Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2006, 04:11 PM

headlight mod

I found a pretty neat way to increase your lights,I cut my lenses off just the clear plastic part and cut some lexan plastic to fit inside of the housing close to the actually headlights giving the car a very mean look.Also our foglamps have a defuser over them,I removed that and they make awesome driving lights,bright lights are no longer needed.I was planning on buying the hid kit but next to my girl G35 they are bright enough for me and the side angle light is almost the same.I will get the 96-97 grill for a little better look but the car looks almost like a silvia s13 now up front. I paid over a thousand for lights 2years ago from subyparts,never again.The car is down anyways having the engine pulled so I am finding things to tinker with.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:44 PM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2
I found a pretty neat way to increase your lights,I cut my lenses off just the clear plastic part and cut some lexan plastic to fit inside of the housing close to the actually headlights giving the car a very mean look.Also our foglamps have a defuser over them,I removed that and they make awesome driving lights,bright lights are no longer needed.I was planning on buying the hid kit but next to my girl G35 they are bright enough for me and the side angle light is almost the same.I will get the 96-97 grill for a little better look but the car looks almost like a silvia s13 now up front. I paid over a thousand for lights 2years ago from subyparts,never again.The car is down anyways having the engine pulled so I am finding things to tinker with.
Got any pics of the headlight mod?

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 11-08-2006, 06:59 PM

yeah show us some picks sounds interesting
Old 11-08-2006, 08:22 PM

I guess Iwill invest in a camera,broke the first doing something crazy.I will see what I can do,right now I am sealing the lexan to the headlamp housing and will paint that gossy black to help highlight the shiny bezals around the lights.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:59 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITHOUT PICS

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:29 AM

Man how do you repond to a complete/ well I will not even waste my time.Its not like you have a different car but never mind,no help for the hopeless.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:19 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Man how do you repond to a complete/ well I will not even waste my time.Its not like you have a different car but never mind,no help for the hopeless.
??????? Man I was just kidding!!! didn't you see the below my statement???? Come on!!!!!!!!!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:35 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Yeah, I can't picture what plastic you were replacing with Lexan.... I'm interested.....need images
Old 11-09-2006, 08:37 AM

You do have a svx with plastics lenses correct,the exact replacement lenses you can buy from motorsportswarehouse,the only difference is I'm using lexan cut to the shape of the headlamp housing and placed close to the bulbs instead of further out next to the corner lamp for that sleek factory look.If you can't picture your svx headlights without the clear plactic lenses,wait until you have to replace themyou have three choices subyparts around 650 for both or 165 for just clear lenses from dayle or do it yourself which you will still have to cut off the lenses.I nearly forgot check the lenses sold by motorsports warehouse,I have that exact setup but my lense is next to the actual bulbs.I would have bought another camera but right now this jdm engine has my pockets drained,sorry.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:45 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
You're not worried about melting the lexan having it so close to the bulbs??
Old 11-09-2006, 09:44 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Lens Idea

So you are doing something similar to the internal lens on a 240Z and above?

That is the gist I get from this, but I can see the point of having pictures to better describe what you mean.

A Visual representation is always better for all us Ex-Military Puke Retards, who went in thinking............oops. Back to that again. Nah, not today. <

Thanks for the idea. Think I'll look at mine today and see if I can get a better feel for your idea.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:51 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
You're not worried about melting the lexan having it so close to the bulbs??
That's what I was thinking...although I suppose it'd look nice for a while.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
A while back another member "Andivic", carefully sanded off the dark portion from the end of the high beam bulb, leaving it perfectly clear. He said it gave him a lot more light.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 11-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Locker Link Solution

I imagine it looks like a rustang with compsites that have projectors in them I can picture it, don't think I'd like it, and don't think it'll last.

But if you like it and it saved ya money, I hope it lasts for ya! I mean as long as its safe, who cares what anyone else thinks It would still be interesting to see, cause sometimes no matter how good a feel you have for something...
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?