IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2003, 05:06 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
I think you just played in the same spot to much, and then got that gut wrenching feeling of tires loosing traction.
Actually, it was more like "that sinking feeling". It also doesn't help that it still has the original tires, either. Not a helluva lot of tread left. At least I learned my lesson, make sure you have someone there to pull your @$$ out!

Quote:
Originally posted by sputnik
so it's YOU that got the maine alcyone plate
Yeah, that'd be me. I've only had the plate for about 2mos, so you can't blame me too much.

Where 'bouts in Maine do you live? We should hook up some time when you get back here. I've only met one fellow SVXer in Maine, and she was a bit on the obnoxious side. I've seen quite a few up here though, most were goin the wrong way. What color is yours, maybe I've seen you.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 10-05-2003, 07:22 PM
tuzem

Jeff,

Your second photo rocks!
Old 10-06-2003, 12:11 PM
sputnik

i live just outside portland (westbrook), my car is a 92 maroon/purple with the new lobster plates.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:04 PM
MeyDey

Ahem...

There may be no expiration date on the ... er, thingy ... but you can still tell by the smell when something's gone bad.

As for chicks who dig SVX's ... there are much more of us than you would think. I can think of ... well, at least one (me); but if you factor in my multiple personalities...
Old 10-06-2003, 01:41 PM
tuzem

you can still tell by the smell when something's gone bad.

Hey Mey,

You cracked me up there! There is nothing better than a chick who likes SVX and has a great sence of humor Are you married? If you are not, I'm your prime candidate!!!

Is the Coor's Brewery still in Golden? I read a whole book on that :\

-Nick
Old 10-06-2003, 02:40 PM
MeyDey

tuzem...

Yep, the Coors Brewery is still in Golden. And no, I'm not married. As for my availability in that department ... I'll have to check my calendar. Plus, I think driverdave may have a say...
Old 10-06-2003, 02:47 PM
tuzem

vailability...

Damn! All good women are taken I tried!!!

-Nick
Old 10-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally posted by sputnik
i live just outside portland (westbrook), my car is a 92 maroon/purple with the new lobster plates.
Cool, I work in Portland, we definetly need to hook up some time. Never seen your car, though, the only Bordeaux I've seen was in Winslow. It's own by a...shutter...dentist.

Actually, if you've been on Commercial St. in the past 2yrs, you've probably seen my office, it's kinda hard to miss.

http://www.cianbro.com/press/newsview.asp?sid=1034

Quote:
Originally posted by MeyDey
Yep, the Coors Brewery is still in Golden. And no, I'm not married. As for my availability in that department ... I'll have to check my calendar. Plus, I think driverdave may have a say...
Want some advice? Move...NOW! Nick now knows that you live near a beer factory, it's too late for you. Within the next few days, you'll find him passed out on your doorstep, then you'll never be rid of him. Trust, get away while you still can!

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 10-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally posted by tuzem
Jeff,

Your second photo rocks!
Thanks, that one's my favorite too! I just like how the sun's reflection follows the hood badge down the front of the car. I'd never get that pic again in a million years. I just wish the sun was more on my side of the car.

What I really want is a picture with the exact same postion, but at dusk with a red sky. The sun sets directly above the rear drivers window. I think that would be a phenomenal picture.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 10-06-2003, 06:11 PM
tuzem

WE WANT THE SPEEDO SHOT!

I think we should just all go to Golden and drink as much Coor's as we can Then crash at MeyDay's!

-Nick
Old 10-06-2003, 06:25 PM
Recluse

How many times do I have to say it? THERE IS NO SPEEDO SHOT!

Actually, truth be told, there may be one shot in existance with me with a speedo on. My ex-girlfriend got me a purple tiger-stiped one for a gag gift once. But, considering it was like XS, after too many drinks, it ended up on my head. I even went for a ride around town like that.

I think she may have snapped a shot, I really can't remember, but there are 2 reasons why no one will ever see it. One, I don't think my wife would be too happy if I went to see my ex to get it. Second, I really don't want a pic of me with mens undies on my head to get out. You know, it might ruin my image and all.

Oh yeah, I second the motion for a factory beer binge. As long as your buyin!

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 10-06-2003, 06:38 PM
tuzem

I'll buy! Always up for a drink

WE WANT THE GAY SPEEDO SHOT!!!! -- that's the your new image now hehehe Speedos on your head

Just kidding man. You know I love you! No more speedo jokes

-Nick
Old 10-08-2003, 12:46 PM
MeyDey

Quote:
Originally posted by tuzem
I think we should just all go to Golden and drink as much Coor's as we can Then crash at MeyDay's!
How did my place get designated the "crash pad?" It's only a 2-bedroom apartment ... although, seeing more SVX's in the parking lot besides the two already there (mine and Dave's) would be cool. Worth a picture, even.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Recluse

Quote:
Originally posted by MeyDey
How did my place get designated the "crash pad?" It's only a 2-bedroom apartment ... although, seeing more SVX's in the parking lot besides the two already there (mine and Dave's) would be cool. Worth a picture, even.
Two Words: Beer Factory!

You see, me and Nick have an alcohol problem. The problem is we don't have enough!

So, here's the plan. I live in Maine, he lives in Washington. We meet in the middle for a beer raid, and you just happen to be the closest SVXer to the target. You know, gotta lay low 'til the heat dies down.

Just so you know though, I won't be taking the SVX for this one. Too many miles for my baby. I'll just let the XT6 rack 'em up.

'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
Old 10-09-2003, 12:32 AM
tuzem

Cheers Jeff! I'm in! My SVX is my work horse so it would be 3 SVXs and 4 drunks Sounds like a plan to mee! Jeff is in, who else?

Also... Jeff and I don't have an alcohol problem... it's all the others that have problem with us We have a perfect, harmonious, and peaceful relationship with the bottle.

-Nick