SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Damn...reading Randy, Todd, and Doug's posts here make me look forward to the next Reading meet...you go guys!!
-Bill (thinking to himself that this thread will still be a topic of discussion next April )

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 10-23-2003, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXRide
Damn...reading Randy, Todd, and Doug's posts here make me look forward to the next Reading meet...you go guys!!
-Bill (thinking to himself that this thread will still be a topic of discussion next April )
anything that get's under skin is the topic of discussion at a reading meet...lol

hey Randy, how are the fuzzy dice???

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-23-2003, 01:04 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Holiday gift idea, anyone?

Book: a--hole no more
Old 10-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Re: Re: How do I say

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

yeah, i just looked it up after i posted that.

i say bring back Eddycat and we could have tag-team matches. Eddycat and Rob vs. Aredubjay and NikFu on Pay-Per-View!

"oh no, NikFu's team mechanic has just jumped into the ring with a chair!!!"
i never say this, but..
lmfao.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-23-2003, 02:37 PM

I'd like to request this thread be moved to O/T, or locked. Thank You.

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 10-23-2003, 03:32 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Exclamation Re: Re: Re: This is rediculous

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

And I beg YOUR pardon Aredub, but if you recall the first post I EVER made on these forums I was attacked. I wasn't being a jerk, I came here saying how much I like SVXs, and was thinking about getting one, what my current situation was, and I was ATTACKED. So yeah, if anyone is interested, PLEASE DO search for my oldest posts, and see how hypocritical a lot of people are here. Yeah, they were so ready to ban me because I defended myself and provided retors, but they don't question WHY I was defending myself, or WHY retorts were needed.

- Rob

Rob, dearest - From your post of 8-16-02 I quote the following - "Greetings Asshole", ended with, "So go sit on a fork, Prick".
Not real endearing to this PG site if you ask me. Now this was precipitated by a few snide comments by a certain female member who took offence at your prior, "handle the girls" comment. Also, a tad uncalled for from a relatively new member. Nonetheless, despite your tendencies to describe folks who were perhaps less than informed than you as "Morons" & "Children of Satan" (OK, I made that up); your enthusiasm for the SVX product & general automotive knowledge, even Neons which I don't especially hate, made me NOT vote to totally ban you.
So - Rob. Now you're a married guy with certain responsibilities beyond the hot-headedness of teenage angst. Take a break. Calm down. Like Lwin says - life's too short. You'll find that out sooner than you think.

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-23-2003, 04:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: This is rediculous

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Mummert
[B]

Rob, dearest - From your post of 8-16-02 I quote the following - "Greetings Asshole", ended with, "So go sit on a fork, Prick".
Not real endearing to this PG site if you ask me. Now this was precipitated by a few snide comments by a certain female member who took offence at your prior

hey Ron, i just have a question about that, what if it was your daughter he was talking about "handling" in the back seat of his charger? i don't think you would think my comment back to that was totally snide.

Rob has a warp sense of humor sometimes, and honestly, i have laughed at some of his comments, but others are really nasty and rude. but then again, he is not the only one that makes comments that are nasty and rude.
it just pissed me off that some jerk ass blingbling home boy came here and started off with his first post saying how he could handle women in the back seat of his charger...no offense rob, and i am not trying to get into an arguement AT ALL with you.
but ca$h, for a nick, talking about handling girls in the back seat of his charger? comeon, that sounds like ghettogirl talking about her girlfriends and her homeboys listening to DMX while cruising down main st hollaing at all the giggys. now that i know that you aren't a total and utter fathead, times have changed, and yes, i have gained a respect for you, at certains times and under certain ideas. but be honest if you are going to reply to this. how would you feel if someone talked about "handling" your wife in the back seat of his car...whether it is true or not...not saying your wife is like that or anything...at all. i don't think you would like that either.
i hope i made sense...it has been a real long day

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-23-2003, 08:23 PM

I dont get why whenever there's a flame war going on around here, everyone always points at Rob. I mean sure he screwed up before, but all he is doing now is stating that this character is in fact an ass clown for stating false claims. He also brought someone to this board who just looks down upon SVX's. Idk about anyone else but I'm here for the car and the people, not BS and people who don't own the car who think they are gods and just talk down on people and their cars. If I'm not mistaken the logo at the top of each page says "SVX" , so why let someone degrade the very reason we are all here?

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 10-23-2003, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by petesvx2
I dont get why whenever there's a flame war going on around here, everyone always points at Rob. ...snip...
you don't think it could be because "like a moth to flame" Rob leaps in sparring (even if he didn't start it) do you?
Old 10-23-2003, 08:54 PM
155mphguy

It's obvious you are reffering to me. Calling us ass clowns , No morals.You are stepping into something that has nothing to do with you. As for "He also brought someone to this board who just looks down upon SVX's" I happen to love the SVX and I was going to buy one , if they weren't over charging it ( I mean come one , 12K for something that had 98K miles on it and dirteh as hell? drove up from texas , I don't think so. ) I work on the Svx , I enjoy riding and driving the SVX , When you mash on the gas the way the wheels rip the steering wheel to one side under the torque of the stronger cv. The SVX is a beautiful machine , Only thing I said to 'degrade' it is it can not be a dragster. That's not really 'degrading' either. It's just pointing out it's flaw , The length and weight factor. Not a big issue , 230 HP stock carries that beast around just fine though , gets you up to 148 just fine , Eats up gas but hey , It's pulling a lot of weight. Since I don't know you , or appreciate your nose being stuck in where it doesn't belong , It's just better if you keep comments like "Ass clown" to yourself. No one started beef with you. Drop it.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:21 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This is rediculous

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SHISVX
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Mummert
[B]

Not real endearing to this PG site if you ask me. Now this was precipitated by a few snide comments by a certain female member who took offence at your prior

hey Ron, i just have a question about that, what if it was your daughter he was talking about "handling" in the back seat of his charger? i don't think you would think my comment back to that was totally snide.

Re-read my comment, Kelli. I was directing the "handling" comment to Rob, as I agreed with you that he managed to offend womankind on "day two" of his presense here. I felt he deserved the comments you made, although he wasn't aware of the fact that you were of the fair sex at that time. I DO have a daughter, 30 years of age (my only kid), & I also took offense at a newbie's "Look at me, I'm hot", statement.
As you know, we generally get to know each other better before we hurl insults. Now that you & Rob "know" each other, I'll sit back & enjoy the action.

Ron (who needs Jerry Springer)?

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-24-2003, 02:00 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX

im just now realizing that im the "ass clown".
i just want to state that this phrase makes me laugh, yet it doesnt really have any basis or meaning.
and about my wheels ripping from side to side like that... is that normal?! i almost lost control one day cuz of that mess.
maybe i shouldnt armor all my steering wheel?

Old 10-24-2003, 03:58 AM
155mphguy

Wear some rubber palmed gloves if you insist on slickening your main source for vehicle control.
Old 10-24-2003, 04:01 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
why would i want it slicker? not with how it jerks around. its just leather and sees a lot of wear so i use the leather wipes. sometimes i wear my ridin' gloves. they help. i use the wipes on them too.

Old 10-24-2003, 09:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This is rediculous

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ron Mummert
[B][QUOTE]Originally posted by SHISVX
[B]
Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Re-read my comment, Kelli. I was directing the "handling" comment to Rob, as I agreed with you that he managed to offend womankind on "day two" of his presense here. I felt he deserved the comments you made, although he wasn't aware of the fact that you were of the fair sex at that time. I DO have a daughter, 30 years of age (my only kid), & I also took offense at a newbie's "Look at me, I'm hot", statement.
As you know, we generally get to know each other better before we hurl insults. Now that you & Rob "know" each other, I'll sit back & enjoy the action.

Ron (who needs Jerry Springer)?
thanks for clearing that up Ron...

NO talent ass clown...he he he....

hey Pete, go rent/buy Office Space...you will see that comment, and has anyone ever told you that you look like you got a bad case of the monday's?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
Closed Thread