Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-04-2002, 05:19 PM
I hate stupid people!

Send a message via AIM to BoominSVX
Can Someone PLEASE help me??

I have my car in my garage, it's been there for 3 hours now. I went into market basket to see a friend that works there. My alarm worked fine when I went in. I came out, disarmed it, and attempted to open the door, but it wouldn't open. I could turn the key, but not unlock it. I had to use the key on the passenger door and go in that way, but the door look wouldn't lift on the drivers side. When I pulled up the door opener, it just went right ahead and opened. Now it's stuck in the unlock position. I can't even force it down. When I push the passenger side one down, it doesn't make the sound of the vacume locks that it did before. I did attempt to give it a jolt to the wire that triggers the lock, but nothing happened. I also took the door apart and all the rods are still in place, no wires unplugged either. Someone please give me a point in the right direction and a little good news
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 11-04-2002, 09:04 PM
I hate stupid people!

OK, I don't know if it was loose wires or what, but I took the door latch assembly right out of the door, and tested it on the bench. I knew the top right wire was the ground, so I put it on and touched the lock side. It shot a little bit of....well...no, it shot a nice spark out actually, but when I looked at it again, it was in the locked position. I put it back in the car and it was working perfectly again. This is just another insane co-inky-dink that I have had with that car. It's almost as if she likes when I touch her. I know you guys are going to start looking for me to say that my car goes 250 mph and has a 7 second 0-60 time, but I'm not a BS'er. I just let you know how things turn out, Crazy or not. Thanks anyway guys.

Maybe if I throw marbles down my Throttle Body, She'll start runnin like new again.
92 SVX LSL, Ebony Mica/Grey leather, K&N Cone, Pioneer Dehp-7300 premier, White Guages, Radar detector, Volfenhag VDX 12's, Memphis ST1000D digital amp, CompuSTAR 2000AS 2 way paging alarm with visual confirmation, and auto start. Cell Holder, Xenon (Ebay) bulbs in highs lows and fogs, Wire loom in engine bay, and a kitchen sink complete with soap dispensor and soap scum.
Old 11-05-2002, 05:20 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

The door switch / lock may be on the way out. Sounds as though the solenoid locked up.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:26 PM
I hate stupid people!

Yeah, that;s probablly the case, I guess I can'tdo anything except wait and see if it dies again. This time I'll just go get a used one to replace it. Thanks.