Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Lambo doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandar View Post
Personally, I think Lambo doors look great on the SVX. They really fit the "exotic" look of the car (provided they are installed for a "factory" fit, of course).

I think that Lambo doors look retarded on Hondas for the same reason; like you're making a commuter car into something it's not.
My thoughts exactly....
Old 02-19-2009, 06:50 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

Hey, dont get me wrong.

I think Lambos on the SVX would look AWESOME. and I think they fit the car.

But the big problem is fit and finish.

I have seen those 2 cars previously listed w/ their doors closed. They DONT shut all the way. Major flaw.

On many of the kits that go out 4-6 inchs then up, I have often seen that there is nothing that stops you from smashing the latch into the door at a diagonal. If any one gets in your car that DOESNT know how to do it 'just right' you get your latch all dented and beat.

(it would be like having no stoppers on the overextention. Could you imagine if you could simply open ur door until it was crumpling into your fender? sooner or later, it would happen.)

IF there was a way to fit them and have a factory appearence, and function, I would do it. honest.

tell me there is an SVX done that way, and I will interview the owner. if Im convinced, I'll FLY to the owner, and examine the car. if it was as claimed, I would buy that kit, and have who ever put on THEIR kit, install on MY car.

Anything else would be a hack and slash operation. Nothing that some one who loved their car would do.

I think this view on lambos for SVX is doubled by ALOT of people on this site, but I wont speak for them.

James
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 02-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

I want to install butterfly doors on mine, Maclaren F1 style. Or maybe the Konigsegg's Cyclo-Helix doors..

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Zavikan I understand your concerns, I will look into this before starting. That is a valid concern, but from talking to mr pwrlite, he hadn't said anything about that. The one guy I know here who has them on his tiberon talked about the people yanking the doors thing but it hasn't caused any damage to his car. To be honest, I don't have many people riding in my car except my girl and if it was a problem I'd tell people or open the doors myself. I'd like to investigate it more though. Maybe I'll find some nerdy engineers here at my school and pick their brains about it.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:39 AM

Registered SVX

These guys with lambo doors on there svxs did they only bolt them on or did weld them on?
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 02-24-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

From my knowledge they are welded as well as the hinges are bolted in the stock position. I'm not positive, that's why I'd love someone to do a how to with pictures. I know that the GT factory kit gives you detailed pictures and steps of install but I highly doubt they would be SVX specific pictures. You can see more information on that specific kit here.
This is the kit I'm looking at.

here is the video, the gt factory hosted one wouldn't work, but I found it on a different site.

http://www.aerokits.net/DiabloHinge/gtfvideo.wmv
Old 02-24-2009, 02:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to zavikan

Well, with my concerns in mind then, I am certainly interested to see the results. Keep us all informed on your progress
'92 Liquid Silver SVX - Drilled&Slotted Rotors/Canadian OEM Seat Warmers/JDM Folding Mirrors/JDM Clear Corners/Euro Glass Headlights/Euro Headlight Level Adjustment/Euro Shifter Assembly/ECUTune Chip V.1/GARAGE QUEEN!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:28 AM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_pilot View Post
I want to install butterfly doors on mine, Maclaren F1 style. Or maybe the Konigsegg's Cyclo-Helix doors..
Got pics to compair those to lambo doors?
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 02-25-2009, 02:50 PM

Registered SVX

cyclo-helix doors
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4530.jpg (116.3 KB, 179 views)
Old 02-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust92pearl View Post
cyclo-helix doors
Dude, ew...
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-26-2009, 02:18 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

I'm with freeman on the helix doors they are a little weird. If I can find someone who is really good at welding to help me do this then I might try this this summer, seeing as they are only 500 now.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Registered SVX

i dont like the cyclohelix doors either lol i just had a pic so i thought id post it
Old 02-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Ive come to the conclusion that our cars would rock these doors right off but they're so heavy!! Maybe too heavy...
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-27-2009, 09:06 AM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
Ive come to the conclusion that our cars would rock these doors right off but they're so heavy!! Maybe too heavy...

I think your quote makes a much more adequate reply. (See below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman
Since it's science, it has to be true!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:35 AM

I think lambo doors on the SVX looks awesome.

If it could be done well for $500 I would do it.