Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Bay Area Meet June 14th

I'll be in town and would like to get something going for Sunday, June 14th.

We can pick an interesting place to meet based on where everyone's located, my preference would be somewhere in the south bay as I'll be south of San Jose and having to borrow my in-laws' car, but we can figure something out.

Meet at a park, or a drive in burger joint, whatever. If enough people are interested and know of a good scenic drive we could put that together too.

I'm just wanting to meet some of the CA SVX owners and get some enthusiasm going for some events down here!

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 05-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Re: Bay Area Meet June 14th

I might be up for that! Trouble with weekend drives is the roads one would enjoy are jammed. I know some great roads down around King City!!!

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 05-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoRocket View Post
I might be up for that! Trouble with weekend drives is the roads one would enjoy are jammed. I know some great roads down around King City!!!

Glenn
Just keep it under the limit. King City is full of Chippys waiting to ruin a perfectly good meet. I'm picturing a dozen SVXs lined up on the shoulder with a cop going down the line writing tickets to everyone.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Dub View Post
Just keep it under the limit. King City is full of Chippys waiting to ruin a perfectly good meet. I'm picturing a dozen SVXs lined up on the shoulder with a cop going down the line writing tickets to everyone.
I like your enthusiasm - a DOZEN SVXs!

Yeah up here in the northwest, we've been lucky to never have any law enforcement "interference" at an event. We generally keep it around the limit and just enjoy the scenery and the looks we get from townspeople as 15 odd looking cars cruise through. Occasionally a few will let their cars stretch their legs here and there on the route, but "officially" the group obeys posted limits.

We could always just find someplace central to all interested and meet up at a park or burger joint too. Or for that matter, if the date is bad and people are up for a weekday evneing or something, that would work for me too.

I just threw something out there to get the ball rolling and take action. If someone more local has an idea, feel free.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:41 PM

Just a question. When you say "South Bay," what area exactly do you mean. Here in Los Angeles, South Bay means Manhattan Beach, roughly the south end of the Santa Monica Bay. That's no problem for most of the So Cal SVXers, but if you mean the south end of the San Francisco Bay, that's a 250+ mile run from here, and I'm in the north end of Los Angeles County. I'm for any meet, but the planning is different if it is a 50 mile or a 250 mile run.
Paul
'93 Mercury (Aussie) Capri
Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulDexler View Post
Just a question. When you say "South Bay," what area exactly do you mean. Here in Los Angeles, South Bay means Manhattan Beach, roughly the south end of the Santa Monica Bay. That's no problem for most of the So Cal SVXers, but if you mean the south end of the San Francisco Bay, that's a 250+ mile run from here, and I'm in the north end of Los Angeles County. I'm for any meet, but the planning is different if it is a 50 mile or a 250 mile run.
Paul
Sorry Paul, I guess you can tell I'm not from CA? In my world, anytime I've heard "The Bay Area", it's always been assumed San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose, etc. I just took that further and designated "the south bay", probably improperly. Feel free to come up with some strange terms for Seattle area landmarks to get me back.

But yeah, basically hoping for something around San Jose. Or an area within the triangle of San Jose, Santa Cruz, South San Francisco. Like I said, I won't even have my SVX, just hoping a few owners want to get together nearby and I can borrow a car and get away from family for a couple hours. Not looking for anything huge.

So on that note, I don't expect any of you southern CA owners to make a trek up this time around. Save that for when we can actually put together a big weekend event up in the middle of the state - which I was kind of hoping this first gathering of "Bay Area" SVXers might help to get some communication and unity going in that direction.