IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 08:57 AM
tancred

Re: uh oh, gonna have to call BS...

Quote:
Originally posted by sportbiker
"So my buddy has this black 93 NSX that he bought in vegas awhile ago, and he lost his job and couldnt afford the payments for it and his xterra. So being the nice friend that I am..I bought it..."

"Im pretty happy with it, It has shocked and amazed me for being a honda...."

"The engine is a 3.2L 6 Cylinder V-TEC Red lines at 8k, 290hp. 6 speed Manual, Targa Top. Weighs 3038 on the landscape scale down the street. No Mods, cost me 10,800 w/ 78k Miles. It was what he owed on the loan still.
Mid engine Rear Wheel Drive. LSD in the rear....."

First, c'mon....whos gonna let a NSX go for $10,800? Second the pix are of a '94, first year for those wheels and the car pictured does not have a targa roof, which was introduced in 1995. Second you listed the specs for a 97'+ car, in 1997 the introduced the 3.2L 290hp 6speed version...which "your" '93 wouldn't have. How can someone say "their" car has a targa roof when it obviously doesn't? How can someone say "their" car is a 6spd when it's not...I don't see how you cannot know that being a car guy on a car message board

If you're gonna lie about "your" car on a car message board, atleast get the specs right.

Your not too bright are you? With all your **** talking you sent to my email this is the best you came up with? Im really disappointed.. As for the wheels determining the year, I will go take pics of my 88 RX-7 with 91 RX-7 wheels...I guess I must own a 91.
you must be a little slow, but thats ok, the SVX board will forgive you..Sounds pretty pointless...And as you were told, the guy who I was talking to about selling me the car, was a friend of my sisters, and the guy didnt know that his own NSX was a 6 cylinder he had to go home and look if it was a 4 or 6, because she had argued her GSX would stomp the NSX. I dont know **** about hondas, I dont care to, I know very little about piston motors, I have always been a rotary user, so I dont really care if the specs were wrong, that was what the guy told me when I was going to buy the car. I feel soooooooo bad now, i posted a hp rating 20hp higher then the actual year ...I care "." this much. I really do, and if your bored enough to wanna continue go for it. Have a NICE Day.

As for price, it was the remaining amount on the guy's loan. And you can buy a decent NSX on ebay or autotrader for roughly 9-18k. For a 91-93.

That about sums it up, righ there..

Last edited by ensteele; 08-18-2004 at 10:16 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Peach

NSX

I think your Honda is fabulous. That ride is so pretty I would'nt care if it had a 1.8. The only thing I can see wrong with it is I'm not driving it.
Old 08-14-2004, 11:04 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Dude...... : That is some funny trash... It was the dude's first post on the boards and he wanted to start it by insulting your knowelage or YOUR car... WTF??? What's wrong with all these n00bies nowdays??

Anyway dude, That is an awesome look in NSX... I've never really been a great fan of them all that much... Always been a Subaru fan. However, I can't help but stare at how beautiful that car is

You got so lucky man... I would have picked that up in a SECOND!!!! I don't care if it would put me back into another debit... And ya know the first place I would go with it??? That's right, THE DRAGON!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-14-2004, 11:53 AM
A Fake Vision

Quote:
Originally posted by Gargoyle

I waz allwase kind of a Z freak I think you need to add a 72-75 280 ZX
my first car was a 280zx then i upgraded to the 300zx those cars are awesome.. too bad the soobie is better!
Old 08-14-2004, 06:30 PM

i love the 300 zx my aunt was supposed to give me her zx since she never uses it, but she kept making up excuses, i could tell she dident want to give it up, i still want to try to get it from her.... all it needs is a thermostat and she is said i could have it, but i felt bad taking it so i offered to buy it but i think shes attatched lol
Old 08-14-2004, 07:35 PM
tancred

Yeah, well what makes it even more fun is this ****stick emailed me like 6 times and I told chris not to approve his email addy cuz he just wanted to get on the board and talk ****...but I really dont care.. lol...some people's kids...
Old 08-15-2004, 12:09 PM
SunstateSVX

Re: Re: uh oh, gonna have to call BS...

Quote:
Originally posted by tancred

Your not too bright are you? With all your **** talking you sent to my email this is the best you came up with? Im really disappointed.. As for the wheels determining the year, I will go take pics of my 88 RX-7 with 91 RX-7 wheels...I guess I must own a 91.
you must be a little slow, but thats ok, the SVX board will forgive you..Sounds pretty pointless...And as you were told, the guy who I was talking to about selling me the car, was a friend of my sisters, and the guy didnt know that his own NSX was a 6 cylinder he had to go home and look if it was a 4 or 6, because she had argued her GSX would stomp the NSX. I dont know **** about hondas, I dont care to, I know very little about piston motors, I have always been a rotary user, so I dont really care if the specs were wrong, that was what the guy told me when I was going to buy the car. I feel soooooooo bad now, i posted a hp rating 20hp higher then the actual year ...I care "." this much. I really do, and if your bored enough to wanna continue go for it. Have a NICE Day.
OK, I rarely ever post here, but after seeing this flame, I have to butt in. The guy who was calling BS on you was at least bringing up facts, while you've responded with backpedalling and personal attacks.

Your story has also changed. Initially, you claimed you had already bought the car from your friend. Now, you're talking in the past tense about "when I was going to buy the car."

And the guy didn't know if his NSX had a 4 or 6 cylinder engine in it? And was going to sell it for $10.8K? The guy would have to be completely clueless. This is possible, I suppose, but very doubtful.

I also doubt you ever even drove it, because you claimed it had a targa top and a 6-speed transmission.. things you should tend to notice it does not have if you're driving it.

Quote:
As for price, it was the remaining amount on the guy's loan. And you can buy a decent NSX on ebay or autotrader for roughly 9-18k. For a 91-93.
Umm, no. Do a nationwide search on Autotrader. I sincerely doubt you could find a decent NSX (e.g. less than 100K miles with a clean title), even a 1991, for much less than $20K. Now, I don't doubt that friends can sometimes give other friends good deals. However, the price quote you give is just another aspect of your story that doesn't add up.

Anyway, I apologize if I'm completely off base here, although I don't think I am. Bragging on a board with complete BS just really annoys me, especially when you get other people to believe you. Flaming the person who calls you on it doesn't exactly impress me, either.

Last edited by SunstateSVX; 08-15-2004 at 12:24 PM.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:49 PM
sportbiker

aaahhh

Wow this is great, even after he changes his story people still compliment him on "his" car. FYI for that guy, the facts always beat personal attacks. I'm actually a regular member on here, I just wanted to call your bs without starting up too much crap...

Quote:
"Your not too bright are you?"-tancred
That's priceless.

...and since you probably don't get what's so funny about it, you're not too bright yourself.
Closed Thread