Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-08-2005, 10:19 AM

Here are the pics. They are taken from the drivers side towards the firewall, looking to the left side and down alittle. The first one is a close up, and really dark. The second is much better, and so is the third. To give you a better indication of the location, the fourth picture is taken with the top of the brake fluid reservoir in the bottom right of the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_0272.JPG (761.7 KB, 144 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0273.JPG (707.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0274.JPG (707.5 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg 100_0275.JPG (705.3 KB, 141 views)
Old 11-08-2005, 11:25 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwd1985
Here are the pics. They are taken from the drivers side towards the firewall, looking to the left side and down alittle. The first one is a close up, and really dark. The second is much better, and so is the third. To give you a better indication of the location, the fourth picture is taken with the top of the brake fluid reservoir in the bottom right of the pic.
Great pics! Thanks a million. I'll probably order the sesnor in December and do it over the holidays along with some other maintenance...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 11-08-2005, 11:47 AM
<<<Alcyone

My temp gauge slowly (three-five miles) moves up to horizontal and then stays there. No movement.

It doesn't matter if I'm sitting in traffic on a 90+ degree day with the A/C on or 'coasting' down hill 5500' to 3500'. No, it didn't move on the uphill drive either.

I can hear the fans turning on and off (I'm not sure if I've heard them change speeds).

I know this is a well designed engine but I find it hard to believe that it could be so thermodynamically consistant once it warms up.

Is this 'normal' or is it supposed to flucuate more like most other vehicles?

Thanks,

Pentiums - Melt in your PC, not in your hand!

Project - '92 Claret - Purchased May '06, 99,XXX Miles. Includes two bad engines and one bad tranny, cracked windshield, otherwise mostly complete.

His - '92 Ebony Pearl - Purchased Dec '05, 134,687 Miles. Parked, TC Seal(?) is leaking.Daily driver - 140,500 and climbing.
Hers - '92 Teal - Purchased Aug '05, 129,050 Miles. Daily driver - 160,000 and climbing.
Mods:
PWR Radiator!
Problems:
Antenna doesn't work - Bought a 'new' one - Too cold to install . . . OK, it's warmer but I have other projects too!
Ticking from front of engine, passenger side - Stuck lifter?
Old 11-08-2005, 12:05 PM

Mine does the exact same thing, but my temp gauge is new, and I think that is just where your temperature should be at. I would be worried if it started to go any higher, because that would be signs of poor cooling, and eventual overheating.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

temp gauge

Hi Dan, My experience is that the gauge goes to about halfway and stays there if everything is working right. Take care, BOBB
Old 11-08-2005, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by intelisevil
My temp gauge slowly (three-five miles) moves up to horizontal and then stays there. No movement.

It doesn't matter if I'm sitting in traffic on a 90+ degree day with the A/C on or 'coasting' down hill 5500' to 3500'. No, it didn't move on the uphill drive either.

I can hear the fans turning on and off (I'm not sure if I've heard them change speeds).

I know this is a well designed engine but I find it hard to believe that it could be so thermodynamically consistant once it warms up.

Is this 'normal' or is it supposed to flucuate more like most other vehicles?

Thanks,
It's normal. My gauge needle never quite makes it to halfway (and I'd like to keep it that way).

dcb
Old 11-08-2005, 08:51 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
mine too. it goes to halfway up and never moves up or down no matter what. sounds like it's working perfect to me.