How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:39 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
Nomake, glad to hear you got your cable working. Was going to try to help you last night, but tropical storm Noel knocked out my power for 10 hours. Just got power back on. Anyways, glad to hear its working good for you. Now, lets get cracking on JDash
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362 View Post
Nomake, glad to hear you got your cable working. Was going to try to help you last night, but tropical storm Noel knocked out my power for 10 hours. Just got power back on. Anyways, glad to hear its working good for you. Now, lets get cracking on JDash
Gotta get my ECU talking to me again first, hahaha.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Nomake Wan Send a message via MSN to Nomake Wan Send a message via Yahoo to Nomake Wan Send a message via Skype™ to Nomake Wan
Well I went parts-hunting at the local Frys Electronics... and silly me, I forgot to cross-reference the voltage regulator part before heading in. So I get referred to service because they have internet. But they won't let me use it. That's fine, they rebuild computers all day so they're smart, right?

After ten minutes of searching and searching they came up empty-handed so I left. When I got home I sat down and it took me all of 60 seconds to get it cross-referenced to the correct NTE part.

I'll pick it up tomorrow, I have work in 20 minutes.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362 View Post
Tell me you're going to do JDash for the Mac OS X
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-30-2007, 10:48 PM
Retired

Since it's designed from Java, it should work on all platforms.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide View Post
Tell me you're going to do JDash for the Mac OS X
-Bill
It will run on mac

Old 10-31-2007, 04:31 AM

High all I am about to have a go at this as well, I have some computer experiance but not a lot. Use to program in Basic and now visial basic also currently programing PLC's for machine control. My questions from the little bit I have read so far is has any decision been made one one particalur software or does everyone have the same favourite. The reason I ask is if we all agree to work on one my guess is as bad as we may be at programing we could get through it together. My experiance is that it won't matter what computer lanuage, once you get into it's a lot easier then you time. I remember using Cobol on a job and we got through it.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:41 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tobi
I currently code a SSM-Tool in C# because after i complete the standard version i want to make a PDA-version (Windows Mobile).
C# is optimal for Windows Mobile programs.
I prefer a PDA, its more comfortable as a notebook.

The standard version is running but not still complete.
I hope i have some time in the next days to finish it.

After its complete i make a upload for who is interest in this tool.

Last edited by Tobi; 10-31-2007 at 06:51 AM.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:03 AM
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
High all I am about to have a go at this as well, I have some computer experiance but not a lot. Use to program in Basic and now visial basic also currently programing PLC's for machine control. My questions from the little bit I have read so far is has any decision been made one one particalur software or does everyone have the same favourite. The reason I ask is if we all agree to work on one my guess is as bad as we may be at programing we could get through it together. My experiance is that it won't matter what computer lanuage, once you get into it's a lot easier then you time. I remember using Cobol on a job and we got through it.
Tony
Right now, I don't think anyone has picked a favorite. I'm working (er, going to be working) on JDash because it's in Java and I know some Java. Alternatively, there's Phil's ECUdump software which could be added onto to create a tuning program.

A couple of posts back a bunch of different programs were posted. I guess you can just sort through, find one you like and see what you can do.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dessertrunner View Post
Tony
I would say JDash is our best, and easiest short term program to work with at the moment. It will take very little to get it running, and it has a lot of functionality. I also posted a link back in my select monitor thread to the source files for JDash.

I think TunerPro would be our best option as a long term tuning and data logging program. There is already code for the SSM, it just needs to be modified for the SVX.

I would say, we should all give our thoughts and talents to JDash first, as it has a lot of functionality, and will be the easiest to get working. From there we can start on TunerPro. Thanks to all who are getting involved, or have been involved.

Old 11-01-2007, 04:19 AM
Phil & Belha

I've discovered how to calculate the Air:Fuel ratio from the numbers in the Fuel Map. The formula is 14.7/(x/128).
So here is an updated diagram and an excel spreadsheet of the maps with the formula applied. I'll update the enginuity definitions on my website later today.

Attached Files
File Type: zip fuel2.zip (9.4 KB, 311 views)
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SE Sports Tourer
1996 Subaru Legacy 2.2 GX Wagon
1988 Subaru Justy J12 SL-II
Old 11-01-2007, 04:45 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
how do i use the dump to get this for my car??

Tin
Old 11-01-2007, 06:57 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
how do i use the dump to get this for my car??
I wrote a program to do it, but you need to run Linux on your computer.

If you are running Windows then you could make do with the the VWRX SelectMonitorDump program. Unfortunately this program doesn't have the facility to write to a file, so you'll need to copy the numbers down by hand.

Dump the values from 8100 to 810F. Note down the two-digit hex values from the first column. Convert them to decimal and multiply each one by 50. This is your RPM scale.

Now dump 8110 to 811F. Convert them to decimal. This is your Engine Load Scale.

Now dump 8120 to 812F, 8130 to 813F, 8140 to 814F and so on up to 821F. Use the formula r=14.7/(x/128) to convert each value to an Air:Fuel ratio.

Actually, to save you messing about with a calculator, there's a better way. Just copy the numbers down, convert them to decimal and then enter them into the raw-data section of the spreadsheet that I posted earlier. The converted-data section should be updated automatically.

As an example, if you open the ROM-data file in the ecu section on my website, and scroll down to address 8120, you can see the raw data of the map. If you look at the spreadsheet you should be able to see how they match up.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II
Old 11-01-2007, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3lha View Post
I've discovered how to calculate the Air:Fuel ratio from the numbers in the Fuel Map. The formula is 14.7/(x/128).
So here is an updated diagram and an excel spreadsheet of the maps with the formula applied. I'll update the enginuity definitions on my website later today.
I wouldn't make that assumption until you stick a wideband on your car, do some datalogging with map tracing, and confirm that how you think the fuel map works actually matches reality. What I'd guess your looking at is really a multiplier for a calculated base injection time. You might think that works out to an AFR, but from experience it probably doesn't match what the car actually ends up running at, in which case your better off just leaving the table in terms of a multiplication factor than a AFR value. Makes for less confusion when people start asking why their AFR values in the fuel map don't match what they see the car actually doing.

Just a suggestion.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 AM
Phil & Belha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
I wouldn't make that assumption until you stick a wideband on your car, do some datalogging with map tracing, and confirm that how you think the fuel map works actually matches reality. What I'd guess your looking at is really a multiplier for a calculated base injection time. You might think that works out to an AFR, but from experience it probably doesn't match what the car actually ends up running at, in which case your better off just leaving the table in terms of a multiplication factor than a AFR value. Makes for less confusion when people start asking why their AFR values in the fuel map don't match what they see the car actually doing.

Just a suggestion.
OK. You're probably right.
I got the formula by looking at calculations that the ECUedit guys were using to decode the fuel map on Imprezas with the next-generation of JECS ECUs.
1994 Alcyone SVX S40-II