Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-28-2003, 12:54 PM

Angry Boycott WHEEL MAX!!!!

I am soooo pissed off. I have been waiting since Monday the 21st for my wheels that i ordered from Wheel Max and I have been trying to call them for days!!! I was on hold for about 40 minutes today because i was wondering when my wheels were ever coming. They were supposed to be shipped out on wed. (they are open mon-sat, which gives them more time to get orders out) from Florida and take 3-4 days to arrive at my house. Keep in mind that i have nothing to drive because of my tire exploding, so i'm driving my mom's car. So today when i finally get ahold of someone they told me that my wheels and tires have not been sent out yet! I was furious, she said that they wont be here until wed or thurs.: which i think really means thursday or friday becasue they are still sitting in their ****ing wharehouse. I told off the girl and told her i wanted to cancel my order and there is a $100 restocking fee for a canceled order. Then i wanted to talk to her boss and she wouldnt' let me talk to anyone. To make a long story short, DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WHEEL MAX!!!!!! I'm boycotting them for the rest of my life and i told them i will never ever shop w/ them ever again!!!

Sorry i'm just so mad, I want by car back soooooo bad!!!
Old 07-28-2003, 01:38 PM
JLittell

That sucks! I would call them until I got an answer. Demand a packing slip and mailing tracking number (USPS,UPS,FEd-EX, etc..).
Old 07-28-2003, 02:14 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
I'd also ask them why they needed $$ to restock something they hadn't removed from stock yet. Sheesh! I hate it for you. Seems, though, like poopy customer service is becoming more the rule, than the exception.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-28-2003, 03:23 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Excellent point Aredub. Hadn't thought of that. If you don't mind I'm going to make a note of that for future business 'situations'.

Thanks.

- Rob
Old 07-28-2003, 03:36 PM

I've been so mad about the wheels and stuff, that I decided to call and talk to a manager and tell them about this little ordeal. The manager also had terrible customer service. I told them that I would like to have my tracking number since its ups and they wouldnt give it out at all. I also told her that i ordered them at midnight on monday night so i make that technically tuesday. Therefore there is 2 days for proccesiing which gives u till thursday or friday at the latest then possibly sent out on thursday or friday. I 'm not sure if ups delivers or does anything on weekends so if not, the wheels should have been here tom (3 dyas for delivery). Now the manager says that my wheels will not arrive until friday which is ridiculous!! i asked her what the return policy was and she said that I could look it up on the compuer. I then told her that I"m a manager for a large coproration and I would never treat a customer like that, she didnt even have the decency to tell me the reurn policy. I told her that if i ran a company like this i would be embarrassed. I also told her that the website is very misleading w/ their shipping times, and if i hadn't already paid for my stuff I would not be buying anything.
Old 07-28-2003, 03:44 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXGIRL182
I've been so mad about the wheels and stuff, that I decided to call and talk to a manager and tell them about this little ordeal. The manager also had terrible customer service. I told them that I would like to have my tracking number since its ups and they wouldnt give it out at all. I also told her that i ordered them at midnight on monday night so i make that technically tuesday. Therefore there is 2 days for proccesiing which gives u till thursday or friday at the latest then possibly sent out on thursday or friday. I 'm not sure if ups delivers or does anything on weekends so if not, the wheels should have been here tom (3 dyas for delivery). Now the manager says that my wheels will not arrive until friday which is ridiculous!! i asked her what the return policy was and she said that I could look it up on the compuer. I then told her that I"m a manager for a large coproration and I would never treat a customer like that, she didnt even have the decency to tell me the reurn policy. I told her that if i ran a company like this i would be embarrassed. I also told her that the website is very misleading w/ their shipping times, and if i hadn't already paid for my stuff I would not be buying anything.
Did you pay by CC? If so, call the CC company and cancel payment on the order!
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-28-2003, 03:54 PM

Registered SVX
Okay, I've just read their "Return Policy" and it does indicate a $100.00 "Cancellation" fee:

Wheel Max Return Policy

1. Merchandise can not be returned without a return authorization number from Wheel Max.

2. All authorizations are valid for a period of 15 days after the date of issue.

3. Customer is liable for all shipping costs when returning or exchanging an item. This also applies to any issues concerning warranty.

4. When returning wheels for credit, a $100 restocking fee will be charged to your account. This also applies to shipments that are refused and returned to us.

5. All cancellations prior to shipment are subject to a $100 cancellation fee.

6. Shipping is non-refundable. Any Shipment received in conditions other than brand new will be charged 50% restocking fee on the total amount.

7. There are no returns on used or damaged merchandise.

8. Wheel and tire packages must be wrapped in plastic and boxed before they are returned to us.

9. No returns after 30 days.

10. Report any damages and/or shortages within 48 hours of receiving. No claims will be accepted after 48 hours.

11. For customers purchasing wheels alone, once a tire is mounted there are absolutely no returns.

12. Purchase price at time of sale is final.

However, I'd still see if I couldn't stop pay on my CC and put the onus on them to deal with Wheel Max. Obviously, you're done talking with them, but, you should've brought up the fact that they say (on their website) "Providing the fastest shipping." Yes, it's vague (fastest as compared to . . .) but, it's still an ambiguous statement that could bite 'em in the butt. As well as their shipping chart from their place to yours.

Oh well, good luck. Hope you get it all worked out.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 07-28-2003, 04:17 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
One thing that's proved to be effective in the past is this: THREATEN WITH A LAWSUIT.

I signed up for a magazine and a free 'skiing hat' a few years back. 6-7 months went by. I was getting the magazine, but no hat. So I emailed them. No response. So I called them. Couldn't. So I posted on their message board that I hadn't gotten my hat, and was ticked off. A few responses saying the same thing. I responded "Dammit, this is false advertising. They claimed we'd get a free hat, and they got us to sign up, but now they don't want to give us the hats. Thank all of you for sending me your contact information, I will put together our case for 'bait and switch' tactics to be filed against Freeze magazine on Monday".

The next day I got an email and a phone call from people at the office, frantically telling me they were sending me the hat. In a few days, I recieved THREE hats, a fishermans style hat, a long sleeved t shirt, a ton of freeze stickers, and 2 years worth of magazines.

- Rob
Old 07-28-2003, 04:19 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
That sucks. Don't you have a spare you could drive on if you don't need to do a lot of driving... for a few days? I don't ever expect much from internet companies... since they are often terrible. When ordering, tack on a couple extra weeks for delivery... then when it comes in 1 week, you're pleased that you got it so soon. I don't understand that restocking fee... restock it from... already being... in stock.?

People like these will only "f" with you more when you yell at 'em. The only thing you can do is be patient... sucks, but it is a helpful virtue. BTW, the tire rack people aren't too cool either... not too responsive to warranty questions.

Hope your wheels come soon, in perfect shape, and you love 'em.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 07-28-2003, 05:53 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Yes, Randy is right (again!!) yell at your CC company. The contract is jointly with them so they have to sort it as much as you do.

Most MO companies will jump to the CC orders as that is their lifeblood

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 07-28-2003, 06:30 PM
SVXdriver_007

A big thing to remember also when talking to wheel max, is not only to let them know how you are not satisfied but let them no you are telling evryone that will listen. Tell them about the sites you frequent and let them know you are complaing there as well. It took me no more than 4 buisiness days total to get both my wheels and tires.
I'd do whatever I could to talk to someone higher up sooner or later you'll come across someone whos paycheck reflects the wheels they sell (the people on the phone are hourly).
It is terrible that they didn't know there own return policy and it is even worse that the first person you talked to wouldn't let you speek to a manager. I managed a Help desk before this job and I've had people fired for that same thing.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:21 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Sorry to hear that you are having a problem. It is very dissapointing when you want to drive your car and can't for whatever reason. Hope all comes out ok.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 07-28-2003, 08:24 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Get Gelfman. You could also right letters to performance magazines and see if they'll post it in there magazine. If word gets out it could put a crunch on there sales. Wouldnt do much to help you, but it would hurt them.
Old 07-28-2003, 10:42 PM

Try the better business bureau, they'll help you rolve this issue or somethin. heres the site http://www.bbb.org/ . Hope this helps.
Old 07-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Registered Abuser

Re: Boycott WHEEL MAX!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXGIRL182
I am soooo pissed off. I have been waiting since Monday the 21st for my wheels that i ordered from Wheel Max and I have been trying to call them for days!!! I was on hold for about 40 minutes today because i was wondering when my wheels were ever coming. They were supposed to be shipped out on wed. (they are open mon-sat, which gives them more time to get orders out) from Florida and take 3-4 days to arrive at my house. Keep in mind that i have nothing to drive because of my tire exploding, so i'm driving my mom's car. So today when i finally get ahold of someone they told me that my wheels and tires have not been sent out yet! I was furious, she said that they wont be here until wed or thurs.: which i think really means thursday or friday becasue they are still sitting in their ****ing wharehouse. I told off the girl and told her i wanted to cancel my order and there is a $100 restocking fee for a canceled order. Then i wanted to talk to her boss and she wouldnt' let me talk to anyone. To make a long story short, DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM WHEEL MAX!!!!!! I'm boycotting them for the rest of my life and i told them i will never ever shop w/ them ever again!!!

Sorry i'm just so mad, I want by car back soooooo bad!!!
That bites. I had a similar experience with them this month, and I would love to see them boycotted. Their customer service, using the term loosely, is disgusting. It's hard to believe they can run a successful business like this. I did get my wheels/tires two weeks after I ordered them when they promised them in 3-5 days. Hopefully no one else on this site will send any more business their way.

Stpehen
94 Barcelona - FWD SOLD
92 Ebony - 3.90 SOLD
94 Laguna ROLLING w/4.44s/Ecutune ECU +TCU/STI springs/Infiniti M45 rims