Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 01-09-2006, 09:15 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to welchy
Fix or Sell?

I've owned a pearl + Black 92 AWD / leather for three years here in NZ. I would like to sell it now due to a back injury that makes it very difficult to get in and out. Its a great car but it now needs an A/C compressor. Anyone have one handy or know where I can get one/import one at reasonable cost?

I could fix the car and sell her in NZ, or I could ship her to Aus and sell her there after waiting a few months (I'm an Aussie). Any opinions?

How much is an SVX worth in Aus? Perfect mechanically, recent bearings, cam belt, 190k, minor body blemishes. G/box done by previous careful owners.
Old 01-10-2006, 04:46 AM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
i'll be interested to see how much it would cost to get over to victoria(live 30min from a loading dock)
Old 01-10-2006, 08:20 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by welchy
I've owned a pearl + Black 92 AWD / leather for three years here in NZ. I would like to sell it now due to a back injury that makes it very difficult to get in and out. Its a great car but it now needs an A/C compressor. Anyone have one handy or know where I can get one/import one at reasonable cost?

I could fix the car and sell her in NZ, or I could ship her to Aus and sell her there after waiting a few months (I'm an Aussie). Any opinions?

How much is an SVX worth in Aus? Perfect mechanically, recent bearings, cam belt, 190k, minor body blemishes. G/box done by previous careful owners.
Sorry you are having to sell. I originally bought my first SVX because of back pain. The manual Camry I had was giving me trouble with the clutch leg, sending pain up my back because of a 2 hour commute, bumper to bumper. The SVX auto fixed all that.

An SVX is very low though if your back is bad. I can recommend a Forester Turbo as a good car to get into easily, and the JDM one my brother has with a pretty big turbo is quick enough! The JDM ones are nearly all auto too, which I like.

Other than the Forester, the absolute easiest car I ever had for getting into was an Opel Agila. They are town cars, you probably know them as a Suzuki Wagon R. They are totally uncool, the dumbest thing you ever saw, but you only have to park your bum and swivel to get in. They have a high roof, you barely have to duck, unless you're on the way to a wedding in top hat and tails

You might email these guys to ask about an AC compressor:
http://www.japparts.com.au/index.html

Best of luck

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 AM
Mr Soob

Hey champ, you'd be honestly looking at A$15,000 as a ballpark estimate. The kilometres would drag it down, but the need for a new A/C would lose you more money than you would otherise get for it if you replaced it IMHO.

So, $14,000~$15,000 is a decent deal for both parties.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178
Old 01-23-2006, 09:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to welchy
Shipping SVX to Oz...

Hey,
sorry so long in replying. Been away climbing a mountain - ok it was by ski-lift.
So you think if I managed to get her over to Oz I could be reasonably sure of getting 10k for her? If so I might check out the import regs and see if I can do it. You interested
Old 01-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Mr Soob

Quote:
Originally Posted by welchy
Hey,
sorry so long in replying. Been away climbing a mountain - ok it was by ski-lift.
So you think if I managed to get her over to Oz I could be reasonably sure of getting 10k for her? If so I might check out the import regs and see if I can do it. You interested
Sounds like a fair price, depending on condition. I'm unfortunately quite 'on the button' with prices, and I can give a fair estimate, but only in person.

From what you say, provided the interior is in good condition, it has all original gear (including rims), the wheel bearings aren't noisy and the gearbox is nice and tight.... yeah, you could pull $10k.

I saw a report for one in QLD that was price negotiated to $10k, but there was a lot of work required making it not wirth it IMHO. Essentially, for an SVX to be given a fair price, you really need to fix everything and get it ship-shape; THEN you'll maybe get a steady price for it. If work is required, people tend to avoid them, particularly because they expect that work and more to be required.
'93 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (55,000km, 1 previous owner) Not For Sale
'92 SVX Black on Burgundy > Completely stock, under preservation, treated like a princess. (144,000km, 2 previous owners) Not For Sale
Wife, Red Hot when riled > Treated like a princess. Minister For Finance, Domestic Affairs and Diplomatic Relations. Definitely Not For Sale
My Wanted List: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...178#post632178

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: