Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 11-06-2009, 01:37 PM

Smile Wiring Diagram for UK Keyless Entry CU.

Hi - I'm planning to fit an after-market remote control central door lock/unlock system. My original IR key no longer works. I have located the control unit behind the rear RHS trim panel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a UK wiring diagram for the keyless entry control unit for a 1996 SVX. I have been through the lockers and found a USDM version but looks quite different.

Can anyone help, please?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Wiring Diagram for UK Keyless Entry CU.

Roger

To the best of my knowledge nobody has ever done any work on the factory fit infra red keyless entry. Leastways I don't remember ever seeing a thread dealing with this, but I'm not online 24/7 so possibly something slipped my attention.

I have a WSM from the '92 Australian models. I suspect the wiring and the key entry system and control module are similar to the '96 and probably exactly the same.

Currently my wiring manual is with Graham in Taunton. If you want to borrow it say the word and I can arrange for you to collect it.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-07-2009, 12:24 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
Roger

To the best of my knowledge nobody has ever done any work on the factory fit infra red keyless entry. Leastways I don't remember ever seeing a thread dealing with this, but I'm not online 24/7 so possibly something slipped my attention.

I have a WSM from the '92 Australian models. I suspect the wiring and the key entry system and control module are similar to the '96 and probably exactly the same.

Currently my wiring manual is with Graham in Taunton. If you want to borrow it say the word and I can arrange for you to collect it.

Joe
There is nothing in the Aust manual. Nothing in the wiring manual either. Guess it was an option that was incluided.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:31 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
There is nothing in the Aust manual. Nothing in the wiring manual either. Guess it was an option that was incluided.

Harvey.
Harvey, when you say "There is nothing" does it not even show wiring and wire colours to and from the control module?

I've never checked this myself, my manual is in England to aid wiring on the CXD model, and I've not seen it for a while.

Do you mean that there is no chapter or explanatory section?

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-11-2009, 11:56 AM

Thanks Joe and Harvey for looking. In the absence of the wiring diagram, I will interrogate the Keyless Entry CU as best I can - if I come up with any useful info I will pass it on.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:22 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by M30SVX View Post
Thanks Joe and Harvey for looking. In the absence of the wiring diagram, I will interrogate the Keyless Entry CU as best I can - if I come up with any useful info I will pass it on.
No probs. As I said if you want the benefit of the wiring manual to aid your search, I'll arrange for Graham to loan it to you.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Joe - thanks for the offer of borrowing your Aust. manual. Taunton is about 100 miles away and will probably have to wait until I next go up that way.

I've done a search on the forum posts and come up with a 'security system' pdf which shows a very useful schematic of the 17 wire plug that goes into the security module (page 6-2 (W11B1)) - unfortunately it's the USA version with the full car alarm so almost certainly not anything like the UK IR keyless entry version.

Harvey (if you read this) - could you confirm whether or not the Australian manual has anything like this?

With the after-market remote central locking unit that I have now bought, I really just need to know which wires to connect into to lock and unlock the door locks.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Joe - thanks for the offer of borrowing your Aust. manual. Taunton is about 100 miles away and will probably have to wait until I next go up that way.

I've done a search on the forum posts and come up with a 'security system' pdf which shows a very useful schematic of the 17 wire plug that goes into the security module (page 6-2 (W11B1)) - unfortunately it's the USA version with the full car alarm so almost certainly not anything like the UK IR keyless entry version.

Harvey (if you read this) - could you confirm whether or not the Australian manual has anything like this?

With the after-market remote central locking unit that I have now bought, I really just need to know which wires to connect into to lock and unlock the door locks.
I would like to be able to scan it for you, but there is absolutely nothing in there. Our book 6 only goes to Page 6-2(W1100.) We don't have a security unit in the Aust model.
Sorry mate. Harvey.

Old 11-14-2009, 07:45 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by oab_au View Post
I would like to be able to scan it for you, but there is absolutely nothing in there. Our book 6 only goes to Page 6-2(W1100.) We don't have a security unit in the Aust model.
Sorry mate. Harvey.
Harvey, even though there is no security module, is there not a diagram showing the wiring of the central locking?

All Roger wants to do is identify what wires trigger the central locking so he can connect them to his new security module.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 11-14-2009, 08:07 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

OK, stick around a bit, and I'll scan it.
Might be a bit longer than that. My scaner/printer won't scan because the printer has run out of ink. I'll do it tomorrow.

Harvey.

Last edited by oab_au; 11-14-2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: No Ink!!!
Old 11-17-2009, 08:08 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Hi - I'm planning to fit an after-market remote control central door lock/unlock system. My original IR key no longer works. I have located the control unit behind the rear RHS trim panel.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a UK wiring diagram for the keyless entry control unit for a 1996 SVX. I have been through the lockers and found a USDM version but looks quite different.

Can anyone help, please?
I see that you are still in limbo.

I have a Japanese market right hand drive model and have always had a problem with the door unlocking system. If the passenger tries to unlock their door in advance of the driver unlocking theirs, the result is a confused interlocking of the controls. Both passenger and driver must again lock their door and the driver make the first move in order to achieve correct unlocking. This problem could have dangerous consequences, as a result of confusion in the case of an accident, so that I have gone to some lengths in analysing the circuit involved.

The manuals I have show only right hand drive cars, arranged with internal manual operation of the drivers door lock, coupled to two change over switches, arranged to sense and indicate open close movement of the manual control. The passenger door can be opened manually with the same sort of lift up lever, and also electrically via the drivers lever door switches. The set up provides for “central locking” via the drivers door.

My JDM car has a door handle operated coded unlocking system, as well as an infrared key. As I understand it cars for some markets have a separate unlock switch on the dash or console. On top of this there is the complication of some cars being fitted with a security system. The overall result of all this, is good reason for complete confusion.

Therefore any effort to find the answer called for utilising published data, it would appear is futile.

In order to facilitate an answer, please advise exact full details regarding the system involved. With this information on hand, I hope that I can be of practical assistance.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 11-17-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 12:42 PM

Hi Trevor - thanks for your interest. My UKDM car has a keyless entry system operated by an IR plip button in the centre of the ignition key. It does not have an alarm system like the US cars.
It sounds like your manual covers a basic central locking system without the keyless entry bit. However that may be useful to work out how the wiring is arranged for locking and unlocking the doors.

My central locking works fine manually with the key in the driver's door lock - it's just that the IR key button is shot - I've had it checked out and the chip is duff.

Also a very helpful parts guy at Ashburton Subaru is trying to get me a new plip key from Japan - he reckons that he should be able to programme it if he can get one. I'll put things on hold for a week or two to see if he comes up with one.

Also thanks to Joe and Harvey for your interest.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: