Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 09:08 PM
<<<Alcyone

Come on guys (and girls), it's not good to hold back and bottle up that emotion. We're all friends here, tell us what you really think!

I also thought Pyramid when I went to the website. I didn't mention it in my 'rebuttal' post because I really was trying to give James some positive feedback.

I personally wouldn't put a 'powder' into the gas tank of a vehicle with fuel injectors. I might try it with a carburetor.

I think our friend Mr. Scott may have found a big rock to hide under . . .

Dan
Old 02-03-2006, 09:31 PM
The Molinator

IS IT SAFE TO COME OUT..NOW..? :eek:

WELL...AT LEAST WE'RE ALL IN AGREEMENT HERE!...HA! Your responses have varied from "KILL THE S.O.B." ...to "Heh!...How much is it? I'd like to try it!"...so it's hard to respond to ALL comments! BUT, I would like to hit the hot topics briefly..so I don't ignore anyone's comments ..or feelings:
[This will be fairly long ..to BE fair...but remember, you started this..with many intense..and varied responses!]
1) My main purpose in putting this info here was (and still is) to get the product evaluated...specifically, here by my site "buddies" as we all love (we're supposed to just LIKE) our SVX's! I did feel a little uncomfortable putting "my" site up, but it's my understanding YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH SOMEONE'S personal distributorship to get the product...PERIOD! SO, I apologize (I think I have already) for not clarifying somehow about that point. For what it's worth, I didn't get into that distributorship end of this opportunity specifically because I DIDN"T PUT THE THREAD THERE TO GET BUSINESS PARTNERS! I just told you why I mainly constructed the thread. I have now been involved for 5 days! I don't know personally alot, other than my friend's experience. It's absurd to say I hyped the product because what I shared as to my beliefs was stated as based on their product info and customer testimonies! As to "self-promoting", I could write a page or two. Simply, we are all self-promoting! I have bought literally hundreds of dollars of products from this site from a limited group of "self-promoting" individuals! I like some products better than others, but I chose the gamble and I live with the results that I get! I mainly wanted and still want your opinions about this product...PREFERABLY AFTER YOU TRY IT! [I didn't know if some of you had tried it already!!!]
2) Network Marketing is a great business opportunity! Those who don't know about it...or who have failed at it..tend to be very negative. I made $200,000 in Amway on one of their "side" businesses (long-distance payphone service)! I have also "failed" with two or three others! This (BP), I believe is an incredible opportunity for someone who has the guts (maybe a little strong..ha) to go beyond one of our "9 to 5" jobs...to try to make a better future for his or her family! I'm a dentist. Some of you already know that. Well, some dentists are good ...and some aren't so good! The same is true of Network Marketing. Dentistry is not bad, nor is Network Marketing! One of you mentioned how you could participate with this product..as a business: Please PM me..I'd be glad to introduce you to people who can help you! I DID NOT...AND DO NOT WANT TO TURN THIS SITE INTO A BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER!!! I hope you all understand where I'm coming from now. [I have no problem profitting from sharing this type of info with anyone...AND I'M GLAD THE GUY WHO TOLD ME ABOUT THIS AND IS HELPING ME..PROFITS A LITTLE.]
3) I hope I didn't sound like I was slamming ECUTune! I simply didn't feel the increase in performance...? I don't regret the install. As I said, I'm a big boy...I can live with MY results..after I decide, based ON OTHERS' info! I did, however, feel an increase in acceleration from the "gas pills" that I specifically said was SUBJECTIVE!
4) I know if this works...It will be a tremendous product for us SVX Lovers...AND an incredible business opportunity through distributorships!
5) To those whose opinions differ...I give you the right to disagree!
6) I'm very glad the responses to my thread finally got around to positive objective inquiries! I'm not sure how many "pills" I can send for free? [I'm not one of the rich dentists...ha!] I would be willing to send a 40 tab bottle which cost about $40 to one of you...preferably where a couple or a few of you live in the same vicinity...??? Certainly, I lean heavily to the first member who responded positively... Earthworm! Let me know. Talk amongst yourselves (Remmember Mike Myers on SNL!?)....HA!
7) I can explain in detail the difference between Pyramid scheme and Network Marketing..please SM or email me.
8) I'll be figuring my first gas mileage figure tonight or tomorrow...I'll let you all know! The BP people do say that it may take 3 or 4 tankfuls before getting a gas mileage increase, so I guess I have to be patient to give it a thorough personal test. [My friends only got 10% increase with the first tankful...BUT 39% with the third!]
9) I WANT TO BE HONEST WITH THIS POINT! THE PILLS STINK! [like mothballs] Hence, the difficulty in sticking a few in baggies and sending to several of you! I put 4 to 10 in a small plastic jar..works great! I charge friends $1 per pill. Don't be offended but generally people who won't spend a very reasonable amount to try something...won't be reaonable...[Just my belief].... I never got any free samples of the things I eventually bought online here!
10) THANKS guys..to you all! I appreciate the whole spectrum of responses!
11) In the words of a famous phlosopher...."Can'twe all just get along..."...HA! :
12) PEACE!

2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 02-03-2006, 10:05 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
I'm not going to spend $19.95 on something that saves $5 in gas.
Old 02-03-2006, 11:40 PM
blah blah, blah.

I can't read what he types, it reminds me of the TV too much. no offense
Mods (in order of install)- K&N air filter, ECUtune stage 1v.4, Alternator mod, removed intake resonator, B&M Supercooler, Window Tint, JDM Emblem, Hid Kit 5000K.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:16 AM
The Molinator

WELL....My gamble paid off...SO FAR!

Well Guys...I have to admit..that I wasn't expecting any increase in gas mileage on this first tank of gas..the way the fuel gauge was indicating!

I'm glad to say.. my first tankful of gas with 4 tabs (Booster level) showed an increase from my baseline gas mileage of 18.27 mpg to 20.27!....which is an

Increase of 11%

Although not profound...It is a substantial increase, because my baseline mpg is very consistently around the most recent 18.27 mpg I got here right before adding the BioPerformance Fuel pills. I have never gotten 20 mpg ever..in the last 3 years of watching my bi-weekly fill-up gas mileage!

[I have a high-pressure fuel pressure regulator, Outlaw Engineering phenolic intake spacers, a K&N Air Filter, a Magnaflow exhaust system, and an ECUTune Phase 1 v4 computer chip (I haven't hooked up the 87 octane switch yet, but probably will later...to see how the BP pills work with that conformation!). All these were recommended and most purchased through this site!]

BTW...I don't know where you get $19.95.....or the $5 figures...???

The initial two tankfuls of gas with BioPerformance are recommended to be twice the regular dose (for the tank size and fuel type you have). For example, I (we) have about a seventeen gallon tank size. They recommend for a 1 to 15 gallon tank ..the regular dosage of BioPerformance Fuel pills to be 2 per tankful of gas. For the first two tanks, however, they recommend 4 pills. Hence, the 4 pills I put in the tank Monday night...and the 4 pills when I filled up tonight. From now on...I will use 2 BP pills for each major gas tank fill-up. [I know I'm using a little less than they recommend.] The retail for each pill is about $1.

For those of you who wish to try this product, you're welcome to use "my" BP website (BTW...the "personal" website is FREE with your distributorship!)...OR any other one you wish. I will help anyone who asks me for help...with the product..or the business opportunity! Some of you have already asked about the business...The best intro is through their conference calls with the founders of the BioPerformance company...basically every 10 am and 7 pm PST @ 1-865-362-4150 (ext 2620#). This business is growing so fast that if you don't call a couple minutes early...the conference call will completely fill-up..and you won't get on! [I hope you can tolerate a southern accent! These guys sound a little hokey...but listen carefully to what they say! Remember it's long-distance, so use your cellphones that have free national calling!]

For obvious reasons...It would be best to limit distributorship discussions to PM and email (and phone) as much as possible. Please contact me for info, direction, and business help at:

jaimediegoscott@sbcglobal.net

http://www.cheapgas4u2.mybpbiz.com

One of the speakers said something that really caught my attention. He said, "BioPerformance is growing so fast that if you wait to join the business, instead of people asking you for the BioPerformance Fuel product...YOU will have to be asking THEM to buy it!" If it's as good as it looks so far...that statement may not be an exaggeration!

THANKS!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!

Last edited by James Scott; 02-04-2006 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-04-2006, 05:26 AM
SoCal SVXer

Send a message via ICQ to phoenix96 Send a message via AIM to phoenix96 Send a message via Yahoo to phoenix96
Looks like another successful Amway brainwashing.
Old 02-04-2006, 09:05 AM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
The fuel systems on most 10+ year old cars are filthy. I do not dispute that cleaning them will increase effiency and gas mileage, but they will only return it to a new performance at best. Cleaning them is best done with the fuel system isolated and cleaned in sections. In-tank additives try to soften the gunk and blow it through the 10 micron nozzel of the fuel injector. It is best to soften and remove the gunk before it reaches the injectors and regulator or future problems wil occur. A reduction in flow at the fuel injector is overcome by the ECU increasing the injector's open time. While this will be unnoticed by the driver, it will greatly shorten the life of the coil and bobbin of the injectors.

As for the distribution method, I will avoid any company that uses this method. For every person that suceeds, it requires that many others fail. I would prefer to do business with a company that doesn't use distribution as a form of revenue.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 02-04-2006, 03:30 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Pill poping.

Quote>. Then, the proprietary formula breaks down the large moleculecular weight hydrocarbons into more easily ignited smaller weight hydrocarbons. Evidently, this results in a lower "flash point", yielding a faster..more complete combustion. This is said to result in not only better performance (HP, etc.)...BUT also better emissions! <Quote

A lowering of the fuel flash point, would lead to earlier detonation.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:23 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Need some Impartial Input

Jim. I think it's safe to say that you need to provide some impartial input before you can get someone to bite.

If you believe in the product that much, then arrange to have more than one vehicle put on a Dyno. This should be done before, and after using to really make your point.

Have that (reputable) business report on what they have found, and if it matches what you believe, then you will have no trouble selling it here, or in any other forum.

Be prepared however, to have the Oil companies, and the Governments of several coutries breathing down your back to try and shut you down. After all, if you can make these kind of claims come true, then those are the ones that will feel it the most.

Forward thinking is a great thing. But, if you can't prove what you say, then your sinking.

Sorry to say -- This reminds me of Herb {the salesman} on WKRP in Cinncinnati.

Anyone else here remember the old trick of Moth Balls in a fuel tank to make it run like it's on Jet Fuel, right before it would seize up forever???
Old 02-06-2006, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet
I'm not going to spend $19.95 on something that saves $5 in gas.
Here's some news for everyone:

There is NOTHING ON EARTH one can dump into his or her gas tank to magically improve fuel economy. Nothing. Period. It's astonishing that people keep falling for such claims. Fact is, these sort of products and schemes capitalize on ignorance.

Remember the words of P.T. Barnum.

dcb
Old 02-06-2006, 06:59 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Good point.

Kill the Wabbit.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:29 AM
The Deviant

Quote:
The product, called BioPerformance Fuel, is said to work by first cleansing your tank and fuel system (as many fuel additives we are all familiar with..are supposed to do) through enzymatic action. Then, the proprietary formula breaks down the large moleculecular weight hydrocarbons into more easily ignited smaller weight hydrocarbons. Evidently, this results in a lower "flash point", yielding a faster..more complete combustion. This is said to result in not only better performance (HP, etc.)...BUT also better emissions!
I can not speak as to the cleaning potential of the 'pills'. As others have said, cleaning a 10yr old fuel system *is* a potential benefit.

But, as to the chemical/physical properties...so you are telling me this is going to change the chemical compounds in gasoline from "large[r] moleculecular[sp] weight hydrocarbons into...smaller weight hydrocarbons". Ok, so if this IS the case, assuming this "worked", where do the by-products go? Something will be generated as a result. A rough guess would be a huge amount of hydrogen gas, and some carbon-based solids. I guess there is some magic involved, since the pills somehow target the "larger" weight hydrocarbons; we wouldn't want them breaking down the smaller ones into gasseous HCs (ethane, methane, propane, butane) - that could prove....uh...interesting... Refineries expend huge resources to do the same thing (selectively changing HCs)... I guess they don't know about the 'pills'.

Gasoline *should* have a low flash point (we want to drive our cars in the winter, right?). Knock is caused due to autoignition - you want a high autoignition point (Diesel, however is the inverse). Now, gas should have a low flash point, but it already *does*. It is 233K (PS: That is -40C - yes *MINUS* 40 C). Flash point is nothing more than the temperature at which a flammable liquid vaporizes and can ignite. That's it. Nothing more. It *is* nice to know the 'pills' will allow us to drive in Antarctica, (assuming the 'pills' lower the FP to below -40C). Flash point will have nothing to do with more complete combustion - that will depend upon the head design, ignition system...you get the point.

As for HP increases... as Dr. Evil once (could have) said: "SHOW ME THE DYNO REPORT, MR. PRESIDENT.". We all know the extreme placebo effect things seem to have on the "seat of the pants" dyno.

Oh, and one more thing that got me.

Quote:
personal friends of mine improved their gas mileage 10% on the first tankful, 14% on the second tankful, and..39% ON THE THIRD!
I know my Outback gets something like 26 MPG when my wife drives it, however, when I drive it, I only get about ~20MPG (The SVX is on ice, so I can't use those numbers ). My Saab 900 Turbo gets 25 when she drives it, and about 18 when I do. I guess she is adding the pills behind my back... There is *NO* other reason that could be happening . I'm getting a 30% increase in fuel efficiency on the outback and a whopping 39% increase on the Saab!!!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:46 AM
The Deviant

Quote:
BTW...I don't know where you get $19.95.....or the $5 figures...???
Ok, how about "I'm not going to spend $4 to save $5?" Is that better? (Oh... how much is SHIPPING again?)

If gas is $2.50, and you fill up 8 gallons, that would be $20. Assuming a 25% increase in fuel economy (hey, its about an average, YOU said anywhere from 11% to 39% increase), that would mean you would only have to fill 6 gallons instead of 8, right ? (25% of 8 = 6) (6*2.50 = 15) (20 - 15=$5). There is the $5. As for $19.95, no one has said how much it would be with S&H and minimum purchase, etc. Why not $19.95?

Oh, and you said:
Quote:
THE PILLS STINK! [like mothballs]
Mothballs are usually made from paradichlorobenzene or napthalene, NEITHER of which can do the magic HC conversions debunked in my previous post. If it smells LIKE mothballs, it most definitely contains one of the aforementioned components - USELESS TO MILEAGE IN EVERY WAY.

Last edited by The Deviant; 02-06-2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:56 AM
Hitchhikin'

I heard mothballs actually improved octane ratings (nothing said about mileage or performance) before they were reformulated. Anybody have info on this?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:11 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
Butterfly Balls

I dropped a couple butterfly balls in my gastank and at about 60-65 mph caterpillars started coming out of my tailpipe! This gave me an increase of 0% MPG.I highly reccomend this product to anyone who wants to give me money for nothing.

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Closed Thread