Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-27-2004, 02:42 PM

SIGHTING -- Laguna Blue SVX in Jacksonville, FL

Well, seems I have my first sighting under my belt. I'll tell you how it happened.

My father, my little brother, and I are getting NAUI Open water certified to dive down to depths of anywhere above 60 feet. We've been working hard on this course for the past while, did our checkouts in Key Largo, and have had pretty much a blast the entire time. Diving is great, but a very equipment/cost intensive sport. We live in St. Augustine, Florida, and the dive shop where we are doing our certs is in Jacksonville. We did our check out dives, as I said, and now it is time to go and do our test.

Alright, well, it is now July 26th, 2004, time to take our tests. I, of course, haven't studied, but come on, once you hear this stuff it is kind of stuck with you forever. You don't really forget it. Except for maybe how to run a NAUI dive table.. But I've got the jist of that. Anyway, back to the story. We load up into my father's GMC Yukon XL (because my car is low on gas and he doesn't like to ride in it. =/) and start on our way. We get on US-1 to 9A, and from 9A we get on Beach Blvd. I'm crusing along and out of the corner of my eye I see a mock-headlight. I say to myself..

"Hey, self, that mock light looks exactly like the light on your SVX!" So, I look further while slowing down.. Look up, see the laguna blue hood and the black Subaru emblem and I am like..

"Hey, self, that looks like its a Subaru. Mock light, SVX front, Subaru emblem..."

Then, I exclaim loudly whilist driving, "OMG! A SVX! SOMEONE HAS A SVX!" and I point at it. One of these days I'll learn to watch traffic. I had to slam on brakes to avoid hitting the person in front of me, but it was worth it. My dad was looking for it too, but then he was scolding me for almost destroying the little Mazda Miata infront of us. Damn little car.

Anyway, here is the basic rundown.

5:45 PMish or so I spotted a Laguna Blue SVX. It looked to be a 1992, but I can't really tell the difference. I'm not that experienced in the ways of the SVXYness, but I'm working on it. The sighting was in Jacksonville, Florida on Beach Blvd. If you drive a blue SVX out here and you witnessed a GMC Yukon XL almost trash the hell out of a Miata, I have something to say to you.

Hi

130k miles when I bought her May 28th

June 10th, 2004 -- Never forget. Well, at least I won't =( *Mourns for his rear-quarter panel*

September 20, 2005 -- The day she finally gave up the fight

April 25th, 2006 -- Bought another SVX!

'92 Teal on Black Subaru SVX LS-L with the touring package. 133k miles when bought on April 25th.

... 135908 as of May 7th =)
Old 07-28-2004, 12:34 PM

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneGirly
thats cool!
Wish i could run into another laguna blue svx driving around myself. Id try to get next to them to.

I think since you saw a laguna blue car, it has to be a 94 or newer. Correct me if im wrong anyone.

94 Svx Lsi-Black over Laguna Blue Pearl (see pics in my locker)
00 Yamaha Banshee-Yamaha Blue
Old 07-28-2004, 01:49 PM
Unstoppable

Heh, I don't even own one (yet) and whenever I see one, I yell it out. I saw one 2 weeks ago at the grocery store, as a matter of fact. Silver, almost sounded like it had a fart can on it.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin