take exit #3. Take a left at the end of the exit. Tri-State Subaru is about a mile down the road on your right.

FROM THE SOUTH:
Take Rt. 395 North to Webster. Take exit #2. Go straight at end of exit (you'll be crossing Rt. 16). Tri-State Subaru is on your left after you cross the road (you'll see it when you're on the exit ramp).

FROM THE EAST/WEST:
Take the Mass Pike to the Worcester/Auburn exit (#10?). Follow the signs for Rt. 395 South (after the toll booth you will need to bear left twice, then bear right once). Follow Rt. 395 South to Wesbter. Take exit #3. Take a left at the end of the exit. Tri-State Subaru is about a mile down the road on your right.

There will be someone at the end of Tri-State's driveway to greet everyone and to hand out raffle tickets to those of you that show up in an SVX. In case you get lost, the number to the dealership is (508) 943-7070, or you can call my cell phone at (917) 375-9161.

Please call or e-mail me if you have any questions.
Hope to see you all there!

David
Old 04-30-2002, 05:25 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
this thread got way out of line, thanks for putting us back in. I am sure the directions will be very usefull (if I go), Hoe boy up there has gotten me very adjitated. I hope to see you there. Thanks

Boomin<---- I just gotta breath for a few mins...
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 04-30-2002, 09:15 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I have removed some posts that were reported to me as offensive.

This is the first time I've had posts "reported" so deemed it an appropriate action dispite my usual leniency. It's the first time I've ever had to delete posts.

I would hope we wouldn't have to worry about another "outbreak" of this kind. Okay guys? Let's keep this place civil, and our personal squabbles, personal. Thank you.

I believe you owe the Northeast contingient an apology for mucking up their organizational thread.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI