Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 07:06 PM

New Plates

I've decided to order some new plates now that i'm feeling so patriotic and proud of my svx!

Its so invigorating seeing others i now feel like i have a new lease of life and desire for my car.... well not that extreme

Just checked out the rta website and looks like

SVX095 is available and so is

SVX51K do u get it? mayb its not quite obvious (sik)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i plan to order them tonight- hopefully they'll be ready in time for Kiama.

Cheers, Moshol
Old 11-09-2003, 08:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Re: New Plates

Quote:
Originally posted by moshols vx
I've decided to order some new plates now that i'm feeling so patriotic and proud of my svx!

Its so invigorating seeing others i now feel like i have a new lease of life and desire for my car.... well not that extreme

Just checked out the rta website and looks like

SVX095 is available and so is

SVX51K do u get it? mayb its not quite obvious (sik)

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as i plan to order them tonight- hopefully they'll be ready in time for Kiama.

Cheers, Moshol
I'd go for SVX-095 - I was going to get SVX092 but a car up in Dural has those (saw it once a few years ago)

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-10-2003, 05:39 AM

New Plate

Hi,

I agree with James on your plate choices.

However when I spoke to the guy with the Black SVX, at Sunnybank Hills in Brissie, he thought that his plate 93 SVX was a bit of a downer. His thoughts were that it gave the age of his car away, he was quite happy letting people think it was Subaru's newest addition to their range.

As he said the car design certainly still looks current. Just something you may want to consider, personally I'd go with the year

Regards

Kenn
Old 11-10-2003, 05:54 AM

The reverse is that showing the age shows how advanced the design was (and is!)

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-10-2003, 05:25 PM

Rude Drivers

Thanks for the advice

I agree with both of you (Ken & James) - giving away age of car is a plus and a minus. Have decided to go for SVX 51K because i like the ambiguity. Order shall be placed shortly!

On another note, can i just say how good it feels when you get some revenge on rude drivers. This morning on epping road a bus had broken down in the left hand lane in fron of me and everyone was merging. svx picked her place to merge and was trying to bust into next lane as stony faced guy sat right on the bumper of the car in front. For about 15 metres i was alongside of him trying to get in & then i gave up.

He drove into my uni carpark with me hot on his tail and parked, i went to the other side of the carpark and wrote a note informing him to 'kindly learn some road manners, wanker' and placed it under his windscreen. Oh it felt so good!

Only problem is, i have the only svx in the carpark and it kind of stands out so i'll be driving my sisters car for my final few days of uni

Moshol

Hey James, did Blake have any luck with the photos of Sat night?
Old 11-10-2003, 06:32 PM

Well done (I presume it means SVX Sick?? or I am missing something?

That is the only downside of the SVX - have to be careful about road rage - inthe Camry I would just drive in, wave and toot my horn for insurance purposes (ie, other driver now aware) and voila - contributory negligence

They normally back off then....but now with 'JFD' only plates, I can't do that anymore!

*yay for 30/11/03 - I cannot wait!*

Don't forget to bring a camera/video - I will upload Blake's photos to my locker tonite - was too tired last night

Old 11-10-2003, 11:41 PM

What a fine sydney day!

Went to the beach to study and am suprised that i didn't really get anything done. I have decided to join the 'leave the svx in the garage and only take out for special occasions' club.

Headed out in my sisters gemini this afternoon (it started after 4 goes), filled it up w petrol & went to car lovers which was full of skylines- damn, it always happens when u don't have THE car with you! At least i didn't see an svx.

My sister is overseas for the next 3 months so i should get some good garage sv polishing achieved by the time she returns

Back to work!
Moshol

Am pumped for 30th....just need a digital camera
Old 11-12-2003, 05:34 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
Greetings fellow cruisers
Just thought I'd make it official that I will be trying my hardest to be on the tour to Bowral 30.11.03 (try writing that backwards!)
I just hope I can keep mine going till then, as I've been having a bit of a bad luck of late
If my bad luck keeps up, this will be my last drive before becoming a pedestrian for three months
Will be grovelling before a magistrate on 5th Dec.
Have meanwhile been trying to chase down all manner of faults with the engine, ultimately pointing to a worn TPS, you won't beleive how many things go wrong when that thing dies!
Add to that, Subaru Aust wants about $424.70 for a replacement
Followed by Motorsport Warehouse in the states trying to sell me one for $225US
Down to SubaruParts.com asking $155US, this sure as hell is one expensive little electrical pot!
Having complained about all the above costs, I decided to try a bit of Retail Therapy and buy myself some customized number plates.
If all goes to plan I should end up with; SVX.092 as white letters on a red background (see attachment)
I was looking for 33FLAT6 but it had too many digits, also if you go away from the standard three letter/three number format, the price goes from $70 per year (on top of rego!) to $470 per year
I think I'm going to run out of EEK faces
As for the TPS, I've given it a clean with some of that pressure pack electrical contact cleaner.
Will have to keep fingers crossed
Arthur
Attached Images
File Type: gif plates.gif (13.2 KB, 110 views)
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!