Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-20-2007, 07:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
I love my SVX

Today I had a major scare in my SVX and it made me realize how much i really do love this car.
I had driven my car today, first time in several days, down to a gas station a couple miles from home. I go to leave the gas station and there is a car in front of me in the Right hand turning lane. I sit and wait on this person for a minute, and all of a sudden they slam on the gas and reverse right into the front of my car.
Luckily, there is NO damage at all. Slight dent in the person's car who slammed into mine.
It was a deaf woman who said she had her car in park to check her navagation system, she was lost and then she got into a hurry and didnt realize it was in reverse instead of drive.
Even after all this car has put me through with breaking down, she is now almost fixed, even with working trunk struts!! I LOVE THIS CAR!!
Old 05-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928
Today I had a major scare in my SVX and it made me realize how much i really do love this car.
I had driven my car today, first time in several days, down to a gas station a couple miles from home. I go to leave the gas station and there is a car in front of me in the Right hand turning lane. I sit and wait on this person for a minute, and all of a sudden they slam on the gas and reverse right into the front of my car.
Luckily, there is NO damage at all. Slight dent in the person's car who slammed into mine.
It was a deaf woman who said she had her car in park to check her navagation system, she was lost and then she got into a hurry and didnt realize it was in reverse instead of drive.
Even after all this car has put me through with breaking down, she is now almost fixed, even with working trunk struts!! I LOVE THIS CAR!!

Wow, You mean nothing new for me to fix?! Glad to hear it was minor and nobody was hurt. Give me a call, I'm too busy to stop and pick up a phone and dial it too.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:54 PM
One teal and One yellow

ohhhhh not try to be sex-bias or what.....!

but some(yes some not all) women's drivings made unbelievable mistakes...

check out these two links:

1. benz driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3BRKfYPOD4

2. excellent stick-shift driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGD-lRbS0U

PS: this one is funny but not her fault

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAaRk...elated&search=

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928

I hope you and the "wreckless lost driver were ok", I had a similiar incident at a quiznos restuarant. Long story short i collected 1400$ from insurance from a dinged up hood passenger fender and corner light.. I hope your SVX recovers from this incident.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92svx95
I hope you and the "wreckless lost driver were ok", I had a similiar incident at a quiznos restuarant. Long story short i collected 1400$ from insurance from a dinged up hood passenger fender and corner light.. I hope your SVX recovers from this incident.

I am just fine. My back hurts a tiny bit but I have been cleaning out the basement and that probably accounts for that. The driver of the other car said she was fine. It wasnt too hard of an impact. I am just very very glad it didnt do any damage to my car. Or I may have gone into a deep depression and never came out.

SSSVX: The link for the "excellent stick-shift driver" was incredible. What happened in that video, was the last thing I was expecting. I had to watch it twice because I couldnt believe they actually flipped it over the first time.

For the record, I am a woman driver. And I love driving a stick shift, but my very first time driving one was not so fun.
I had a 1990 Legacy wagon, I ended up loving the car and bought another newer one later on, but the first time driving it I over heated it from stalling it so many times. And we lived at the top of a mountain in the catskills (NY) at the time and I tried to go up a very steep hill at the bottom of the mountain in 3ed gear from almost a stop.... the engine sounded like it was going to jump out of the car, and it smelled really bad for a few minutes, but made it. Those are the only 2 big mistakes I can remember ever doing.

I have since then become an expert driver of a 5spd and even bought a 5spd f150 a couple days ago, my husband thinks its his but its really mine now.
Old 05-21-2007, 10:13 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Why can't people pull over into a parking lot to check their navigation systems, etc?....
Old 05-21-2007, 12:40 PM
One teal and One yellow

thanks for sharing some of your past stupid mistakes! i can't believe how suffered your car was to climb a steep hill with 3rd gear...that was quite stupid

i also don't know you're a woman driver... ...glad you don't get offended and you and the other stupid driver are okay from the accident.

there're also some women drivers are excellent drivers. they drive alot better than a lot of men too. sabine, she's one of the fastest female drivers in the world, she must be really good and can't afford to make big mistakes on her speed...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05