SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2009, 06:51 PM

Need Some Help: No Start, No Code!

I'll try to make this short.

Car has 174000 miles (156,600 if you count 4 miles over on speedometer) has run fine lately, no overheating. A few codes have been thrown since I got the exhaust redone, mostly the Left oxygen sensor (code #37) but shortly after went out. Saw this three times in 6 months. No starting issues other than the normal click, click, start

Parked car on slight incline at work around 12 noon. Started car to leave about 6pm. let it idle down below 1k RPM as normal and then left. I live about a two blocks away and half way there the car started to chug and wouldn't respond correctly to the gas pedal. I coaxed her home the other block into my garage where I parked it and it short after died. I tried to start it and could get it to fire 2 out of 5 times. The few times it did start I had my foot pedal to the metal and was cranking, as I let off the pedal it woud slowly pick up RPMs until just above 2k. I had got it started two or three times with a very bad idle and it would die as soon as I hit the pedal. Again, pedal to the floor seemed to cut fuel and depressing allowed it to start.

Since then the car will not fire, it only cranks. I can hear the fuel pump and verified there was fuel to the filter. It's a brand new filter so I didn't bother checking the out side of the filter. I was under the assumption that it is a timing issue so I started by replacing the cam angle and position sensors, below the alternator, from a known running SVX, but no go. I metered the sets of sensors and they were all within 1-ohm or under (have specs at home if needed). I pulled half of the left side timing cover off to see if the belt was shredded but it seemed intact. Should I remove the whole cover or is peeking through the top side just fine?

At this point I am kinda stumped. Work has been swamped and I have minimal time to research and at home my internet consists of a 3.5 inch screen on a Palm Pre

Any Idea?? All help appreciated! The correct answer deserves cookies so what kind do you want?