IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Reading Meet

Old 04-23-2006, 04:38 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Back from Reading VII

Hi all,

We returned home after a spending a wonderful SVX weekend at Reading
VII. Rosie and I had a great time. We met many old friends and made many new ones. We want to thank all the organizers and all the the people who made this just a great weekend.

I'd also like to personally offer my thanks to Ben (benebob) for allowing me to drive the SVX race car.
'07 Gray Diamond Pearl Outback XT Ltd..."AH SO"
'05 White Pearl & Silver BAJA Turbo..."AH HA"
'97 Bordeaux Pearl SVX LSi..."SUBYDOO"
'94 White Pearl SVX LSi..."PEARLY"
'92 White Pearl SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."SVXY"
'92 Teal SVX LSL w/touring pkg..."ALCYONE"
'96 Polo Green LSi ... "MIDORI"
'00 Black Dodge VIPER RT-10... "VINNIE"

Engineers do it with precision.
English teachers are novel lovers.

Home: larrysingeriii@comcast.net

SVX FEVER, CATCH IT AT A MEET NEAR YOU !!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:45 PM
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
My First Reading

Sitting in Newark Airport waiting for my flight, thinking about this weekend. Really enjoyed putting faces to the handles. Also, really enjoyed seeing everyone's handiwork. Saw some of the cleanest engine bays ever. Was also fortunate to drive Subafreak's 6MT, Svxfiles supecharged machine, AvPPoW's 5MT, and Benebob's racer. Gave a few rides to people myself and had AvPPoW drive and critique my machine. Diverse group of machines, diverse group of people, much to learn, much to enjoy. Thanks to the organizers for putting this meet on. Dinner at the Cafe 110 Saturday night was great, thanks to Hocrest and his sister for arranging to have the restaurant open Saturday night. Finally, thanks to WaWazat??, Ron M, Myxalplyx, Aredubjay, Svxride, and Harry for some great conversation.

94 LS-i Emerald Pearl, 106,xxx,; 246 whp; Tomyx snorkus and HKS Cold air intake; PWR aluminum radiator, silicone hoses; Inline thermostat; enhanced coolant routing; external power steering and oil coolers; Phenolic intake manifold spacers; 2004 WRX 5 speed transmission; ACT Clutch Kit, Heavy Duty Pressure Plate, Lightweight flywheel, performance disc; Group N motor mounts; ‘07 WRX 4-pot front calipers, cryo-treated slotted Tribeca rotors; Hawk HPS ferro-carbon pads; Frozenrotor rear slotted rotors; SS brake lines, Axxis Ultimate pads; Rota Torque 17x8 wheels; 245/40-17 Bridgestone RE01-R's; Koni inserts with Ground Control coilovers, Eibach springs; K-Mac camber/caster adjustable strut mounts; Urethane swaybar bushings; Bontrager rear sway bar; Urethane differential bushing; Custom Whiteline adjustable rear lateral links; Outlaw Engineering forged underdrive pulley; custom grind Web intake and exhaust cams (11 mm lift, 250° duration); solid lifters; CP custom aluminum forged 11 to 1 pistons, Brian Crower coated SS intake & exhaust valves; Brian Crower upgraded springs w/ titanium retainers; NGK sparkplugs; RallyBob (Bob Legere) ported and polished cylinder heads; Eagle H-beam rods; ACL Bearings; Cometic Head gaskets; ARP head studs & fasteners; Hydra Nemesis EMS; Wideband O2 sensor; 740cc Injectors; Walbro 255lph fuel pump; Upgraded WRX starter; Equal length SS headers (3 into 1); dual Magnaflow cat converters; 2 into 1 into 2 SS exhaust with Bullet muffler; OT Fiberglass hood; Oil pressure gauge; Programmable shift light,

2017 Subaru Forester XT, metallic dark gray, 29,xxx

2005 Porsche 911 Turbo S Cabrio, 24,xxx

2006 Subaru Outback LL Bean, 166,xxx sold

92 LSL Dark Teal, Smallcar Shift Kit - sold
Old 04-23-2006, 06:42 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Yeah, was glad to have met you and everyone else there. I wanted to come out earlier today but decided to stay home. I have already had enough adrenaline from the rides there. I can not believe the feeling of acceleration from the SVX racer and Mikes supercharged car. I'm talking acceleration from a roll. Addictive? Yes! I had to play online games today to take my mind off of getting a supercharger. How much boost was that? I'm getting depressed thinking about it.

Shotgun, your car makes me really appreciate handling and what it is capable of, along with the SVX racer. I really didn't think these cars could handle. I was wrong. VERY wrong!

I had fun but the weather was rotten. I'll be attending future meets. Nice meeting you all.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)
Old 04-23-2006, 07:21 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
I feel so left out but I didnt stumble on the thread in time Does anyone have pics? I can only imagine what 100 svx's look like at one time

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 04-23-2006, 07:47 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Back home after 9.5 hours

Rain, sun, more rain and three states in that time. Got 24.5MPG and 26MPG out of the car in some rather spirited velocities Had a good time at this my fourth Reading (though first with an SVX ) and hope to dry out by Wednesday.

Dan (shotgunslade) -Thank you and I really enjoyed our talks as well. Dinner conversation with you and Bill (SVXRide) on Saturday was great! I should have taken a ride in your car as I've got a set of Koni/GC's sitting on a shelf in the garage. However after 9.5 hours on Friday and then again today, I was pretty set on riding in SVXen.

Ben and Dave, thanks for letting me drive the race car. Loud, wet, and faster while driving than it looked from the parking lot

Good seeing everyone and especially nice seeing nubs, Green, Ron, Harry, Ben, Dave, Kelli, Michelle, Surfer Brad, John, Larry, Tom, Jesse, etc, etc, etc. Very nice meeting some new folks this year as well (Cappy, Budfreak, Uncamitzi, Matthewmongan and April, Dan (shotgun), Kevin (Myxplyx), Jerry)!

Todd
Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I seriously second Larry's thoughts about Cafe 100 -- good food, good conversation, and it was warm and dry

Couple of pics from dinner:

-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 04-24-2006, 08:07 AM
Soobologist

Send a message via AIM to subeman90
Registered SVX
cool dinner pics....I always wondered what the back of my head looked like.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:11 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulaid
I feel so left out but I didnt stumble on the thread in time Does anyone have pics? I can only imagine what 100 svx's look like at one time
Actually, there were only 34 there at the same time. Some of the locals stopped in Saturday afternoon but left before the latecomers arrived. I think the total count was 36.

Still impressive.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 04-24-2006, 05:19 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryIII
I'd also like to personally offer my thanks to Ben (benebob) for allowing me to drive the SVX race car.
Now that 1/2 of the Reading attendee's got to drive it we're just waiting for official word on who's name is gonna take over the rear bumper. WE NEED MORE TIRES after and this is a quote from the Susq SCCA autox registrar about yesterdays two issues. Too bad Harry had hit home by that time it would've made a wonderful video to show SVXrides wife .

"Not many problems yesterday except for the rain messing up the timers.
And one 4th heat SVX driver almost eating wall. The lot was an
interesting configuration though. Very skinny but long. Pretty smooth,
but I believe next time we should sweep the course of debris. Alot of
stuff was being kicked up in the 3rd and 4th heats."

I guess Bill wasn't happy with my alignment skills or lack there of or maybe it was just the chasing of my elusive time that I ran in the rain that he was trying to come within a couple ticks of. Man I wish I could've ran in that 4th heat!
Old 04-24-2006, 07:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myxalplyx
Yeah, was glad to have met you and everyone else there. I wanted to come out earlier today but decided to stay home. I have already had enough adrenaline from the rides there. I can not believe the feeling of acceleration from the SVX racer and Mikes supercharged car. I'm talking acceleration from a roll. Addictive? Yes! I had to play online games today to take my mind off of getting a supercharger. How much boost was that? I'm getting depressed thinking about it.

I was runnig 7lbs at WOT, however the timing maps were not set right. I'm told the maps that will be getting sent to me soon make the ride you got feel like were in one of those little power wheel cars. LAN currently is running 12lbs with the new maps, and his Automatic spins all 4 wheel all the way through first gear. I will be stepping up the boost to 9lbs and installing the new chips this weekend.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:56 PM

i miss you guys already! we should have half year meets.... i'll have to have a super "mini" meet when i move in and get settled. i was a little loopy during most of the conversations but i remember them all....especially with mike...quagmire (giggitygiggity)

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHISVX
i miss you guys already! we should have half year meets.... i'll have to have a super "mini" meet when i move in and get settled. i was a little loopy during most of the conversations but i remember them all....especially with mike...quagmire (giggitygiggity)

Kelli

Who, what, huh?????
Old 04-24-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikecg
Who, what, huh?????

i guess you missed that conversation...

you rock!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Glad to hear you all made it home well Larry and thanks for the stickers you and John gave us. It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone else too. Thanks for the deal on the wheels Mike. And thanks for the drive in the racer Benebob. That was FUN! Thanks for the tour through the country driving the 5 speed avppow. Thanks for the race Tomsvx. Are you sure you didn't have your floor mat balled up under your pedal??? But anyways, It was a blast and I'm glad I got to meet you all. I look forward to next year.

P.S. My wife was just admitted in the hospital with a clot in her leg. Reading took alot out of her.
But she wanted me to tell you all she had a blast and it was great to meet you all.

Last edited by Budfreak; 04-24-2006 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Now with more color

Send a message via Yahoo to subi-crosser
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
Glad to hear you all made it home well Larry and thanks for the stickers you and John gave us. It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone else too. Thanks for the deal on the wheels Mike. And thanks for the drive in the racer Benebob. That was FUN! Thanks for the tour through the country driving the 5 speed avppow. Thanks for the race Tomsvx. Are you sure you didn't have your floor mat balled up under your pedal??? But anyways, It was a blast and I'm glad I got to meet you all. I look forward to next year.

P.S. My wife was just admitted in the hospital with a clot in her leg. Reading took alot out of her.
But she wanted me to tell you all she had a blast and it was great to meet you all.
Just sent a PM on that subject!

Jerry

"Can't go to work today. The 'voices' said to "Stay home and clean the guns".

Most famous Red-Neck last words...
" Hey Everybody, Watch This!!)

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn272/subi-crosser/
Jerry

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: