Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-18-2005, 10:23 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Scary Experience

This all started when a train was causing me to be late for work. (You can already see where this is going) So I was trying to make up some time as a result.

As I was pulling into my parking spot at work yesterday I was followed in by a police car with their lights on. I knew I was speeding (lots).

The officer came out of the car and asked me how fast I was going. In my head I was thinking, "Depends on how long you were following me". I responded with, "I don't know. I wasn't watching the speedometer."

"Yeah right", he responds, "Are you in a hurry?"

"Yes, I was late for work."

"Licence and registration."

I hand him my license and proceed to find the registration in my car. Checked in the glove box - not there but I found 2 copied of expired papers. The cop proceeds to check the expiry date on my plates. I check the back seat - not there. Now I'm getting a little worried. I know I have a copy of my registration ar home on my desk but that's of no use to me now. I check the console - not there either.

"No Registration?" the cop asks. I proceed to check the glove box once more - found it!

The cop points to the area between the rear of my hood and the windshield and says, "Smell here...that's the smell of an abused engine". I pretend to smell.

More thoughts run through my head, "Smells good!", "Great ain't it?" or "I love that smell". I said nothing.

Cops went back to their car and I sat nervously in mine. Time passed. Eventually they return and I get out. I didn't put my window down as my window was dirty and I didn't want to scratch it. The cop hands me my papers and responds, "I'm in training today so I can only give you a warning".

A huge sigh of relief goes through my whole body. This was the first time I've ever been pulled over for speeding...no warnings, no tickets...nothing! I asked the cop, "So, out of curiosity how fast was I actually going".

"None of your business!"

(Jerk)

Just before he does walk away he responds, "...more than 25 over the speed limit."

He gets in his car and drives off. I go into work.

My afterthoughts:
- they didn't actually catch me on radar as they couldn't give me an exact speed. They saw this UFO go flying by and had to rough up the driver a bit.
- as a result they made up the excuse of being in training as to why he couldn't give me a ticket.
- I was lucky because the ticket would have probably been +$500
- I was probably going over twice the speed limit at one point. (100kph+ in a 50)

Later at work I told a coworker my story and he responded that a verbal warning doesn't go on my file. He says it would only go on file if I had something on paper. I told him I have some evidence but I don't think soiled underwear would be admissible.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I told him I have some evidence but I don't think soiled underwear would be admissible.

Just don't WIPE! Then, it would be on paper!

Way to dodge the bullet!

Randy (averaging 1 ticket per year since owning the SVX )
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Which manual is "that" in??

Wow! You are a lucky guy. At first I was like 100??, then I saw the kph part.

So the secret is to go soooo fast, they don't have time to gun you... Got it!!

Is Bush in jail yet? (Looks frantically at watch, then back up) How about now? Now? Come onnnnnn...... Someone freeze me until January, this wait is killing me.
Update: 09 January, and still not in jail! Wassup??

1992 Teal LS-L - 160k (Now new and improved with perfect paint!)
Old 03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Bah, I got that beat. About 3 weeks ago, I got pulled over headed to work in the morning for no inspection (about a year overdue ). It took him almost 3 miles to catch me because of traffic (and I wasn't about to slow down, either), but he ended up catching me just before I was about to turn onto the highway. Damn. Considering fines for no inspeaction here are like $5/day after a month, I was crapping myself. Well, it turns out the cop was a buddy of mine, so after reminding him about the car I bought from him, he let me off with just a warning.

Fast forward 10hrs, after everyone I work with had a good laugh about it. I'm leaving work, with all my coworkers in tow, and I pass a Statey. Not again. Sure enough, he whips around and comes after me. Twice in one day, what are the chances? And, all my coworkers are driving by, laughing at me. So, he walks up to the car, and asks if I know why he pulled me over. I hand him the warning and say "I would assume this." He hands it back and says "Get it done, have a nice day." I never even saw his face, and total stop time was less than 2min. As soon as he was out of sight, I promptly caught up to all my coworkers, and flipped them off one at a time.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 03-18-2005, 11:57 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Hey Dave you need flex hours.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:01 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredubjay
Randy (averaging 1 ticket per year since owning the SVX )
I liked your story about the Taurus. 'He should have waited until I passed him - he could have caught me doing 90,' was what you told us, I believe.

I haven't been ticketed for a moving violation since I bought the SVX in '99. That's not for lack of trying, as some of you know from my Vermont stories.

I don't really speed much at all any more. I almost always drive 5 or less over, and practically never more than 10 over.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-18-2005, 03:06 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
I liked your story about the Taurus. 'He should have waited until I passed him - he could have caught me doing 90,' was what you told us, I believe.
LOL! Yep, that's exactly what I said. I really was setting up to pass the guy when we met the trooper going the opposite direction. I knew a straight stretch was coming up. Oh well. Live and learn. That has been my last violation -- I've slowed down a bit and hover somewhere around 10 over now.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-18-2005, 08:14 PM
SVX Appeal

I got popped last night. The ticket says 75 in a 50. It's the first time I've ever been completely sure the cop was just making up numbers. There was plenty of traffic between me and his radar gun and I never dropped below 80 until after I saw him way behind me trying to catch up. The ticket was less than $200. I really thought it'd be more. I guess he was just trying to teach me a lesson. "Drive safe," he says. "I was," I reply.

Dodging radar is one thing. Cops conjuring numbers out of thin air is another. I'm not really sure how to combat this crooked tactic.

Gotta call my lawyer tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to awdsvxh6
i hadent had my svx for a month and i got pulled over by a police camaro and i was going 55 in a 25 also a school zone. then i got pulled over big time one night i decided to be stupid and street race and got my ass chewed off for that.1. had to watch my car get put onto a wrecker( but the others guys was behind like it should be)2. was at jail until 3 in the morning waitin for my paretns to decide if i was gonna stay or go hoe, went home 210- on bail 3. went to court lose my license for 6 months probation for 12 months had reckless driving raceing on highway and improper start but i told the judge my car is awd and it wont spin tires on dry pavement and she said fine thats gone and left me with the reckless drivin.

all and all it could of been worse since i was going 120mph in a 55 but the cops didnt write that one down or it would of been gone alot longer.

this is my car http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/672742 and the tickets are at the bottom.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:28 PM

oh yeah $750 in fines alone not including my transmission went out shortly after which cost 2800, so i think i have learned my lesson with this whle racing ordeal
Old 03-19-2005, 01:34 PM
SVX Appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdsvxh6
...i think i have learned my lesson with this whle racing ordeal
You're not gonna let the man bring you down are ya?
Old 03-19-2005, 02:13 PM

i got 12 months probation i cant mess up again until i am off it and did i mention im only 17 and im just now turning 18 this coming week? im already in debt with this car and that mad it worse, but i still love her
Old 03-19-2005, 10:27 PM

<<I got popped last night. The ticket says 75 in a 50. It's the first time I've ever been completely sure the cop was just making up numbers. There was plenty of traffic between me and his radar gun and I never dropped below 80 until after I saw him way behind me trying to catch up. The ticket was less than $200. I really thought it'd be more. I guess he was just trying to teach me a lesson. "Drive safe," he says. "I was," I reply.
Dodging radar is one thing. Cops conjuring numbers out of thin air is another. I'm not really sure how to combat this crooked tactic.
Gotta call my lawyer tomorrow.>>

so let me get this straight? the cop gives you a break by writing you for 25 over when your really doing at least 30 over and you have a problem with that? i don't get it?
Old 03-20-2005, 02:55 AM
One teal and One yellow

You really had the good luck.

Perhaps speeding too much or way too much over the speed limits
is not a good idea...

One of my "five points" will be taken off this coming april. Then I will
be drop down to "three points" and I think "this three points" shld be
cleaned off this year. I had a highest limit of "eleven points".

Gotta learn watch the speedometer more...sometimes just didn't pay
much attentions..

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 03-20-2005, 03:33 PM
Superbeast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Gotta learn watch the speedometer more...sometimes just didn't pay
much attentions..

Well you gotta keep your eyes on the road when doing 90 in a 35.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!