How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 07:06 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Are We Ready?!?!

Are we ready . . .

For the goofball, sophomoric excitement of meeting people we've only guessed at how they look? Are we prepared to hide our surprise, when they look absolutely NOTHING like what we've pictured?

Are we ready for the surge of electricity, as SVX after SVX begins to pull into the parking lot?

Are we ready to endure the endless discussion of broken trannies, minor and major mods, bearings, and ways to take the yellow out of headlights?

Are we ready, to be ourselves and mingle with some of the greatest people on this planet?

This will be my 8th meet (if you don't count micro and mini meets). My first meet, I almost started crying when I saw 17 SVXes line up outside the motel. Then, I couldn't quit yelling with the final of the 22, wheeled into line. I've seen six, I've seen 25, I've seen 33 (give or take -- don't think we've ever gotten an official count. I've seen a gathering of two and a gathering of . . . Point is, no matter where SVXers get together, no matter how many, there's a "magic." An instant "kinship" that is indescribable. It's whacky that it took a silly automobile, to get me out of a cocoon that kept my relationships stagnant, and opened the door to meet folks face to face, to whom I've grown as fond as some of my childhood friends -- even some of the faceless names, I feel I know as well as some of my family. It's even greater to know that there's still a "whole slew" of others to meet that will become just as dear.

I'll have to admit, that I was beginning to fade, at the last couple of meets. I didn't want to drive "that far." But, once the smiles and the greetings start coming and you see the familiar faces and are introduced to new folks, any weariness fades away and you settle down with "family."

I can't wait to see each and every one of you. I don't want to miss a single person, so, if I don't find you, please, come and find me. I want to shake your hand, or give you a hug and thank you for making this a great "community."

For those of you who can't come and are truly aching to be there, let me extend my hand now and thank you for your support, and your friendship. We'll be sure to raise a toast to the absentees, especially those in the UK, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, Austria, Sweden, Japan and the countries I can't remember, and the ones yet to join us. I hope we'll meet someday.

Are we ready!?!?!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-17-2002, 07:44 PM
I look like Gordon

I'm ready. Got an extra-special bottle of "adult beverage" packed away for this one.

And, I procrastinated on the room and ended up with the "hospitality suite"... sounds like a good group meeting spot for a Saturday night bourbon tasting, doesn't it???

100 proof Rufus
Old 07-17-2002, 08:09 PM

I'm waiting until tomorrow to get ready. I'm thinking about getting ready, though...

'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder

(Previous '93 SVX Owner)
Old 07-17-2002, 08:26 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
I'm trying to pick out the trip music now and will worry about packing clothes later...

I'm bringing some folding chairs and wil try to get my neighbor's sun tent. If anyone else has some kind of portable sun shade, please bring it.

See you all Friday!

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 07-17-2002, 08:35 PM
sith

Lets see... all digital gear is charged and ready, detailing gear is packed, car is shiny... I think I'm set.

Wait wait.. my mom says I should pack clothes. Hrm. That seems entirely too practical...
Old 07-17-2002, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
bah!

I am no more ready than I was two weeks ago!!!!!

Lots to do tomorrow

See you all, bleary eyed, about 7pm on Friday local time with all my merchandise in hand

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 07-17-2002, 09:46 PM
"high" in Colorado

Thumbs up I'm ready!

Here it is, the night before I leave to drive across the heartland, and nothing has come up to screw up my long planned trip!

Hope to leave about dawn, and make it through Denver before the morning traffic rush. My objective is to make it to DeMoins Ia tomorrow night.

Everyone have a safe and "hassle free" trip. I am looking foward to meeting all the good people on this forum!
81 280ZX
91 Legacy wagon
86 Pontiac Parisenne (55k)
86 Kawasaki ZG 1000 Concours
81 KZ 1000 LTD (shaft)
Old 07-17-2002, 09:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Guys and gals....

I wish, more than anything, that I could have made the trip to such a historic event and to have met, in person, the people and friends that I have made online here.

A safe drive to all and have a wonderful time.

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-17-2002, 10:50 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

I have been up and down the ladder to the roof so many times these last couple of weeks that I feel like a . . . feel like a . . . like a . . . an up and down thing! This roofing stuff has taken so much time that I haven't washed the car or polished the lenses for like . . . like . . . a real long time! Let it rain. I am not going to the roof tomorrow. It's time to get my priorities straight. Wax on, wax off. I only wish I had the time to cure our Speckled Hood Disease.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 07-17-2002, 11:55 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Ready....or not

If it doesn't rain this evening, I think I will wash and wax the IMPREZA, so that it won't look too bad parked down at the end of the line....way out there....over in the next zip code....from all the beautiful SVX's.

....while my noble steed Super Ru, sit all alone under the maple tree, its dreams of being reunited with its mates dashed by....by.....THE MEET MONSTER....(sniff- sniff)
Old 07-18-2002, 01:09 AM
Green1995SVX

Well... I just got to work.. It's 9:01, and I'm already watching the clock. Is 5:00 here yet?! This will prove to be the longest work day in history.

-Mike
Old 07-18-2002, 01:29 AM
I'm just sayin'..........

Mike,

The longest day would be tomorrow.......try working two jobs today and then having to work until 4:30 tomorrow.......I'll be tired, but I'm WAY to excited to sleep.........

'95 Laguna Blue Pearl SVX L AWD
'18 Kia Stinger GT Twin Turbo - Sunset Yellow
Old 07-18-2002, 03:02 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
This is a reply, in general, to all previous posts in this thread.

Whatever it was you typed, I agree or at least acknowledge your post, okay?

I was lucky - the meet monster only scared me a little, but didn't actually grab me and pull me under the bed. For those of you who were meals for the meet monster, I am truly sorry. When my car stopped shifting and I thought that it wouldn't make it to Indiana, I know how crushed I was.

My mom taunted the meet monster, so it's her own fault. Fortunately, it'll probably only delay her briefly. Last summer her car was caught in some hail. It received no damage, save for some paint chips on the leading edge of the spoiler. So she decided that she wanted the car looking good for the meet.

I'll cut it short. The guy is painting the spoiler this morning and then she and my stepdad will hit the road as soon as the paint dries.

Me, I don't know when I'll find the time in the next 30 hours to wash and wax my car. It hasn't been waxed at all this year and, while it still looks good, would look better waxed. Of course. So, maybe I'll be up late tonight. We'll see. I've never waxed in the dark before, but what the hell. This is important.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE