Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 11-30-2007, 12:25 PM

Rough Acceleration

Okay I though I would share my experiance in fixing this problem.
When I put my foot down from a standing start the engine would run rough as it accelerated up to cruise speed in addiation the fuel economy was pretty bad. Now I have the problem fixed and the car accelerates completly smoth as well as giving excellent fuel economy as well as a lot more power.

What I did was unplug both O2 sensors and up came the CE light which you need to ignore. Drive the car for a while and see if the fuel economy improves and there is a noticiable improvement in the cars acceleration. In my case this was so. I replace both O2 units and life was better but not perfect.
Over the last year the engine has started to lose power and get a lot rougher when I accelerated and I thought it my have been the O2's again. I disconnected them and there was no change. I was reading an other thread and someone (I think it was Tom) was suggesting that he had had trouble with the cam angle sensor so I replaced it last weekend. It was the final part in the jigsaw now the car runs perfect.
What is increiable is the engine has 430,000k on it and now it runs perfect like a new engine. Low end power is incrediable

So guys if anyone has a similar problem why don't you let us know and I will be happy to work through the issues with you to try and fix the problem.
Tony
1995 - SVX 700,000 K Mine, DMS Struts to lift car 2in. Tyres Wrangler Silent Armor 235/70R16, PBR Radiator. 6 speed with DCCD and R180 rer diff, Heavy duty top strut mounts front and rear. Speedo correction box fitted. New stero (gave up on the old one). Back seat removed and 2 spare tyres fitted for desert driving. ECUTune SC sitting in the box for the next SVX.
1992 - SVX 255 K Wife (Want to stay Married so not allowed to fit SC)
1992 - SVX Pearl with black roof race car roll cauge etc ready to race. Ex Tasman Targa car.
1995 - SVX Green low k mint condiation.
1995 - SVX Rally car, ex Matts car. Now to be used on track.
1992 - SVX red & Black being converted to Mid Engine.
1995 - SVX Red 143,000 bit rough.
Owned 5 others Subaru back to a 1974 1400 GSR.