Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2002, 05:21 AM
One teal and One yellow

Talking a wonderful trip

i didn't sleep and i started my journey 530am early in saturday morning reached morgantown, pa at 915am. i was driving in the snow/ice. my svx was the dirties one(full of salt) out there. drove like whole afternoon in the saturday(tired) but really enjoyed the tour and the beautiful views(made me alert). i was the last one to leave(not stay in the hotel) i talked to john & mr.rusty until 2am then i started my journey back. i reached my morgantown on sunday 515pm.(john and your dad, i actually arrived later than you guys) because i drop by hagerstown, also spent some time for rest. it seemed i drove my SVX like 36hrs - non stop. i really enjoyed the ride and quality.

i enjoy meeting with diff diff SVXers and seeing diff diff SVXes.
that's fun. total distant of 739.4miles w/ 30.6 gallons of premium gas. avg mpg:24.16 that's pretty cool. my record of our total tour is 146.7miles. on the way there, i got 26mpg. on the way back, i got 26.12mpg w/ the spd of 75-80mph. auto a/c:71F. up and down at I70 and I68. i was pretty satisfied. a tank of gas: mixed w/ 75% of country roads: i got as low as 21.72mpg. conclusion: my SVX is definitely normal. driving mileage is really variable on the driving conditions. in my morgantown city drive: i only got 12-14mpg always.

however, i'm too talkative for my reports. but, good to seeing everybody there and have fun in my very first svx meet.

now, i also want to learn a little like Randy... of course, i can't remember as well as him and didn't get to see all people...at least i know i didn't richard_51.

randy - of cos good to see you. but i don't know what to say...how come you're late back from your car wash and didn't do the headlight cleanings demo but my headlights are so clean now

larry - thanks larry for your tour. finally to see you how you look like. you're actually like what i thought. i wish we could stop by at the country rd side took some great pics.

john - thanks for your information guide. your SVX is too new. i'm happy i'm finally got my network stickers i want your t-shirt.

ron - good to see you. you look younger than i thought. how could you drive so fast with the small doughnut.

mike(green) - thanks for ur ride. i confirmed my bearings are cool. i like your right-hand-side mirror. do you still have heat function in there?

jakesvx - now i remember, my professor's svx, the speedometer also doesn't work but his check light doesn't come on

dough - good to see you. you are tall. sigh didn't get to see your car and the mileage....hehe

lwin - congrat on your penguin. i'm waiting for the pics(related to my starting) you said you would post...

zeppelin - are you going to fix your rust? thanks for taking the last picture for me beside the svx board. i am excited to see how it comes out....

never2phat - it'll be better if you've a new headlight on the left... i remember your plate...don't drive too fast...

nubsjr - why did you always clean your car by your duster...almost every time you stopped...

SvXit - you came late... i guess i was the new face to you.. was that your old plate that you put on rear dashboard?

montypython - i know your car. i was at the back of you...for the last bridge... i was talking to you and your wife..do you remember me?

lambomanpa - you and your wife were sitting beside me while having buffet?? your '96 has a newer headlight on the right... hee..

kelli - i said hi to you. do you remember me? you got your antenna fixed?

ravi - you and your bro look alike...hope you fix your 'stop lamp' soon...

also, nice to see all the other 3 west virginia SVXes, i remember your plates and colors... and any any other...i believe i can recognise your faces...but may not be sure for the names..

that's too long of my post.. that's a piece of good memory of last weekend's svx parade...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-10-2002, 07:32 AM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Re: a wonderful trip

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SSSVX
[ron - good to see you. you look younger than i thought. how could you drive so fast with the small doughnut.

Ken - You should know - Confucius say, "Man with small donuts have glazed look on face".

Ron (ogling in mirror) i

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 04-10-2002, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Never2phat

Kelli,

I had a great time hanging out with ya. To think I let you pick a splinter out of my hand after hearing how you stabbed your own hand with a knife As for us boys learnig to fight nicely.......I think we(esp. Mark) know who the real meanie is CHICKIE

B.C.

P.S. CHICKIE CHICKIE CHICKIE

IT WAS A SCAPULE BLADE! NOT A KNIFE. i was cutting an eyeball in half for a class.....jeez....

WHO is mean???? i won't even start about what you had to say....SO THERE!

You call me chickie one more time, i am going to find you and .....well, i am not going to say it hear too many witnesses..

Only kidding, had a great time with ya!

Kelli
Old 04-10-2002, 11:18 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

IT WAS A SCAPULE BLADE! NOT A KNIFE. i was cutting an eyeball in half for a class.....jeez....

At least it was for class and not just for the fun of it. Whew!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav

At least it was for class and not just for the fun of it. Whew!

And it was a sheep's eye ball....... it was pretty cool inside, but it stunk!
Old 04-10-2002, 11:26 AM

Re: a wonderful trip

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SSSVX
kelli - i said hi to you. do you remember me? you got your antenna fixed?

Doug and Lwin fixed my antenna right before everyone left for the tour. i met a lot of people, did i meet you on friday night or on sat morning???---sorry i am really bad with faces and names...

Kelli
Old 04-10-2002, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Kelli,

Hope you enjoyed the engagement party. Gary (MoreIBNR) had a good idea. He wants to have another West Point (NY) SVX Meet.
I agree. I think we should deck out our cars in red, white and blue and tour the Hudson Valley. Routes 9E & 9W are quite scenic in that area.

I think we could get the NY, NJ, PA, Conn, DE (me) & MD SVXers to come.

There was also some discussion of an Atlantic City SVX Meet. Maybe Aredubjay can bring his fuzzy dice?
sounds like a good idea to me...... just let me know...

NO FUZZY DICE

bad randy!bad!

Kelli
Old 04-10-2002, 07:27 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Smile Great Meet

Hi everyone,

I would like to say that I enjoyed seeing everyone. I have never met an SVX'er that I did not enjoy talking to. It is great to put faces with the names that I see here everyday. I hope everyone had a good time, even if we all got lost a few times on the drive.
See everyone in July.
Old 04-10-2002, 08:36 PM

Quote:
never2phat - it'll be better if you've a new headlight on the left...
Just as the body shop and my own insurance people said I should have just whacked the other mirror to have it replaced also. I would never do such a thing<cough cough driver side mirror cough cough center grill cough> I didn't want to end up having them total my SVX. Oh well maybe in the future someone will vandalize that headlight <fingers crossed>

Quote:
i remember your plate...
As for my plate.........I remember my old one. ATG 3957. I had it since I started driving *way* back in 1991. Geez, have I been driving for more than ten years? Doesn't feel like it. My new plate starts with EML but I still have no idea what the trailing four numbers are. I think there is a 5 or a 6 in it I'll remember it one of these days

Quote:
don't drive too fast...
Me speed? Never

gotta go and email a new friend that I hope is around for a long time(you know who you are)
B.C.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:27 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX

sounds like a good idea to me...... just let me know...

NO FUZZY DICE

bad randy!bad!

Kelli
Look, I explained the fuzzy dice. 1) Sentimental value: I won them at Autofest 2001. 2) My daughter likes them so I keep them there for her. Besides, they're easily removed. Not like some goshawful vinyl wart across my windshield, or anything like that.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-11-2002, 07:52 AM
Maria

Talking Plate cover....didn't age well!! :)

We stopped along the way at a Target to get a rear liscense plate cover like Maria's (blow through many tollbooths with that liscense cover on Maria?) and we were on our way back... except Lwin's car was dead.

OK, ok. The cover didn't age well, what can I say!! I DO HAVE EASY PASS!!!!! For 3 different states! Thank you very much!

Well, if you all take a look at this month's "Drive" magazine, they are Calling All Clubs. I quote:

"If your Subaru-based club would like to appear in "Club News,"drop us a line! We're always interested in showcasing clubs that offer a variety of events for Subaru enthusiasts."

Think they want us?

I'm gone for 10 days, everyone(I CAN'T WAIT!!)! You all take good care, and do NOT blow through any toll booths!!

Maria!
Old 04-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Certified Porschephile

Transmission Update:

After being without my baby for 5 days and having to endure the pain of a Saturn rental car, I found out what happened to her. It seems the forward clutch gears went. That was second hand from my wife after she talked to service so I appologize if the lingo isn't correct. Total cost: Approx $2,100. My cost: $100. For those keeping track the $1200 or so I spent on the warranty plus $300 for 4 service calls (Becker picked up the $100 for the one in which they had the car for 3 weeks) I have been spared $4358 in warranty repairs. Not too bad. Hope to get her back by Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks to everyone who wished us luck. And I'm thankful everyone didn't get to see her dragged up onto the flatbed!

Dan
Old 04-11-2002, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Look, I explained the fuzzy dice. 1) Sentimental value: I won them at Autofest 2001. 2) My daughter likes them so I keep them there for her. Besides, they're easily removed. Not like some goshawful vinyl wart across my windshield, or anything like that.
HEY RANDY!!!! the 1980's called they want their dice back!

Kelli
Old 04-11-2002, 11:09 AM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Methinks you're still a couple decades off, Kelli.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Beav
Methinks you're still a couple decades off, Kelli.
haha.. reminds me of a seinfeld epp.

Firestone Guy: "Hey george, the ocean called, they're running out of shrimp!"

George: "Oh yeah, well the jerk store called, and they're running out of you!!!"

Firestone Guy: "It doesnt matter, you're their all time best seller!"

George: "OH YEAH, WELL I HAD SEX WITH YOUR WIFE!"

Other Firestone Guy: "His wife is in a coma"

Oh man im laughing now.

-Mike

Last edited by Green1995SVX; 04-11-2002 at 03:29 PM.