Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-21-2003, 08:13 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
call kerven subaru at 800KERVEN9. They can get you one for around $5 for a 92.

Mike
Did you see this????

Mike
Old 08-21-2003, 08:22 AM
vikesfandan

Yes I did, thanks Mike. Given that there are only very minor changes from the 92' to the 94', I was going to try the SOA route that Lwin has offered. Kerven will be Plan B. However, the last time I tried to go to the Kerven website, it wouldn't let me do anything without registering. Since I have a 92', the site will not let me register it due to it being older then 1995, which they have set as the oldest year eligible for registering on their site. In a way, I felt discriminated against for having a 1992. Not a big deal, but it rubbed me the wrong way at the time. I called the guy at Kerven that posted info about their giving discounts to SVX club members and he apologized, stating that it's a "SOA thing." Anyway, he agreed with me that 92's rule and that they too should be eligible for registration, smoothing over this disgruntled customer wanna-be, making Kerven Plan B in this case.
Old 08-21-2003, 08:33 AM
Green1995SVX

Yeah. I think you're talking about my.subaru.com which is a website run by SOA, not Kerven Subaru. (that was me you talked to on the phone at Kerven, by the way.)

Mike
Old 08-21-2003, 09:02 AM
vikesfandan

LOL......Great to put some text with a voice! Thanks Mike. I went to your site again to refresh my memory. After clicking on parts and service, it wants you to register on the right side. If you register, can you then see any parts diagrams? Other sites out there allow the user to see parts diagrams and part numbers, making them much more user friendly. I'm a new owner, with no idea what part numbers apply to the parts I need.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:39 AM
Kerven Subaru

my.subaru.com is just a site which allows you to see some of the service history of your car and gives you reminders to get your car serviced and such. It is completely unrelated to parts.

We're providing the parts at a VERY discounted price as a service to the SVX World Network. We don't make enough money on the parts to purchase such e-commerce website software. If there is a specific part that you need, please feel free to give us a call at 800KERVEN9 and I would be happy to look up the part number for you.

Best Regards,

Mike
Kerven Subaru
Old 08-21-2003, 10:43 AM
vikesfandan

Mike, thanks again. I'll give it a try....I will soon need brake pads for both the front and rear in ceramic. Please reply with cost and S&H charges. Maybe we should take this offline. dmurray@utilimaster.com
Old 08-21-2003, 11:06 AM
Kerven Subaru

Quote:
Originally posted by vikesfandan
Mike, thanks again. I'll give it a try....I will soon need brake pads for both the front and rear in ceramic. Please reply with cost and S&H charges. Maybe we should take this offline. dmurray@utilimaster.com
We have the OE pads. I dont believe they are ceramic. We are a subaru dealer and only sell Subaru OE parts.

Best,

Mike