Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2003, 11:37 AM
01kickerlaidsvx

Thumbs up got love technology!!

a camara is so important when u travel...that svx was nice it looks in great shape. all of the svx's I've seen OUTSIDE the U.S. have been in great shape..but not many have been modified..I've been successful in having them switch the oil from mobil1 to royal purple or REDLINE just cause they want the best and are willing to shell out the money to order it !...
Old 10-14-2003, 12:25 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I don't understand. You've traveled, I get that. You've seen SVXs outside of the US - I think I got that part, too.

You've talked to the owners of those SVXs and convinced them to change their car to Royal Purple or Redline oil? Is that what you're saying? Do you sell the stuff, or are you just in it for the thrill of conversation? Are you some sort of synthetic oil missionary?

I use Mobil 1 in my SVX. Why should I switch to something else?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 12:41 PM
01kickerlaidsvx

yes there is a thrill

but no I'm no synthetic oil missionary. after conversating with these guys and sometimes race a little with em they always ask " how" and my answer is (usually the oil,if they have similar mods) royal purple! the stuff just works..try it and get back 2 me...I don't sell the shhh but I wanted them 2 sponsor me at one point but I hate 2 kiss azz..mobil 1 doesnt compare 2 royal purple or REDLINE...I've been using them EXCLUSIVELY in all my vehicles sinve 1998...the difference is noticed more significantly by those who currently do not run synthetic at all but 4 those who do, the difference is noticable but the significance depends on the drivers intuition...mobil1 is commercial and anything commercial is never better than the aftermarket!
Old 10-14-2003, 12:58 PM

Registered SVX
What 'differences' do you notice, and have you measured those differences?

I can't say that I agree with you that anything 'commercial' is by default inferior to anything aftermarket. First of all, your argument is ridiculous. If it's being sold in the 'aftermarket,' (or any market) it's commercial.

As for 'the stuff just works,' well, my Mobil 1 'just works.' As a matter of fact, the 89c/qt 10W30 I get at Target for the Justy and Legacy 'just works.'

Sorry, I'm just not convinced by your argument and I still don't think I firmly grasp the point of your first post.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 12:59 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane

Man. I can't wait until the end of the world.

>sigh<

Hey buddy, I've seen quite a bit of info on oil, and so far, nothing stacks up to Mobil 1. Care to enlighten us why its better? Also, realize this: Mobil has GIGANTIC pockets. Who do you think can do more research & development?? Mobil or some tiny company?

- Rob
Old 10-14-2003, 01:02 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
..... and I still don't think I firmly grasp the point of your first post.
The point of his first post was that he somehow believes that using Royal Purple makes his car faster and better..... hrm... actually...

Hey DooD! I jUst InsTalt SuM PHAT neW spArK pLugs WirEz!!!! I'll SeLL em To yoU for $200 aAnd u WiLL FEEL THE DIFERENS!!! ItS noT CummeRshAl so it's AfteRMarkEt and woRks Good DUUDE!

>sigh<

- Rob
Old 10-14-2003, 01:06 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane

Man. I can't wait until the end of the world.

>sigh<

Hey buddy, I've seen quite a bit of info on oil, and so far, nothing stacks up to Mobil 1. Care to enlighten us why its better? Also, realize this: Mobil has GIGANTIC pockets. Who do you think can do more research & development?? Mobil or some tiny company?

- Rob
Well, what I think the smaller companies have going for them is an 'underdog' sort of feel to them. Sort of a vibe that makes you feel good for buying their products.

It's the same sort of 'little guy' vibe that drives people to buy Saturns - ironically from the largest car manufacturer in the world.

Anyway, back to the oils, I'd like 'kicker' to give me some quantifiable proof that Redline or Royal Purple is going to be better for my car (compared to Mobil 1) before I shell out the bucks for it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 01:08 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:

The point of his first post was that he somehow believes that using Royal Purple makes his car faster and better..... hrm... actually...

Hey DooD! I jUst InsTalt SuM PHAT neW spArK pLugs WirEz!!!! I'll SeLL em To yoU for $200 aAnd u WiLL FEEL THE DIFERENS!!! ItS noT CummeRshAl so it's AfteRMarkEt and woRks Good DUUDE!

>sigh<

- Rob
Rob, please don't crap on this thread. Kicker and I were having a civil discussion until you showed up. I don't mind you joining in, but please don't create a hostile environment that prevents me from getting the information I'm trying to get. That information could benefit others on the site, including you.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 01:13 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Sorry. I'm a little on edge due to personal stuff at the moment, but honestly, I can't STAND this type of crap.

I cannot STAND stupid people.... seriously.

Someone comes in here, just says "This is better" and provides no proof whatsoever, and what he's saying goes against everything I've read... its just... argh. It makes me want to get into the 'rice' business so I can get rich off from all these stupid freaking people who think a new oil is going to make their car significantly faster, or new spark plug wires will give them 20 more HP.

Seriously, I know you PMd me to quit attacking dumb people, because I value objectivist philosophies, but sometimes I feel like you just need to lay the freaking smack down and INFORM people when they're being morons.

- Rob

BTW: He isn't going to be providing us with any information that proves his case. And if there is some test out there that shows a gain of 5hp, its because the oil is thinner. Big deal. If I use 5w30 mobil 1 vs 10w30, I'll probably gain a few HP, but since the oil is thinner it'll also be more vulnderable.

PPS: From another thread, he posted this "..a 93' svx lsl anniv.model....all so I can install a kiler custom stereo system worthy of a page in IMPORT TUNER or CAR AUDIO magazine !" Uh, okay, stereos aren't exactly my thing, but I don't think I'm going to be taking mechanical or engine related advice from someone who wants 4 15" subs in the back of his SVX, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Chicane; 10-14-2003 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 01:17 PM
bthomas

what do you expect? Its Chicane. He turns hostile to everything. Do not get offended Chicane. Take it as constructive criticism.
-Bryan
Old 10-14-2003, 01:39 PM

Registered SVX
Okay, Rob, I'm going to address your post point by point. I figure that this thread is already blown. Kicker, if you have answers to my questions, please post them. I'd like to hear why you think these products are better. Maybe you're right and maybe I'm right - we'll never really know until we compare facts and experiences and examine them.

Quote:
Sorry. I'm a little on edge due to personal stuff at the moment, but honestly, I can't STAND this type of crap.
Then I ask that you try not to let your personal life cloud your judgement so that you feel free to treat other people so poorly. Everybody else doesn't know that you're having a bad day - they just see the insulting things you type.

Quote:
Someone comes in here, just says "This is better" and provides no proof whatsoever, and what he's saying goes against everything I've read... its just... argh.
I agree. He said that the products he used were better without providing any additional information. But that's why I asked.

Quote:
sometimes I feel like you just need to lay the freaking smack down and INFORM people when they're being morons.
How often do you think your 'smackdown' actually serves its intended purpose? What you need to realize is that you're not 'informing' anybody. You're pissing them off. Some people give up and leave you to your ranting. They're not shutting up because you've 'informed' them - they're shutting up because there's no point in arguing with a lunatic. You don't debate, Rob - you insult. Very rarely do I see you involved in a discussion which doesn't end in you insulting somebody personally.

Quote:
BTW: He isn't going to be providing us with any information that proves his case.
You don't know that until you ask. And if I felt that his information was unsatisfactory, or that there was conflicting or otherwise more convincing evidence to the contrary, I'd submit that for discussion. That's how you carry on a civil, informative and profitable exchange between multiple people, Rob. Your version helps nobody. You gain no additional information for yourself and nobody else who reads your tirades is 'enlightened.'

Quote:
I don't think I'm going to be taking mechanical or engine related advice from someone who wants 4 15" subs in the back of his SVX, if you know what I mean.
That's extremely short-sighted. I recommend that you re-examine this policy.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 10-14-2003 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:08 PM
01kickerlaidsvx

let's set the record straight

mr.pockets no, I didn't "measure"or "record" this information. I'm in the middle east right now doing my job so I can't dig up documentation but u can visit royalpurple.com and research the info for us.all I know is my cars are much quieter.my svx is much more responsive and my rpm's dropped about 200 or so from 700 r.p.m's to 500 in idle..and for chic-ane,I've been installing custom stereo since 1994 but when your a soldier u travel too much to leave your mark (so to speak). I've never installed 4 15" subs unless the customer wanted and paid for it and none of my svx's have such an exaggeration of mobile entertainment.speak what u know son not what u think! so research the info yourself. it takes a week of driving and a $28 oil change with atleast 7500-10000 b4 the next oil chg cause ohh my svx doesn't burn-up my royal purple after averaging about 3,000 miles a month. and texas is hotter than most states...I wish I had thge time right now to compare the facts but u gays can take care of that..
Old 10-14-2003, 02:13 PM

Re: let's set the record straight

Quote:
Originally posted by 01kickerlaidsvx
I wish I had thge time right now to compare the facts but u GAYS can take care of that..
was that an insult or a typo?

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:16 PM

Registered SVX
Re: let's set the record straight

Quote:
mr.pockets no, I didn't "measure"or "record" this information. I'm in the middle east right now doing my job so I can't dig up documentation
Okay, thanks anyway.

Quote:
I wish I had thge time right now to compare the facts but u gays can take care of that..
That was uncalled for.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 10-14-2003, 02:28 PM
01kickerlaidsvx

ooops

that was a typo...I'm not that rude or that fast atypist...and I won't cuss or insult no one like that. stereotyping is common but not right..just remember what I said and who said it. I'll bring the topic back up when I get a chance...I have not been on this site in over a year so I knew not that we had a charecter like chic-- it's all good though I took nothing personal. I'M 29 NOT 19..everyone has there favorites. I like royal purple for engine oil and redline for tranny. now your right mobil does have the deep pockets but so what? in texas you go to the tracks and more guys use mobil 1 but the fastest most consistent do not...