How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-23-2008, 06:51 PM
building more AK47's

Should I pursue this?

Well over the past 15 years I have suffered from mild psoriasis. I have tried every type of medicine to help with the pain and personally sick of wearing a tshirt to the pool. Over the past month I tried the home remedy route, researched on the internet for treatments and came to my own "remedy", to make a long story short it works-practically cleared up in 3 weeks-no painful burning or itching and all of the ingreidients are already FDA approved safe and proven individually-just mixed the 3 together. Should I contact a phramacutical company and present this to them-of course without telling them what is in it until a contract or patent is signed. I want to help others with this because I know how I felt with it. What do you guys think?
Old 06-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Should I pursue this?

Congratulations! But you raise an interesting question. How do you go about this with out getting screwed by the man.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:42 PM
SVXless

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby View Post
Congratulations! But you raise an interesting question. How do you go about this with out getting screwed by the man.
Tell the man and if he screws you... find out where he lives.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx View Post
Well over the past 15 years I have suffered from mild psoriasis. I have tried every type of medicine to help with the pain and personally sick of wearing a tshirt to the pool. Over the past month I tried the home remedy route, researched on the internet for treatments and came to my own "remedy", to make a long story short it works-practically cleared up in 3 weeks-no painful burning or itching and all of the ingreidients are already FDA approved safe and proven individually-just mixed the 3 together. Should I contact a phramacutical company and present this to them-of course without telling them what is in it until a contract or patent is signed. I want to help others with this because I know how I felt with it. What do you guys think?
Psoriasis is very difficult to cure, practically impossible sometimes. If your cure works, the world needs it.

Just in broad terms your miracle cure is going nowhere without clinical trials. Before a drug is submitted to the FDA for ratification it must be submitted to long and rigorous clinical trials on numbers of people. This is to ensure it works or is effective on a high percentage of people, and at the same time to ensure there are no noted negative side effects. Such clinical drug trials cost money.

On another point you have mixed three substances to get your active cure. There may be interactive chemistry between substances A and C and B is doing nothing, or between B and C and A is inactive, you catch my drift. Or at a more complex level, assuming your three ingredients are not simple chemicals, it could be catalytic action between components of the three substances, this would need to be replicated in a controlled chemical and understood fashion before an active drug could hope to be manufactured and marketed. I hope you have kept a pretty exact record of the percentages of the three substances you used for the mixture.

I'm not saying any of the above to put you off, it is to inform you of the likely process of verification for the cure you have found.

Before you approach any pharmaceuticals outfit my advice is you first go to some patents people and put a preliminary patent on your mixture. If you have no hold in place on your formula the drugs people will just screw you.

You may also find out by asking in the right places that some drugs companies will be good to approach and others can be sharks, bury your idea for a couple of years then bring it back under a different disguise. You must tread carefully.

Congratulations, BTW, I'm pleased to hear your home remedy worked.

Best of luck with getting it commercial.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: