How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-19-2002, 05:40 PM
gogto

Smile tires

Hi, just wanted to pass along a tip you all may already know about purchasing tires in the California bay area or where ever there is a "Tires Plus" location.

I searched the forum and someone was recommending a Yokohama AVS intermediate tire on closeout at Tirerack. I wanted these and was about to make an appointment at one of their installers when I went to check the prices on the "Tires Plus" formerlly Wheel Works tire site and ran across their price matching program.

I was able to get the same tire price as Tire Rack plus around $35 per tire for mounting, lifetime balancing and rotation, free flat fix, California disposal fees, valve stems, and tax. If you take the shipping charge of $9 plus the $10-$20 mounting / balancing fee at the independent installer, for at most $16 per tire you can get the lifetime balance, rotation, flat fixing, and tax credit.

With the Yoko's at $60 @20k AAA it's the best traction tire I've gotten so far in my 136k miles on my 92' and better than my previous Pirelli 7000 supersports. (at least 5 to 8 mph faster on freeway entrance cloverleafs without any squeal)

Hope this helps someone out there. It took me about three weeks to research this method.

George.