Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2009, 10:19 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf
4.11 trans and rear diff

The Trans is rebuilt that I bought and drove about 3k miles on. The rear diff is the one that was in my OBS when i got it. 150kish miles on my car. Putting in a V6 JDM STi RA trans so I have not need for these anymore. Have thought of putting them in the SVX but nah I'm leaving the original trans in for now. Anywho the rebuilt trans was also from a 97. Looking $400+ shipping. Let me know if anyone's interested.
AIM: drach187
email: drach187@yahoo.com
cell: 6033037439(texting me here is easiest want to get ahold of me)
PM
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 03-31-2009, 11:44 PM

Re: 4.11 trans and rear diff

I am SUUUUPER interested in the tranny. I already have a 4.11 LSD rear, so I don't need that. What's your price on just the tranny? Also, I would REALLY like some pictures because the last 4.11 tranny I bought does NOT work in the svx, so here I am with a JDM 4.11 autobox that I cannot use.

Please send pictures to nevinbontrager@gmail.com and we will be in touch. Thank you!

Home of the Bontrager Works 22mm rear sway bar!!
Old 04-01-2009, 01:32 PM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
I am SUUUUPER interested in the tranny. I already have a 4.11 LSD rear, so I don't need that. What's your price on just the tranny? Also, I would REALLY like some pictures because the last 4.11 tranny I bought does NOT work in the svx, so here I am with a JDM 4.11 autobox that I cannot use.

Please send pictures to nevinbontrager@gmail.com and we will be in touch. Thank you!
I'll get pics once I get a chance. the trans is actually still in the car as I have little space int he garage to safely place it much of anywhere. Along with I didn't get a chance to pull the engine and trans before snow blocked that side of the garage so i couldn't get the engine hoist in there to lift them out. I have no idea why any 4eat trans woudln't have mated up to your engine. That's just weird. I'll do the trans alone for $350+ what ever shipping arangements are made. Now that the snow's finally gone I'll hopefully get a chance to pull them out in the next 2 or so weeks so I can at least set my EZ30R into the engine bay rather than on the pallet. I"ll shoot you an email as soon as I get pics. If you want more angles or what ever past that just let me know and I"ll go squirming around.
-Gaddis
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 04-01-2009, 01:58 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
I'll get pics once I get a chance. the trans is actually still in the car as I have little space int he garage to safely place it much of anywhere. Along with I didn't get a chance to pull the engine and trans before snow blocked that side of the garage so i couldn't get the engine hoist in there to lift them out. I have no idea why any 4eat trans woudln't have mated up to your engine. That's just weird. I'll do the trans alone for $350+ what ever shipping arangements are made. Now that the snow's finally gone I'll hopefully get a chance to pull them out in the next 2 or so weeks so I can at least set my EZ30R into the engine bay rather than on the pallet. I"ll shoot you an email as soon as I get pics. If you want more angles or what ever past that just let me know and I"ll go squirming around.
-Gaddis

Nevin mistakenly sourced a JDM VTD (?) trans which requires additional wiring and a different TCU. Supposedly, nobody has used one successfully on EG33 to date
Old 04-01-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621 View Post
Nevin mistakenly sourced a JDM VTD (?) trans which requires additional wiring and a different TCU. Supposedly, nobody has used one successfully on EG33 to date

This is true. And frankly, it's a shame because I would rather use it. When I had it apart, the wiring seemed the same though, and I was sold a TCU with the tranny. It appeared that the only different thing was that the rear tranny mount was a different shape and wouldn't fit.

If I could find that mount off of one of our AU or JP friends, I would almost be willing to give that tranny a whirl again. If someone has conclusive evidence that the wiring itself is indeed different, I'd probably not try it though...

Old 04-01-2009, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphinwolf View Post
-Gaddis
Well, I'll have to think about it. $350 seems a bit steep, but I admittedly did get a pretty good deal on the last one at $250. Do you have any of the receipts or paperwork that came with the rebuild?

I'd say I'm a definite MAYBE, and if you don't have it out of the car yet that's no big deal. I'm not in a huge hurry myself as my tranny currently works just fine. I would like to hit a 14 this season though, and this would definitely help make it happen.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:05 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
Well, I'll have to think about it. $350 seems a bit steep, but I admittedly did get a pretty good deal on the last one at $250. Do you have any of the receipts or paperwork that came with the rebuild?

I'd say I'm a definite MAYBE, and if you don't have it out of the car yet that's no big deal. I'm not in a huge hurry myself as my tranny currently works just fine. I would like to hit a 14 this season though, and this would definitely help make it happen.
Sorry I've been laxxing on replying. I don't have the papers form the rebuild as I never even saw them. It was a last minute and lucky find through a friend who's uncle could find one and it shifted hands a few times before I even saw it. I didn't even see it in person till I was loading it with the car onto a tow truck to bring over to a trans guy to have it installed. I do have that receipt if you want to have a copy though for what it's worth. I'm hoping to clear around the car this Sunday and have everything cleared around it to be able to pull the engine and trans out. Maybe even get time to mount in the my EZ for if I get a chance to send the car somewhere to get headers made.(Another grand I don't have but need to spend if the car's ever gonna move again)
-Gaddis

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis