Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region

Old 07-13-2001, 12:26 PM
carpedick

Talking Sacramento Yungins

So, it looks like Black and Red and I and any other young SVXers should meet up one of these weekends to go drivin and check out each others cars. Preferrably before Black and Red ditch for SoCal =) Maybe next weekend would work, 21st or 22nd. Sound good?
Old 07-13-2001, 05:54 PM
Hitchhikin'

Hmm... I better get crackin' on finding the problem with my NOS system then! I want that thing up and running so we can get a good showing at the drags!
Old 07-13-2001, 06:30 PM
carpedick

any guesses on what the SVX will do with the NOS fully operational? Oh, and the graphics aren't removable with the click of a mouse, it'll take a little more effort than that.
Old 07-13-2001, 06:33 PM
tober76b

i might be able to make it.
keep us posted on any confirmed times.
the only reason i couldn't make it is because i'm getting ready to move to hawaii. the bay area company i'm working for is taking a hit in this currently poor market and my job is slipping away from me. anyway, a friend just moved over there herself, so i figure -- what the heck.
on that note, i'll be forced to sell my svx. i'll be listing it in the for sale section once i wash it and take some pics.
toby
Old 07-13-2001, 07:59 PM
Hitchhikin'

carpe: Henry, the nitrous SVX pioneer, used a G-Tech and a 150 shot of nitrous, and pulled a 13.9, with no reaction time, of course. Mine's only running an 80 shot, and it's not perfectly dialed in yet.. I'm aiming for 15 flat, expecting mid 15s. But we'll see if I can even get it working again. I got some nice runs, while testing, then it just stopped working altogether. My guess is somewhere along the series of activation switches, one isn't activating properly. I'm going to check one switch, and if it doesn't seem to be the one, I'll try to find a shop that can take care of it. God, this project keeps costing more and more...

Tober: Good luck in Hawaii. It's a nice place, but I don't know how it is living there, since I've only vacationed there. Seems pleasant, for sure. And hopefully we can get some kind of meeting arranged soon, so you can join us. The more, the merrier!
Old 07-13-2001, 08:21 PM
carpedick

Hey Red, let me know if you want to get together and Fu....mess around with the cars. I'd appreciate any suggestions you could give me and I'd be happy to help you with the NOS even though I know less than you about it =)
Old 07-13-2001, 08:34 PM
carpedick

btw, had something weird happen today. Was over at Arden and had the car parked and someone with another green SVX parked right next to me. Had to be planned by him, too bad I didn't get to meet the guy. Oh, and one weird coincidence. I was in Phoenix about a year ago, and went to a mall there, and thinking my SVX was rare, proceeded to see 2 other SVX's in the same mall, parked and driving around. Talk about a heckuva coincidence.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:44 PM
Hitchhikin'

Carpe: Definitely! Let's definitely meet up sometime, and maybe we can get black in the mix too! I'd definitely appreciate any ideas you could suggest with the NOS... I may be familiar with the theoretical way that it works, but I'm really bad with fixing stuff, specially since I didn't install the kit myself. hmm... Any suggestions for time/date?

I know there's at least one other SVX here in town... a light red one... When I had my car painted about a year ago, that shop had just finished painting that SVX. In fact I saw it driving around in the Rite Aid on Hurley and Fulton around that time, too. But you saw another green SVX at Arden.. wow... Never seen another green around here. Amusing part, is that I'm currently parked in the Arden area as well, along Fulton. If you drive by, sometime, you might just see it in a parking lot on the side, with an ugly black hood.
Old 07-13-2001, 08:55 PM
carpedick

Yeah, actually the total amount of SVX's I've seen in sac are as follows.

Red - You
Black - Black
Green - Me
Green - guy parked next to me
Blue - This old guy that used to drive past my work at lunch everyday
Red - Old guy in the south area
Pearl - Some old couple in Rancho

That's not bad for a small lil town like ours.

I'm free on Saturday in the afternoon, as long as you promise not to laugh at the roof of mine. I'm in the process of sanding and repainting the roof because of something that the previous owner did to the car, nasty touch up spots for some reason. Anyways, I'm only halfway done so it still looks like a spray job. Sunday I'm going to put the final coat on, and then I get to sand it in 2 to 3 weeks. Yay....what fun these cars are.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:18 PM
Hitchhikin'

Wow, so you've actually seen my car, as well as black's? I haven't seen any at all lately...
Old 07-13-2001, 10:20 PM
carpedick

Sounds good, I actually needed to change that, looks like I'll be free Sunday, right after a friend and I go to see Final Fantasy. =) What can I say I'm a graphics guy.
Old 07-13-2001, 10:26 PM
Hitchhikin'

Sounds good, carpe... You can tell me how Final Fantasy is... i'm eager to watch that movie too... Just hit me up sometime, aiight?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: