Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-25-2002, 12:16 PM
SpeedVX

Finally got some pictures up.

Alright to those who have asked...I finally got some pictures in my locker

And to those who like to point and laugh....go ahead but just remember everyone here bought this car because it stands out from the rest. I wanted my SVX to stand out from all the other SVX's out there. It's the same principle..im just more liberal. Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!
Old 04-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I sure hope Aredubjay doesn't see the pics!

Were those 12w0's in the trunk?
Old 04-25-2002, 12:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedVX
Alright to those who have asked...I finally got some pictures in my locker

And to those who like to point and laugh....go ahead but just remember everyone here bought this car because it stands out from the rest. I wanted my SVX to stand out from all the other SVX's out there. It's the same principle..im just more liberal. Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!
Okay, I'm going to stick my hand in the fire and TRY to ask a reasonable question.

You give the same reason for 'modding' you car that I hear from a lot of 'modders' out there: 'I want my car to be more original.'

If you guys want your cars to be more original, then why do you all do the same things? Subwoofers in the trunk, paint the same things yellow, aluminum inserts in any openings on the car.

I will fully admit it - I cringe when I see the SVX altered. To me it's like saying, 'you know, we should really update Mona Lisa's wardrobe.' But I'm also a creative person, and therefore I understand the desire to embellish and express.

So why don't you try something truly original, if that's really what you're going after?

Alright, so now I will wait for the endless posts accusing me of 'hatin' on' somebody or telling you guys that you can't do whatever you want to your own car - neither of which are true, by the way.

FYI, I noticed in one picture that your front wheels are on backwards. I didn't look for it in the rest of the photos, so maybe you've already fixed it. I just thought you should know.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-25-2002, 12:42 PM
Boone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
I sure hope Aredubjay doesn't see the pics!
Hmmm... and Randy used to like that color. Why not continue the stripes on the sunroof and rear bumper to complete the effect? Overall it looks nice. The graphics kinda detract from the visual impact 'tho.

Last edited by Boone; 04-25-2002 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-25-2002, 12:56 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

FYI, I noticed in one picture that your front wheels are on backwards. I didn't look for it in the rest of the photos, so maybe you've already fixed it. I just thought you should know.
I told him about it at reading He was like 'I never even noticed!'

-Mike
Old 04-25-2002, 01:00 PM
Green1995SVX

Daryl-

Don't listen to Stockets, he just has this hangup about mods and all that.

Stockets-

I think anyone should be able to express their creative thoughts. Daryl's way of doing this is through modifying his car. It really is a form of creative art, and it is a very good thing. You're such a stick in the mud! SHHHEEESHHHH!

-Mike

PS- I love doing things to make my car unique, and I do it in a different way. This is because I am expressing MY creativeness.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:16 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Daryl-

Don't listen to Stockets, he just has this hangup about mods and all that.

Stockets-

I think anyone should be able to express their creative thoughts. Daryl's way of doing this is through modifying his car. It really is a form of creative art, and it is a very good thing. You're such a stick in the mud! SHHHEEESHHHH!

-Mike

PS- I love doing things to make my car unique, and I do it in a different way. This is because I am expressing MY creativeness.
All I did was ask a question, Mike. And let me make this abundantly clear, because I don't like to be misunderstood:

I never said that anybody, Daryl or whomever, shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I'm pretty sure I got that across in my first post. So you take it back - because if I'm going to say one thing and then have you contradict it by telling me I said the opposite, then we can't have this conversation. I don't play that game. So take it back.

Here, let me put it this way. I was not discouraging Daryl from modifying his car. I was encouraging it. I am a creative person by day and by night. If I'm not creative on a daily basis, I will lose my job. So I am all for creativity, even if it means expressing that creativity on or in the SVX. I don't like it, but, hell, it's your car.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah. I mean to encourage all of you to be more creative. Don't do the same thing that the kid down the street is doing. Don't take style cues from one car and put them on your own (tail lights from a Toyota or fender vents from a BMW). The SVX stands out because it is an original work. So, if you want your SVX to stand out from other SVXs, then make yours an original work.

SHHHEEEEEESSHHHH!

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 04-25-2002 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-25-2002, 01:22 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:

All I did was ask a question, Mike. And let me make this abundantly clear, because I don't like to be misunderstood:

I never said that anybody, Daryl or whomever, shouldn't be allowed to express themselves.

I'm pretty sure I got that across in my first post. So you take it back - because if I'm going to say one thing and then have you contradict it by telling me I said the opposite, then we can't have a conversation. I don't play that game. So take it back.

Here, let me put it this way. I was not discouraging Daryl from modifying his car. I was encouraging it. I am a creative person by day and by night. If I'm not creative on a daily basis, I will lose my job. So I am all for creativity, even if it means expressing that creativity on or in the SVX. I don't like it, but, hell, it's your car.

Where was I going with this? Oh, yeah. I mean to encourage all of you to be more creative.

SHHHEEEEEESSHHHH!
Pockets, I'm sorry for my post, seriously. It was suposst to be in a half-joking tone, and it's difficult to show that in type. I didnt mean to come off in the way you thought I did. Also, it seems I misunderstood your post too. I'm sorry.

Can we be friends again?

<hugs Pockets>

-Mike
Old 04-25-2002, 01:29 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

Pockets, I'm sorry for my post, seriously. It was suposst to be in a half-joking tone, and it's difficult to show that in type. I didnt mean to come off in the way you thought I did. Also, it seems I misunderstood your post too. I'm sorry.

Can we be friends again?

<hugs Pockets>

-Mike
Oh, we're all still friends. I just hate to be misunderstood.

And you're right - tones and inflections are very hard to get across in type. So I apologize for misinterpreting your post.

PS Your hands wander in an inappropriate way when you hug.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-25-2002, 01:36 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:

PS Your hands wander in an inappropriate way when you hug.
OOOPS! Sorry!!

-Mike
Old 04-25-2002, 02:56 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Aredubjay <---------- Pointing and laughing . . . . . . . . AT NICK AND MIKE!!!!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-25-2002, 03:01 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Aredubjay <---------- Pointing and laughing . . . . . . . . AT NICK AND MIKE!!!!
Don't worry - I point and laugh at myself enough for everyone.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-25-2002, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedVX
Also as far as the exhaust goes..its not done...im adding a second muffler to give it that Corvette ZO6 look. They wont be sticking out that bad when its done b/c they'll be on either side of the differential. So any comments or criticism welcome.....ideas too!

Something like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg redpipes.jpg (117.5 KB, 1831 views)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 04-25-2002, 04:20 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Re: Finally got some pictures up.

Quote:
Originally posted by svxcess

Something like this?
Looks like john was bored at work today...

-Mike
Old 04-25-2002, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Actually, I did that quite a while ago. The first design was on my pearlie, with all pipes together instead of grouped in pairs. see http://www.subarusvx.com/images/carp...e/white057.jpg

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .