Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-10-2007, 12:44 PM

Question Steering Wheel Woes

So does the SVX steering wheel only have one position other then telescopic? Is there a mod someone has so it isnt so low?? The steering wheel sits on my theighs

Thank you for any help provided
Old 10-10-2007, 12:48 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
Yes. Look under the steering column and you should see another lever. That will set it for you so you can tilt it. Once you set it , that will be the same position every time you pull it down.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 10-10-2007, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Yes. Look under the steering column and you should see another lever. That will set it for you so you can tilt it. Once you set it , that will be the same position every time you pull it down.
Ok so there is 3 levers?? Or 2 and an adjustment area? Does anyone have any pics that could help me out?

Thank you all
Old 10-10-2007, 02:14 PM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
just lie down with the back of your head on the floormat, looking up at the bottom of the steering wheel, you'll see it, along with a little lever that will let you eject the key if the gear selector is stuck in something besides 'P'.

There are three levers, the telescoper, the memory lifter, and the up/down lever, the latter being under the steering wheel. My PO wasn't aware of this one
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
OK I am at work so I cannot give you pictures but if my memory serves me here are the locations: "picture this" the steering column, on the left there is a lever that I think says up/down? It is the lever that you use to get out of the car. When you lift on that lever it should move the wheel up. So if I am correct when you get back in the car and pull down on tthe wheel it goes all the way down to your lap? Then there is another lever on the left under the column that allows you to telescope the wheel. Now there is one more lever. It is under the column, to the "right" of these levers closest to the dashboard. Get in the car and with the wheel all the way up( like it would be when you go to get out of the car), now pull that lever nearest the dashboard( I believe it goes towards you) and push down on the steering to a spot that is comfortable for you ( it should click into many positions) and that is your setting so now everytime you get out of the car and release the up/down lever and then get back in and pull down on the steering it will "remember" the setting.
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 10-10-2007, 03:04 PM

All of you are awesome on this form thank you so much As you know Im new to the form also a new SVX owner (finally found one muahahahaha) So yeah Ill be asking random questions from time to time thank you all again and one day I hope to meet someone else with a SVX

Thx for the resolution