Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2001, 11:40 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Gripe!

I bought Bridgestone (Portenza RE910) tires last year at a Firestone dealer. Mostly because he was close and I wanted easy access to balancing and rotating. BOY was THAT a mistake. NEVER AGAIN!

After they mounted the new tires they balanced the tires several times and it was never been quite right.

Finally took it to the dealer and lo-and-behold I have a huge dent in my rim. It was clearly visible after you took the wheel off.

Do these places that 'specialize' in tires hire blind employees! They could have killed me. I almost feel like going to them to complain that my tire was at risk of seperating from the rim because of the dent!

The dent is all better now. Had it de-dented for 80 bucks.

I'm learning more and more about my baby's previous owner........and about my escalating lack of trust.

Next time maybe I'll just break down and a buy new car....no wait I can't do that. I just can't see myself in ANYTHING else but my beloved SVX!!!! I just can't bare to think 10-20 years down the road when I'll have to retire my SVX.
Old 08-03-2001, 01:03 PM
Member Incognito

Registered SVX
Re: Gripe!

Quote:
Originally posted by jscorse
... Finally took it to the dealer and lo-and-behold I have a huge dent in my rim. It was clearly visible after you took the wheel off.

Do these places that 'specialize' in tires hire blind employees! They could have killed me. I almost feel like going to them to complain that my tire was at risk of seperating from the rim because of the dent!
The tire place you went to more than likely couldn't repair the dent. Unfortunately, there are very few of those wheel straightening places around. I'm lucky to have one about 1/2 an hour or so away from where I live, so now I just order tires through Tire Rack and have them shipped to Ye Olde Wheel Shop -- the place near me -- and have them check for bends and repair them and mount & balance new tires. I'd be willing to bet almost anything that if the place you went to could have charged you extra to repair the wheel and had the equipment on hand, they would have said something.

"Flossie" - 92 black over pearl LS-L (sold)
"Gorgeous George" - 98 Audi A8 (traded)
"Gorgeous Genny" - 02 Audi S8 (sold)
"Green Giant" - 00 Land Rover Disco II
"Grey Wülf" - 05 Volvo S60 R
"Silver Surfer" - 92 black over liquid silver LS-L
"9 of 7" - 97 bordeaux pearl, formerly with Earl Steele