Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-01-2005, 03:48 PM

World Trade Center Petition

I think this petition is very important. It proposes that we rebuild the WTC. It seems to be gaining ground. Donald Trump was just on Imus (MSNBC) promoting this about two weeks ago. It seems the Freedon Tower is not very popular. Send it to everyone you can!
http://www.petitiononline.com/wtc911/petition.html

1995 SVX L(mods: slotted/bored raceconcepts rotors,full stebro cat-back exhaust,green cone air-filter,rust )
116,000 mi
My Locker
Old 06-01-2005, 04:06 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Adding one more floor would be funny and all but... no. The design of those buildings was flawed. Plus, NY could use a change.

Let Libeskind build his Freedom Tower, he did win an international competition after all.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 06-01-2005, 04:20 PM

No, the construction of those buildings was flawed, not the design. Rebuilding the twin towers would be the greatest tribute imho. Building that freedom tower would be like saying "ok terrorists, you did it, you altered the landscape of our largest and greatest city forever, you prevailed". Why not build the twin towers again, but make it stronger and safer than any building ever built.

1995 SVX L(mods: slotted/bored raceconcepts rotors,full stebro cat-back exhaust,green cone air-filter,rust )
116,000 mi
My Locker
Old 06-01-2005, 04:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fait_svx
No, the construction of those buildings was flawed, not the design. Rebuilding the twin towers would be the greatest tribute imho. Building that freedom tower would be like saying "ok terrorists, you did it, you altered the landscape of our largest and greatest city forever, you prevailed". Why not build the twin towers again, but make it stronger and safer than any building ever built.
I don't agree. We can't help but admit that what happened altered that city forever. It happened and the city was changed. Everybody knows it happened and the city was changed, so what are you trying to hide? What you're suggesting, and what the petition suggests, is that we should make it the same so nothing looks like it's changed, but still alter it in a specific way to pay tribute.

But that alteration would still be a change, wouldn't it? Isn't that still the same admission you think you're trying to prevent?

Okay, so let's say that the city gives in to your wacko demand and says, 'okay, what do you want?' The answer, according to that petition, is to rebuild the towers, but better. Won't that make them completely different structures, 'admitting defeat' or whatever?

I don't have a problem with the 'Freedom Towers' or whatever else the city decides should go on that site. The conclusion easily seemed to be, right away, that something greater and bigger than what was there before should be build, and I don't see how that will admit defeat or whatever. That's horse puckey.

You know what else is horse puckey? Petitiononline.com. I'd like to see the stats on how many of the petitions on that site really changed anything.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Unstoppable

Nah, the exterior design wouldnt change, but more stairwells would be added, and the building wouldn't be wholly dependant on a core support like the original WTC towers were, which is what led to the collapse when the core support was breached. With today's technology they can make the building able to withstand much more than the originals did.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 06-01-2005, 11:13 PM
Hater

i think they should build a structure composed of 5 towers, with one taller central tower, in the shape of a hand extending its middle finger. F U, terrorists!

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
i think they should build a structure composed of 5 towers, with one taller central tower, in the shape of a hand extending its middle finger. F U, terrorists!
i don't care how they build the towers, however, i would like to see a giant digital canvas of some sort that can be used to display the torture and execution of terrorists. when not used, it should read, 'do you feel lucky punk? do you?'
Old 06-02-2005, 06:54 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
i don't care how they build the towers, however, i would like to see a giant digital canvas of some sort that can be used to display the torture and execution of terrorists. when not used, it should read, 'do you feel lucky punk? do you?'
brilliant!

1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-02-2005, 07:17 AM

The only "flaw" in the design and construction of the WTC towers is thet they were not conceived to withstand the burning of large, fully-laden transport aircraft within the structure. (How many skyscrapers are?) They withstood the horrific impact; it was the resulting fire that brought them down.

As to the site, a simple, memorial garden should suffice. I think the notion of conducting commerce on ground where over three thousand people died is disgraceful.

dcb
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 AM
Certified Porschephile

The large Freedom Tower with smaller outlaying buildings was a great idea and deserved to win. You will NEVER get 100% approval on ANYTHING. So just build the design winner. And put a SAM site in N.Y. like they have in Moscow.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:15 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir
teh win! .
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-02-2005, 05:45 PM
no limitation as limitation

i just think the name is foolish. 'freedom' has become a word that bush throws in when the tele prompt go's on the fritz. in his inaugural he said freadom like 37 times.

lets overuse a word to the point where the meaning has no value. its just fan fair to dull the minds of the people and sway them away from the real issues.
it makes me want to stab people with a soldering iron..... i havent decided weather im going to turn it on first.

Last edited by Matthewmongan; 06-02-2005 at 05:49 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 06:46 PM
building more AK47's

WTC plans

http://www.whocutthecheez.com/Pix/Ch...ix/new_wtc.jpg
Here's what I think it should look like
Old 06-02-2005, 08:32 PM
no limitation as limitation

with the lyrics to toby kieth's "red white n blue" or what ever the hell it called. i have writen better songs while taking a pooh (im not joking i really have)
Old 06-03-2005, 05:00 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarrb
The only "flaw" in the design and construction of the WTC towers is thet they were not conceived to withstand the burning of large, fully-laden transport aircraft within the structure. (How many skyscrapers are?) They withstood the horrific impact; it was the resulting fire that brought them down.
How many modern skyscrapers have a structural core and load bearing walls? Most have a structural grid that would not collapse in a similar event.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: