SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2006, 11:51 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Drivers seat removal problems

I was taking out my drivers seat last night but one of the bolts will not come out, I can turn it around and pull and do whatever I want to it, but it wont come out. Im guessing there's a blind nut under there but I dont know where I can get to it? Any help? Thanks

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-08-2006, 12:36 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Which bolt are you struggling with? front left ? rear right? etc......

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
front bolt towards the inside of the car, next to the center console.

dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-09-2006, 04:39 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
I had to cut mine out on my passenger side.....the nut is welded to the frame underneath.....Your weld broke and the only way to get a look at it is to cut the head of the bolt off, remove the seat, then figure out how to remove the broken piece.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:45 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Dustin you will have to move the seat to the back, all the way. then bring something non flammable to cover all around the bolt, and gloves and special mask on your eyes. then you will have to install a small disc (max 4") to the grinder's head and do the thing...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-09-2006, 04:57 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
yep, and if you cut the carpet when you are using the wheel, it's like cutting pvc pipe and gets messy quick.....and watch the sparks...you'll burn stuff fast
Old 01-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Thats what's nice about having a high powered dremel tool with 250+ attachments. I figured I was gonna have to cut the bolt, I was kinda hoping there was a way to access the blind nut from underneath the car like most american car makers do. After I finish this, I'll post my how-to on a quick fix for the door sills (hint: you wont have to replace your door sills everytime you break the clips.) Well thanks guys for all the help, im hoping after I get the seat out I can get my windows working again.

dustin

My Locker

Old 01-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Been there, done that. Cause: bolt cross-threaded. We ended using the nut as a reverse drill of sorts to eventually work its way out.

Pulled the carpet back, got a soaked rag and welded a new nut into place. Now it's stronger than stock!