Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 04-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX
Re: Hopefully not my last Reading but if this keeps up...

I thought your car looked great despite the slight rust and turn signal. Minimal fixes at best.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 04-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Wow, I'm sorry I drove the 1000 mile trip in my $500 SVX that has rusted out doors, rusting quarter panels, dented drivers side fender, dented hood and a dent in the roof that I saved from being parted out because some kid really was f***ing the sh!t out of it for the few months he had it before "luckily" the front diff blew on it and he couldn't screw it up anymore. But currently its the one that is in the best mechanical condition. 1 month ago this car wasn't even on the road and yet I put 2400 miles on it this weekend to come out and meet up with people that I've been able to gain strong friendships from. Everyone on here is soooo worried about driving their SVX that they have owned for years even 500 miles or sometimes even less to get to a meet in fear that something might happen due to the age of the cars. Yet I had no real worries about taking this car that I just picked up all that distance.

People come here for the friendships/people than anything, plain and simple!!! Last year I had to bring a Durango and spent as much on gas as it probably would be to have put 4.44 gears in my silver (which still currently remains with a blown high clutch). But I wanted to come and meet the people that I have talked to even though at that time last year, I had only been on the forum for about 6 months. I went there last year and didn't know anyone really and felt somewhat of an outsider but left with a few new friends and met a lot of great people. Those same people that have helped me out with my "adventures" over the past couple months. I could care less if there weren't any SVX there at all, as long as it remained a place that old friends could meet up again once a year and just have a great time doing whatever.
Why be sorry Nate, just be sure to start bringing it back to glory just as everyone should be doing.

People crying about not having money is a joke, fix your car rather then going. Maint. doesn't count in my mind as every car needs to have maint and wear items replaced. If you can't afford to do it then maybe an SVX isn't for you.

As for driving 1000 miles, that doesn't cut water to me. One of the autoxs in Harrisburg I was at hat 10-15 Tigers and Alpines putting their cars through the paces at blazing speed for a 40 year old car. Most were from the other side of the country and had been driven there for an anuual meet. Just as I said, how likely is there to be a 40 year Reading? With the condition of many of the cars at Reading this year, not so likely unless you go to Earl's, Larry's or OTs.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:52 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
Why be sorry Nate, just be sure to start bringing it back to glory just as everyone should be doing.

People crying about not having money is a joke, fix your car rather then going. Maint. doesn't count in my mind as every car needs to have maint and wear items replaced. If you can't afford to do it then maybe an SVX isn't for you.

As for driving 1000 miles, that doesn't cut water to me. One of the autoxs in Harrisburg I was at hat 10-15 Tigers and Alpines putting their cars through the paces at blazing speed for a 40 year old car. Most were from the other side of the country and had been driven there for an anuual meet. Just as I said, how likely is there to be a 40 year Reading? With the condition of many of the cars at Reading this year, not so likely unless you go to Earl's, Larry's or OTs.
Or, you could even go to our place
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedForSpeed View Post
Or, you could even go to our place
No I didn't forget about you, surely California will have fallen into the sea long before then to rid this country of all ye sinners.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:36 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
No I didn't forget about you, surely California will have fallen into the sea long before then to rid this country of all ye sinners.
We repented , were given another 100 years grace,
sorry Arizona, no coastline for you
http://www.ClassicSoftTrim.com http://ToyoTires.com/tire/pattern/versado-lx Gillman Subaru of Houston
"QuickChange" http://www.TransGo.com/ http://www.PlanetSVX.com Bontrager Works,

'92 Subaru SVX LS-L Claret ORIGINAL OWNER
'92 LS-L Pearl~ '92 LS Pearl~ '92 LS-L Teal~ '92 LS-L Silver~ '95 LSi Polo~
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Pearl~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54143
'92 JDM Alcyone SVX Version-L 4WS Ebony~ http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54117
Old 04-20-2010, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
I'd like to believe there is a bright future for the svx. It's a beautiful car with much potential and I refuse to believe that the end is near. Highs and lows to everything and I'm sure we'll see an influx of cars and more members sooner or later. We just have to wait..
Agreed. So few cars have SVX's combination of qualities.

The thing is, that this is the time where normal use is ending, and the car is transitioning to possible classic status.

The car is 18 model years old, now, from the beginning of SVX production. even the youngest is 13 years old.

15-20 years is a rough time for cars, I think. Old enough to start being unreliable in some cases. Abuse may have taken it's toll on some cars. 2 or 3 owners have bought, and used, and may now have lost some interest in most of these. Single owners and low-mileage cars are the exception, not the rule.

The hardware is starting to show age in a lot of edges that might not have been noticeable. Some of these cars are getting to the point where project creep could take a minor service to a partial restoration, or even a full restoration. where do you stop, if everything you dig into uncovers something else to be done before you put the part back that you started with?

These cars aren't Mustangs. The aftermarket and OE parts pools are not very big at all. They aren't Porsches either, that people have knowingly kept salvage-ready, rather than being crushed or otherwise destroyed. Porsches and others may have instead been saved in salvage-ready state, due to name-value, and sure classic status in the future.

These cars aren't quite 25 years old. they haven't quite reached nostalgic status. Maybe they won't really take hold as classics, since they weren't rampantly popular when new. But they are worthy, if they do catch on as classics.

Some cars are going to be drivers until the wheels fall off, and like mine, would never be 100% no matter how much money could be spent on it. It has been hit, and not repaired correctly... the structure is minutely bent, but not to the point of being beyond function.

When I bought it, I did put new wipers and new headlights, and some other bits that were functionally needed. I fixed the leaking steering return line a couple weekends ago. I replaced the broken wheel stud, and such. The paint is peeling clearcoat more and more... and the driver's seat leather is coming apart more and more... and the power antenna is broken off, and the speakers crackle and rattle... and such things like that.

I don't have the cash to fix those things right now, let alone buying a nicer example, or restore the car that I currently use to commute. (and keep mileage off of my nicer 2.5 GT Legacy, and hopefully slow down it's depreciation a little bit.)

I could spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to square my bent SVX, and re-paint it, and all that... and it still won't be as straight or as square as an original car. So I am not going to do that. I'd rather spend the money on another straight car, and enjoy driving this one, in the mean time.

Some folks just don't get around to some things, even if some others disagree with that priority. I might agree with some lack of maintenance being unfortunate on these cars, when it would be relatively easy to perform.

But to say that money isn't an issue is a bit callous. Even those of us still employed are having bills increase, and buying power drop. That has an effect. This economy is hitting hard. And I refuse to begrudge people their valued past-time to go meet other friends, amidst this trying time.

Sitting at home stewing about piling up bills isn't all that healthy. Sometimes it is worth it to spend a little money to get out of dodge, and meet some other folks, even if there are some things that still aren't all in a row otherwise.

I do have to ask myself this, though... and it can be a rhetorical question, if necessary... what is to be gained by making people feel bad about their cars, and their decision to drive to a meeting, if someone else calls that into question the way this thread subject does.

I am not much of a softie, and I think there is a lack of shame in our culture, in things like driving badly while texting, or wanting to get more money from the government when other people have to work to pay those taxes, and such...

But somehow being harsh on folks here, seems counter-productive, and less encouraging... and more discouraging in the effect of social interaction.

I can see why people might react with "Ok, why try, if I am just going to get criticized." rather than "Ok, I need to get some of that stuff done." when someone comes to a community like this, and brings somewhat harsh criticism, even if it is based in actuality.

An 8 ounce glass with 4 ounces of liquid in it can be described as half full or half empty. That interpretation makes a difference, aside from the objective fact. A negative interpretation can be met with a negative response, is all I'm saying.

If this community is not the big place for people to ENCOURAGE people to maintain their older cars, there isn't really much for anyplace else for that. Even other Subaru forums don't necessarily care or like these cars.

Coming here, and getting shot down is not a good feeling, and it really isn't necessary to be shooting people down here. Encouragement for re-doubled efforts should be what goes on here.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 04-20-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Fine. Everyone else can abuse or neglect their SVX but I'm moving forward. This car is almost the same age as me and I drive her like she was purchased yesterday.

I love this car and I'm sure others feel the same and refuse to give up on them. The body of this car is timeless and she will be my dd till I get another SVX and want to drive a different color for a day. Aftermarket is always an option, even if there are few choices. I'm going to make this work and any SVX enthusiast would do the same..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

my 92 is too beat up to bring out so i bought a nicer 94
i'll be there next year
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
There is more than a nugget of truth in both the positive side and the negative side being debated here.

As Reading has assumed the mantle of the nearest thing to a US national meet, the maintenance and swap meet part of the event should neither be dissed nor discarded. This is the only time so many members actually get to meet one another, so why not use part of the meeting time to do small maintenance jobs and let members swap parts.

Just keep this aspect of the Meet in proportion and keep the auto jumble swap meet part off to one side like is normally done, to avoid untidying up the place.

Also the numbers turning up and the quality of cars turning up will both go downhill as the cars get older and the owner profile changes.

Don't b1tch about it, just get used to it. It's called reality.

Joe
I am a member of a street rod club that has been 'Hosting' a meet for over 37 years. I have seen over 1,200 cars and I have seen 600.
Each year, the 'list' of "dedicated to deceased" rodders grows longer and their cars are not showing up.
We have been 'opening' the run to newer cars trying to get the 'younger' guys to come out. We were at 1949 but now are open to 1967.
Even with that, we are still struggeling to get 800 cars.
A lot of the 'under-funded' rodders are building 'Rat Rods'. They do all that is necessary to pull a camper with it, but don't worry about shiney paint or dents.
The 'THEORY' with building a 'Rat' is that "I can always make it 'pretty' when money is available, but I'm GOING ANYWAY!"

I can build 3 'Rats' for what a decent paint job costs now!
In some ways my SVX is a 'Rat' at this point. (But it is running and driven), that will keep the driveline 'fresh' till I get the time to finish the body and squirt it.

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry
Old 04-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerFanatic View Post
Agreed. So few cars have SVX's combination of qualities.

The thing is, that this is the time where normal use is ending, and the car is transitioning to possible classic status.

The car is 18 model years old, now, from the beginning of SVX production. even the youngest is 13 years old.

15-20 years is a rough time for cars, I think. Old enough to start being unreliable in some cases. Abuse may have taken it's toll on some cars. 2 or 3 owners have bought, and used, and may now have lost some interest in most of these. Single owners and low-mileage cars are the exception, not the rule.

The hardware is starting to show age in a lot of edges that might not have been noticeable. Some of these cars are getting to the point where project creep could take a minor service to a partial restoration, or even a full restoration. where do you stop, if everything you dig into uncovers something else to be done before you put the part back that you started with?

These cars aren't Mustangs. The aftermarket and OE parts pools are not very big at all. They aren't Porsches either, that people have knowingly kept salvage-ready, rather than being crushed or otherwise destroyed. Porsches and others may have instead been saved in salvage-ready state, due to name-value, and sure classic status in the future.

These cars aren't quite 25 years old. they haven't quite reached nostalgic status. Maybe they won't really take hold as classics, since they weren't rampantly popular when new. But they are worthy, if they do catch on as classics.

Some cars are going to be drivers until the wheels fall off, and like mine, would never be 100% no matter how much money could be spent on it. It has been hit, and not repaired correctly... the structure is minutely bent, but not to the point of being beyond function.

When I bought it, I did put new wipers and new headlights, and some other bits that were functionally needed. I fixed the leaking steering return line a couple weekends ago. I replaced the broken wheel stud, and such. The paint is peeling clearcoat more and more... and the driver's seat leather is coming apart more and more... and the power antenna is broken off, and the speakers crackle and rattle... and such things like that.

I don't have the cash to fix those things right now, let alone buying a nicer example, or restore the car that I currently use to commute. (and keep mileage off of my nicer 2.5 GT Legacy, and hopefully slow down it's depreciation a little bit.)

I could spend tens of thousands of dollars trying to square my bent SVX, and re-paint it, and all that... and it still won't be as straight or as square as an original car. So I am not going to do that. I'd rather spend the money on another straight car, and enjoy driving this one, in the mean time.

Some folks just don't get around to some things, even if some others disagree with that priority. I might agree with some lack of maintenance being unfortunate on these cars, when it would be relatively easy to perform.

But to say that money isn't an issue is a bit callous. Even those of us still employed are having bills increase, and buying power drop. That has an effect. This economy is hitting hard. And I refuse to begrudge people their valued past-time to go meet other friends, amidst this trying time.

Sitting at home stewing about piling up bills isn't all that healthy. Sometimes it is worth it to spend a little money to get out of dodge, and meet some other folks, even if there are some things that still aren't all in a row otherwise.

I do have to ask myself this, though... and it can be a rhetorical question, if necessary... what is to be gained by making people feel bad about their cars, and their decision to drive to a meeting, if someone else calls that into question the way this thread subject does.

I am not much of a softie, and I think there is a lack of shame in our culture, in things like driving badly while texting, or wanting to get more money from the government when other people have to work to pay those taxes, and such...

But somehow being harsh on folks here, seems counter-productive, and less encouraging... and more discouraging in the effect of social interaction.

I can see why people might react with "Ok, why try, if I am just going to get criticized." rather than "Ok, I need to get some of that stuff done." when someone comes to a community like this, and brings somewhat harsh criticism, even if it is based in actuality.

An 8 ounce glass with 4 ounces of liquid in it can be described as half full or half empty. That interpretation makes a difference, aside from the objective fact. A negative interpretation can be met with a negative response, is all I'm saying.

If this community is not the big place for people to ENCOURAGE people to maintain their older cars, there isn't really much for anyplace else for that. Even other Subaru forums don't necessarily care or like these cars.

Coming here, and getting shot down is not a good feeling, and it really isn't necessary to be shooting people down here. Encouragement for re-doubled efforts should be what goes on here.

YOU, Sir, have hit it ON the HEAD!
I was told 23 years ago that my 47 Dodge would be 'Laughed at' if I took it to a certain run. I said, "Well I guess they don't NEED my truck or money there". I have NEVER attended that run. I did hear that the run is LOSING attendance by the HUNDREDS each year.
The ARROGANCE is KILLING it! Lets not let that happen here!

Jerry
Old 04-20-2010, 09:41 PM

Registered SVX

If and when a work in progress, which by its very nature should be interesting, is not welcome at a get together, something is very wrong.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Fine. Everyone else can abuse or neglect their SVX but I'm moving forward. This car is almost the same age as me and I drive her like she was purchased yesterday.

I love this car and I'm sure others feel the same and refuse to give up on them. The body of this car is timeless and she will be my dd till I get another SVX and want to drive a different color for a day. Aftermarket is always an option, even if there are few choices. I'm going to make this work and any SVX enthusiast would do the same..
Don't get me wrong. I don't intend to let my SVX just languish. I intend to get a nice long service life out of it, but I just don't expect perfection out of that particular unit.

I don't mean to be dismissive, but I don't worry so much about my current SVX being somewhat hailed on, as I do about my 60K mile 1999 Classic Red Miata, or my 70K Garnet Red Legacy GT 5-speed, which have more resale value, if necessary to sell, than my $1000 saved-from-the-crusher, non-pristine SVX. If I had a pristine SVX, I would be VERY nervous about door dings or hail dents or the potential for rock chips in the windshield.

I am quite enamored with the SVX, but not every car is even capable of becoming a 10-point concours car, even with money thrown at it. But I agree that they should not be neglected or abused, or crushed... and have put my money where my mouth is on that fact.

Also, make no mistake, if I had some money for a project, there would be a straight, relatively rust-free SVX with my name on it, for a FULL re-build. I have a quite extensive plan of what I want a truly fine SVX to be.

Maybe a Z32 300zx with a 4.5 liter V8 transplant, to go along with the SVX.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Now with more color

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
Wow, I'm sorry I drove the 1000 mile trip in my $500 SVX that has rusted out doors, rusting quarter panels, dented drivers side fender, dented hood and a dent in the roof that I saved from being parted out because some kid really was f***ing the sh!t out of it for the few months he had it before "luckily" the front diff blew on it and he couldn't screw it up anymore. But currently its the one that is in the best mechanical condition. 1 month ago this car wasn't even on the road and yet I put 2400 miles on it this weekend to come out and meet up with people that I've been able to gain strong friendships from. Everyone on here is soooo worried about driving their SVX that they have owned for years even 500 miles or sometimes even less to get to a meet in fear that something might happen due to the age of the cars. Yet I had no real worries about taking this car that I just picked up all that distance.

People come here for the friendships/people than anything, plain and simple!!! Last year I had to bring a Durango and spent as much on gas as it probably would be to have put 4.44 gears in my silver (which still currently remains with a blown high clutch). But I wanted to come and meet the people that I have talked to even though at that time last year, I had only been on the forum for about 6 months. I went there last year and didn't know anyone really and felt somewhat of an outsider but left with a few new friends and met a lot of great people. Those same people that have helped me out with my "adventures" over the past couple months. I could care less if there weren't any SVX there at all, as long as it remained a place that old friends could meet up again once a year and just have a great time doing whatever.
Nate,
I made a 'special' trip to meet you and drove my 'ratty old 222K' to OT's sunday. I had NO problem with the 'condition' of your car! When I saw 'Wisconsin' tags parked in Wiley's Ford, W.Va. I was IMPRESSED!!
I have seen Kansas tags, Manitoba, and all points in between parked in OT's driveway! I KNOW what you guys and gals are all about!
I have seen tags from 30 different states and 2 countrys parked there! ( In West Virginia) I have met 127 members of this site and have not made it to 'Reading' yet!
WE are still alive. The SVX WILL survive because of US!
Keep up the 'good' fight!!

I can remember a day when 24 SVX'es were parked at the airport. A guy asked me if this was a 'local' club? I told him to LOOK at the Tags on the cars! The Conneticut tags on Sicksubi's car and YT's Jersey tags kinda ruled out 'Local', Mike 621, Eric, 'The Red', Tina, Wannarace, from Ohio, Carlos, from Va, Greensvx from The Carolinas, Soviet, etc, etc,

PRIDE!!! We LOVE these cars!

Jerry

Last edited by subi-crosser; 04-20-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:34 PM

Registered SVX

To me, Reading is like a family reunion, the difference being that this is a family I have chosen. I go there to see people that I only see a few times a year, people that I enjoy being with due to our shared appreciation of the SVX.

Why do I appreciate my SVX? It's simple, I love to drive it. I could never afford to own a car that looks, feels and handles like my SVX. She's not a showpiece, she's my daily driver. I could probably buy a little POS to drive so I could keep my SVX looking great and save on maintenance costs, but I don't really want to drive anything else (that I can afford). Thank heavens I have Tom to help me keep her mechanically sound. I will be heartbroken if the day ever comes that I have to "put her down" because I can't get the parts to keep her on the road anymore. Maybe someday if I hit the lottery I can afford another car that I can appreciate as much, but I don't see it happening.

If you come to Reading simply for the cars, I can understand you not wanting to continue attending; I, for one, will continue to attend as long as there are still people who share my love for this car.

And if my great Aunt Mary gets fat and old, I'll still go to the family reunion -- it's not about looks, it's about love.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 04-21-2010, 01:34 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subi-crosser View Post
Nate,
I made a 'special' trip to meet you and drove my 'ratty old 222K' to OT's sunday. I had NO problem with the 'condition' of your car! When I saw 'Wisconsin' tags parked in Wiley's Ford, W.Va. I was IMPRESSED!!
I have seen Kansas tags, Manitoba, and all points in between parked in OT's driveway! I KNOW what you guys and gals are all about!
I have seen tags from 30 different states and 2 countrys parked there! ( In West Virginia) I have met 127 members of this site and have not made it to 'Reading' yet!
WE are still alive. The SVX WILL survive because of US!
Keep up the 'good' fight!!

I can remember a day when 24 SVX'es were parked at the airport. A guy asked me if this was a 'local' club? I told him to LOOK at the Tags on the cars! The Conneticut tags on Sicksubi's car and YT's Jersey tags kinda ruled out 'Local', Mike 621, Eric, 'The Red', Tina, Wannarace, from Ohio, Carlos, from Va, Greensvx from The Carolinas, Soviet, etc, etc,

PRIDE!!! We LOVE these cars!
Wow, I didn't realize I was the "main" cause of your drive to OT's to meet me.
But seriously, I didn't see much wrong with your car. Sure it had primer all over and everything but I would never mind driving an SVX like that as long as it was mechanically ok. Granted I didn't look at it up close. Primer in my mind and a straight body means that, "hey, I'm in the process of getting this car fixed up properly." It was great meeting you. I have seen your posts and read through your threads and can definitely "feel" your issues that you've been having. But after being able to meet you and talk with you for a short while (its too bad you had to get going right away), it really helped to put a true name and personality to everything. You'll definitely have to make time if possible to chat some more as I will be coming out that way again in roughly a month and as long as it is ok with Tom and Diana, possibly crashing a night there again. (more details to come of course) I can't thank them enough for all of their hospitality!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: