SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2007, 01:11 PM
Will

Rear sub-frame questions

I was wondering if there was anyway to pull the rear sub-frame, axle's, diff. out in, more or less one piece. i'm looking at buying an AWD svx for parts and I was thinking for ease of re-assembly is there any way to take the whole rear assembly out and basically bolt it under mine. i have no idea what an AWD looks like underneath as there arn't many SVX's around to take a glance at here in Iowa, and since mine is unfortunatly FWD I have nothing but swing arms and bearings out back to look at. Anyways what other challanges are there in swapping out to AWD. I know i'm in for swapping out another tranny but will my fwd axleswork with the AWD tranny. How about the rear brakes and hubs, will i just have to take the ones from the awd? I was also thinking about putting a manual 5 in at some point, when I find the right parts car. What years are the best swap, Is there a parts car that would be better to buy for the 5-speed/AWD swap that would gain more usable parts in the long run than another SVX? Or is buying another SVX mandtory to any SVX owner? I know there kind of addicting and costs me alot more than my wife does, but my wife also dosn't understand the feeling deep in your gut you get from drive an SVX. Anyways there just another notch in Subaru's belt.
Thanks for the help and advice.
Will