SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2002, 12:47 PM
ekprintsos

Unhappy The time has come: I'm selling my car :(

Hello All,
The time has come for me to sell by baby. I'm going to miss her as I have bonded with her for almost 9 years. She's made me look so damned good all these years... driving to the Cape, NY, Maine, Vermont, RI, NH... to concerts, parties, weddings, jealous friends homes...parked in my driveway...children and adults walking by and stopping to admire her while I washed and cleaned her every Saturday morning.....
Yes, It's going to be awful parting with her but I must.
My new ride is going to be a 330xi (yes i'm growing up-and getting a 4 door) and I know it won't make me look as sexy as the svx... just more mature.... but I must do it.

So... this leads me to a small dilema. The dealer is giving me $3500.00 for the car and Kelly's blue book lists it for $7,390.00. I'm hoping to get something closer to 7k so, If there is anyone who really loves this car and is willing to give me close to the amount I'd like to sell it for please drop me an email: ekprintsos@aol.com.

I'd rather see it in hands of someone who loves and appreciates the car as I have, rather than at the dealers hands.

Some info on my baby:
1994 Black Pearl SVX Lsi - 94,000 miles - good condition - suede interior, moon roof, cd player, alloy wheels, rear spoiler, New transmission (still under warranty). Good condition, has a few bumps and bruises that can be easily fixed, but other than that it's in good condition.

If anyone is interested, Please email me ASAP as I'm hoping to find a good home for her within the next week or so otherwise she goes to the dealer.

GOOD HOME WANTED!
talk to you all soon.
Kathy
Old 04-24-2002, 01:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
This is terrible news, Kathy! You can't wait until after the anniversary meet in July?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-24-2002, 02:15 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
SAY IT AIN'T SO KAT!!!!

I can't stand the thought of seeing you in a "snootymobile!"

This really breaks my heart.

But, before you are forced to sell your car to the dealer, e-mail me. I certainly can't go close to 7, but, I may be able to do a little better than 3,500.

Of course, as far as your "looking sexy," hell, you'd even look sexy in "Pocket's" Justy!

But, it really does break my heart.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-24-2002, 02:20 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Kathy, is it Pearl w/ black top? or Black Mica?

Maybe if you could do like 4-5k....I might be able to convince my parents to get it for my brother
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 04-24-2002, 03:01 PM
ekprintsos

Hey guys,

yes it's true, sadly...

Bwana= black pearle w/ black top (let me know if your parents want to purchase it... it's a great car.. AS YOU ALREADY KNOW).

Aredubjay= it's not a snooty mobile... it's a cutie mobile...

Mr. Pockets= can't wait, need a new car right away.

I'm hoping to get a little over 5k for it..
kath
Old 04-24-2002, 03:10 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Well, it would be for my brother, and he's not even 16 yet, so I guess im gonna have to pass. Hope you get a lot for it!

(insert generic "sad you're leaving" message)

Stick around here! We'll miss you if you leave!
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 04-24-2002, 04:33 PM
Lowered SVX

i know the feeling Kat.....

i have honestly considered getting rid of mine as i have gone through this hassle and inconvenience this past month. but i miss the damn car more and more everyday. best of luck to you if you decide to sell it. but i promise you will miss it.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-24-2002, 06:21 PM
punisher

Hey Kathy,

Do you have a VIN# or a carfax report? Thanks!

Tom
Old 04-24-2002, 06:30 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by punisher
Hey Kathy,

Do you have a VIN# or a carfax report? Thanks!

Tom
WOW! A post that's on topic!!! What a refreshing change!

-Mike
Old 04-24-2002, 07:02 PM
punisher

Mike,

I like to bring order to this otherwise chaotic board. I'm a superhero (much like spiderman..whose movie will be out in a WEEK AND A HALF!!!)

Tom
Old 04-24-2002, 08:16 PM
ekprintsos

Hi All,
Thanks for your emails. I know that I will miss this car BAD!
I'm already having withdrawals and I haven't parted with it yet.

For the 3 of you that are interested in my baby... I will have all the information you require by late Saturday evening. I am dropping it off at the shop on Saturday morning for an oil change and I'm having it thoroughly checked over and will have a full report on what work may be needed to be done on the vehicle.
As you all know,
I did have a major problem w/the tranny which I finally got the dealer to take care of a year ago. They paid for a new tranny and the warranty on it hasn't expired yet.
Physical bumps and bruises: a cratch here and there, the wheels are chipping... need to be repainted... interior, the suede is in good condition, it has it's original floor mats (IN THE BEST CONDITION YOU COULD IMMAGINE) and that's because I have plastic mats over the originals and get new one's every year.... and durring the winter i get the mats that keep the snow and water in the grooves.....yes, I know, I'm anal about keeping my baby nice and clean. She will be getting a wax job next week (she does so once or twice a year (spring/fall). I'm her first and only owner... and she's proudly accumulated approximately 46 speeding tickets/warnings for me.

thank God I'm a girl!

anyhow, I'll have the vin # and more info for all of you by the end of Saturday. I'm hoping to find the best home for her - so that I can visit her once in a while... even if she'll be out of state!
I'M SO DAMN ATTACHED TO THIS CAR.

OHH AND GUYS, you better humor me when i'm up at 2, 4 or 6 AM crying and suffering from SVX withdrawals...
til saturday...
kat
Old 04-24-2002, 08:28 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
<<OHH AND GUYS, you better humor me when i'm up at 2, 4 or 6 AM crying and suffering from SVX withdrawals...
til saturday...>>

Humor You??? Kathy, you know us better than that. We will be screaming "WE TOLD YOU SO!!!"

and I really thought my harping you had convinced you to keep her...

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 04-24-2002, 08:36 PM
One teal and One yellow

too cheap!!

kathy,
i think your SVX shouldn't be worth only $3500. too cheap. you could definitely get more than that. at the right time, you can get at least $5k or more than $6k or higher. sorry for the rest...

since it's been with you so long, why don't you just keep it and get an extra car?? if you really want to sell, you could try trade-in. i just think the dealer pushed too low for you. my '92 LS-L w/ 55K on the clock. two months ago, i took it to a big dealer...assuming that i was going to trade my SVX for a very new full size pick up. they could pay my SVX for $6500!!!! but of course no....

well, i wish you get more or don't sell it.....
if i have enough room to park, i'll pay lot more to you than the dealer.... talk to you later,

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-24-2002, 08:41 PM
One teal and One yellow

even i don't know you well, kathy, you should keep her instead of selling her... could you just give up the 8yrs + relationship like that... /? buy another one and keep it.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 04-24-2002, 09:32 PM
punisher

Hey Hey Hey come on now!! Don't talk her out of selling the car! It's weird...cuz just yesterday I posted looking for a Black 94 LSI in good shape and now here it is. I'm definitely willing to pay more (possibly twice as much) than that crummy dealer is offering (unless there are major problems). Spread the joy! And plus, I think Kathy would get a lot of joy out of the knowledge that she'll be hooking up a young college bound guy with his dream svx at a price he can afford. I'd definitely take care of the car. My philosophy is if you take care of the car, it will take care of you. And I'd really need this car to take care of me. In my 2 years of driving, I've never gotten a ticket - I've never even been pulled over! Hopefully this car can change that! But if Kathy chooses to hold onto it...or even sell it to someone who isnt me, then that's cool too. It just means the SVX for me is still out there...somewhere...i just need to track it down.

Tom