Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 07-10-2009, 01:25 PM

Re: What do you think of my new wing?

Elliot, I think any large wing is better than the stock wing or no wing at all.
You should stop asking for approval from people that just don't have your "taste buds". If you eat a vanilla ice cream and someone in your family does not like your vanilla do you keep making comments like "Come on guys can't you like my ice cream".

The problem I have with your wing, and now any JDM prototype wing, is that it looks like a copy of the NSX car. Someone else mention this same thing in this thread and you know, I though, wow Ive been thinking the same thing.

This brings me back to my Italian car comments where I called the SVX an Italian car because it was designed by Italians. I also said that Subaru's inhouse design team could not have made a car that looks like the SVX without outside design help.

Here is an example of this; it appears that after Subaru ended their relationship with the Italian design house, they decided "wow we can tweak this car on our own without the Italians". Well, as it turns out, they simply copied something from another Japanese firm, Honda.

Now, as it turns out, I have stopped liking the JDM prototype cause its a weak attempt at coming up with something innovative.

The JDM wing doesnt even flow with the angles on the SVX. It would be more fitting on something like the VW bug which is a rounded car.

The SVX has almost indentical lines as the F40 and need a wing with sharp angles like my wing.

Obviously you have talent and can really do some cool fiberglass work. Try to make something really cool and taller like my wing. Look at my pictures. Make something maybe 2 inches shorter than mine. Then you will have a hot car.

The JDM wing is not the way to go though. Its too round.

Sorry.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:49 PM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t

Elliott in case you missed it... this guy was banned a couple of times before

I am sure you can figure out why.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:05 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxpensive View Post
Try to make something really cool and taller like my wing. Look at my pictures. Make something maybe 2 inches shorter than mine. Then you will have a hot car.
If we wanted that, we could go down to the local wally world and steal a shopping cart

Last edited by 1986nate; 07-10-2009 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:23 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

I'm not even going to say a word. It comes upon him by itself.
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 07-10-2009, 04:05 PM

Hey, Im just sayin, you know.

Didnt mean to offend.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:58 PM

I don't think you offended anyone with your opinions, certainly not me. You just are making a fool of yourself. You have no business giving ANYONE advice about lines or flow.

Seriously, just because it was designed by Italians doesn't make it a Ferrari. I have a car that was designed by the same place that designs Ferraris, Pininfarina, does that mean it should have a big goofy wing like an F40 just like yours?

I didn't really come here looking for approval from anyone, I came here looking for inspiration and ideas. In the end, I will still do things the way I want to do them, nothing anyone can say would stop me. I just wanted to start a thread about wings to get ideas on what other people have and what they like, I just started with a joke picture. I had no idea about the prototype wing before this thread, I had thought about moving mine back, but molding it in wasn't even on my mind until I saw the prototype.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:04 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post
I don't think you offended anyone with your opinions, certainly not me. You just are making a fool of yourself. You have no business giving ANYONE advice about lines or flow.
LMAO I like this guy more and more
Old 07-10-2009, 06:16 PM
Collision Refinishing Tech

Registered SVX

Agreed +1
Mods:AWD conversion/4.44 swap by Budfreak, Custom red interior lights, Custom Satin black dash, Power mode switch, Cold air intake, Permecool tranny filter,Sony xplode 10" sub, Sony xplode 1000w amp, Blitz in-line driver, DDM Tuning 6000k HID's, New paint job/body work by me, 97' Grill, QC shift kit, 17'' MB Motoring rims, 15&20 min mod, front & rear urethane swaybar bushings, Custom fiberglass sub box, Custom red led a/c control unit, perrin lightweight crank pulley, Black wrinkle finish powdercoated intake manifold w/ clear hoses , 02' outback heated/power black leather seats
Soon to come:Fiberglass hood, upholster ALL suede to black leather
Past subies:

92' Pearl White/black top LS-L-SOLD
96' Legacy Outback-TOTALED
99' Legacy Outback Limited 30th anniversary edition-TOTALED
98' Forester L -Totaled
Other toys:
99' Forester S -WRX brake upgrade, soon an 04 wrx motor swap
06' B9 Tribeca-Stock
1982' Yamaha xj650 Maxim
Mods:
work in progress
Old 07-10-2009, 07:33 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott View Post

Seriously, just because it was designed by Italians doesn't make it a Ferrari. I have a car that was designed by the same place that designs Ferraris, Pininfarina, does that mean it should have a big goofy wing like an F40 just like yours?

I didn't really come here looking for approval from anyone, I came here looking for inspiration and ideas. In the end, I will still do things the way I want to do them, nothing anyone can say would stop me. I just wanted to start a thread about wings to get ideas on what other people have and what they like, I just started with a joke picture. I had no idea about the prototype wing before this thread, I had thought about moving mine back, but molding it in wasn't even on my mind until I saw the prototype.
Well, +2. I'm of the same opinion about Elliot.

However in fairness to svxexpensive what he is saying indicates that he also is a free thinker and has the courage of his convictions both to express what he likes and to spend the money making it happen.

Most people here go with the flow. I admire somebody who swims against the tide, even if I don't agree with their taste, necessarily. However to suggest that the SVX has identical lines as the Ferrari F40 indicates you are viewing the automotive world through Ferrari tinted glasses. Such a statement undermines anything svxpensive may have to say about flow or about lines. I will fight for his right to express an opinion because we all have the right.

However I would advise a reduction in digging effort as the darkness settles.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 07-10-2009, 10:20 PM

svxistentialist, is it sooo bad that I personally have a Ferrari bias ? I own an SVX therefore I have an SVX bias also.

Regarding my comment that the JDM wing looks like the NSX wing; if you agree, then how would you think that it came to be designed to look like an NSX wing ?

Copycats at Subaru ?
Old 07-10-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
However to suggest that the SVX has identical lines as the Ferrari F40 indicates you are viewing the automotive world through Ferrari tinted glasses.
Or a blind fold.
Old 07-10-2009, 10:56 PM
SUE BAROO ESVEEEX

I think it looks fine, it's your ride, you pay the tab - do what you want.
I personally am inclined to keep things OE myself, but thats just me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FORMER GM(TOYOTA - SUBARU - MAZDA - VOLVO) PARTS TECH/GM PARTS GUILD MEMBER 12YRS
Old 07-11-2009, 05:25 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakenetit2 View Post
I think it looks fine, it's your ride, you pay the tab - do what you want.
I personally am inclined to keep things OE myself, but thats just me.
Welcome to the forums kakenetit2, can you please link to this thread and tell us more about yourself, your ride, etc...?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.