Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region

Old 06-21-2005, 06:03 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

autocrossing in Bay Area

Is anyone in the SF Bay Area interested in autocrossing their SVX? There have been some threads on autocrossing recently and people on the east coast seem to be showing interest in the driving events out there. I belong to the the local BMW club and SCCA. Both clubs allow me to bring a guest (you still have to the club autox registration fee). Usually about $30-$40.

The BMW event is great. You get twice as many runs as with SCCA (6 vs 3). Plus if you just want to try it, the bimmer club is very non-competitive and since the Subie is not a BMW, you will not have to classify the car. We get a few WRXs from time-to-time. One guy and his wife ran their stock Impreza RS last year. Lots of guys who run are also instructors and will be happy to drive with noobs. Very nice environment for first timers who want to get a feel for an autocross without that lost feeling people get at some SCCA events.

Just thought I would throw it out there to see if anyone is interested.

-Matt
Old 06-21-2005, 11:12 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
I might be interested if I can get my 325is or something else fixed, but I doubt it will happen this year, I really need a garage to fix it. Are you in BMWCCA or just locally?
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:13 AM

BMWCCA. We head down to Marina Arirport (near Monterey). About a 3rd of the cars attending are not BMWs. My friend takes his 400hp TransAm Firehawk. But we have everything from an occasional Z8 to a 2002 and 740il. The 7-series is too much fun to watch. We usually get an Evo or two. Would be nice to see Subarus show up more often. Would really like to see a SVX. Let me know.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:42 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Matt,
Good luck! I actually started autoX'ing with the local Mercedes Benz folks (thanks Harry!! aka NEWSVX) out here. You're definitely right on getting more runs and a more "relaxed" environment than SCCA. I'd love to still be running with the MB folks, unfortunately they lost the site they were using that was only about a 45 minute drive from my house (they now only run in Winchester, VA which is slightly more than 3 hours from my house )
Please post your results when you do run!!
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 06-23-2005, 10:41 AM

Bill:
Thanks for the support!

Autox with a local club is so much nicer than SCCA. Some of those guys are way serious and their cars are setup to take full advantage of the rules. Little guys like me have no chance. I did complete in DSP with the bimmer and finished mid-pack. Not bad considering everone else in DSP was on r-comps and I was on street tires. With the BMWCCA, I am tops in my class

With the number of WRX I see in the Bay Area, I figured there would be a Subaru club autox. I found nothing, however. If anyone knows of one, let me know.

-Matt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: