Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-02-2001, 08:25 AM
John19688

I have updated my web page to show the latest progress on the 1/43 scale diecast metal model of the SVX. It's almost ready to go and there are pictures of the finished, painted prototype on my website. I have 223 orders for the model!

For those who have reserved a model or two already, I am working on two ways to request the specifics and money from you. One way will be completely paper-based (print a PDF document, fill it out, enclose a check, and mail it to me); the other way will be completely electronic (I'm adding a shopping cart feature to my site that will allow you to select your model(s) options and pay with PayPal)

http://www.subarusvx.com/model.html
Old 05-02-2001, 10:34 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Talking Speechless

I see 11 views with no replies yet. I think we're all speechless. This is great John!

Now I'm in a serious debate with myself.

Unpainted or painted?

I'd LOVE to build and paint my OWN model but I'm not such a good painter. Maybe I'll get one of each.
Old 05-02-2001, 04:38 PM
joeaux

Talking

Like I've said before John; "You're the man!" I can't wait to get mine.
-joe-
Old 05-14-2001, 10:48 AM
John19688

Thumbs up Newest Picture from England

Here's the latest picture from Milestone Miniatures in England. They made another completed version of the SVX model. It looks great!

If you haven't ordered yours yet, get in line. I'll have real "show me the money" order forms in the next week and orders will begin shipping in June.

http://www.subarusvx.com/model.html

A note on the color: the color of the model Milestone Miniatures selected was of their own choosing. I know it is not a stock SVX color. I will be doing the color matching for the actual assembled models and they will be based on the color strips from SVX brochures I have.
Old 05-14-2001, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
SVX Model

The model looks great. Are they side marker lights on the fender? (I guess they can be sanded off before painting for those of us with US versions.)

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 05-14-2001, 11:01 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Oh MANNN!!

GREAT SHOT of the newest model.

I forgot about the GRILL!!! Dang. My '97 is different. I realize that it's too late to ask for one and I think Larry and I (maybe one more) are of the FEW. Talk about being a minority among minorites.

I'll have to get to work down in MY shop to see if I can make one that looks like MINE.

Great work John. Keep it up....
Old 05-14-2001, 11:26 AM
John19688

Marker Lights and '97 Grill

The side marker lights are just painted on by the model maker. Since they're in England, that's what they are used to seeing. There is no dimple on the body that will need to be sanded down. The models I assemble with not have the marker lights.

As for the 1997 grill, I'm going to see if I can create the 1997 grill look on the models I receive. If I can, you will be able to order an assembled 1997 version of the SVX.

I'm also toying with offering a slightly different 1992-1993 version. The dash on the model has a line cut in it to indicate the passenger air bag. I could easily fill in the line before painting to make it look more '92-'93-ish. I know it's a small detail but it would be easy to do and you could point it out to your friends when you show them your model
Old 05-14-2001, 12:30 PM
SVX Animated Icon Guy!

Send a message via ICQ to htyei Send a message via AIM to htyei Send a message via Yahoo to htyei
options, cool!

Thats great!, so when are the real forms going to be up(payment and options)

I think I put myself down for one but didnt specify options(still considering about the sunroof
http://www.svxwrx.com
Old 05-14-2001, 04:56 PM
joeaux

Looks great John. You've done a fantastic job. I'm just waiting for the word (and the form).
-joe-
Old 05-14-2001, 10:14 PM
KEVINL

Do you have any other photo's of the completed models to share? Are you painitng these or the model maker? Thanks!
Old 05-15-2001, 08:09 AM
John19688

Painting of the Models

Because of the time vs. money issue involved, the model maker could only offer one version of the model with three exterior colors to choose from.

I really wanted to be able to offer everyone a scale version of the car they own--or always wanted to own. Well, I have a top-of-the-line air brush and air compressor so I decided that I would do the painting and assembly plus offer options the model maker couldn't.

With my attention to detail and my personal interest in the project, I believe you will be very pleased with the finished product.