Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
OK I'm impressed with that.

Very well said Michael.

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 01-10-2005, 04:39 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
the FWD is not going to be around much longer. As soon as my all aluminum rad is in and ive got the 5mt the way i want it the FWD will be sold. This will proboly happen before the SC kit is completed so i have no worries of that car getting beat also.

although it most definatley would
Old 01-10-2005, 10:07 PM
XT6 is SVX's Daddy

Send a message via ICQ to Myxalplyx Send a message via AIM to Myxalplyx Send a message via Yahoo to Myxalplyx
Quote:
Originally posted by SVX-FF
OK I'm impressed with that.

Very well said Michael.

Steve
That was pretty well said. I understood it completely. Almost makes me feel like I can do the same thing knowing dang well I can't with my limited knowledge of said subject.

Sigh! Will be nice to see this all come together. Michael's going to make me sell all my Scoobies to purchase an SVX.
1996 3.3ltr SVX (AWD/Auto) 15.070@91.38mph
***R.I.P***
2010 RAV4 AWD Sport (13.717 @ 99.19mph )
2015 Honda Fit LX CVT (15.2 @ 90mph)

Last edited by Myxalplyx; 01-14-2005 at 10:40 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:42 AM
Jedi Member

Michael, you've got a stock 4EAT in your SVX don't you? When I get my cars sorted out, I think I'll get your kit first, THEN upgrade the drivetrain/transmission simply because I know it will be able to handle the extra power, as (will be) evidenced in your car.
'01 Legacy Outback, White,
Old 01-11-2005, 05:04 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally posted by FlagstaffSVX
Michael, you've got a stock 4EAT in your SVX don't you? When I get my cars sorted out, I think I'll get your kit first, THEN upgrade the drivetrain/transmission simply because I know it will be able to handle the extra power, as (will be) evidenced in your car.
OK which Mike?? THere are just too many around here. If your asking me then yes. I still have the 4EAT. But it is a FWD.
Old 01-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Maniac modifier

oh mike I did not realize that yours was FWD. I thought you were talking about mine. Anyway good luck w/ keep axles... hahahaha they wil break for sure might want to look into upgrades for them. That 3.70 gear ratio will be awful nice with a 300+hp motor spinning them.

Tom
Old 01-11-2005, 10:11 AM

Well now I know what my gear ratio is on the FWD. I was wondering if it was the same as the AWD or not.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:07 PM

MAF

I guess one question would be, is the MAF sensor at 400 HP going to be out of range. Have you been able to test this?

Since I'm using Tec II I'm hoping to disconnect the MAF without any bad side effects, such as fuel cuts from the ECU. If that is the case I will need to source fuel pump power control from the Tec II.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:18 AM

well here is something to think about

maybe I,m in the wrong area but i have some questions of longarsename and /or whoever.

Have been following this and other threads for some months

if these questions are out of order I apologise put it down to the last bottle of Bethany shiraz [hey we just won worlds best shiraz 2004]

1st.Im currently building a /sorry two racecars, hillclimbers, based on svx motors.

Yes i,m supercharging the same ,one single engined rear wheel drive based within a very lightened mini minor [motor centrally mounted] maybe gearbox porsche [weight/strength reasons]

2nd 'The Monster" twin engined 4 wheel drive, chassis underway, actual powerplants twin svx or svx rear and sti 2.5 front still deciding

Under rules. Aust CAMS no nitrous allowed

queries

1. possible hp and torque with your system

2. have you considered inter/or aftercooler [I dont have the restriction of bonnets /engine covers to stop fitting same]

3.ECU. Is your system compatable with non nitrous application

Maybe email me or a phone number and I will contact

Cheers jimmy one
Old 01-13-2005, 05:25 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: well here is something to think about

Quote:
Originally posted by kunara

2nd 'The Monster" twin engined 4 wheel drive....
That's sick !!! twin EG33 ?
Kunara, can you pls tell us about your experience with the EG33 internals? I mean any bore/stroke mods, valve head lifting, fuel mapping, etc..

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-14-2005, 01:23 PM
fraz

When we had the svx motor in out racecar, pete wanted to take it out to 4L which was the maximum size allowed. He had it all worked out but we got banned.

In order to get 4L you need 12mm more stroke. Get the crank cam ground 6mm which gives you 12mm total stroke increase.
Run new rods, or some funky bearings that are 3mm thicker all round.
The top ring is 600 from the top of the piston. Pete was going to weld aluminum plates 6mm thick to the deck on each block and re drill all the water/oil/bolt holes and bores and presto.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:04 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Before this thread gets too off topic on it's own or lest anyone expect me to answer any of the last few posts I want to quickly put the friendly reminder out there that this thread is solely for posting the progress of our work on the SVX Stage III supercharger kit. Please continue to make comments just remember that I won't be answering questions or explaining or defending design decisions or sharing information on demand. As I pointed out at the begining of the thread I will be sharing the information as it makes sense to include it with the pictures which illustrate completed steps. When it's all done everything will have been covered and explained. Handling it this way helps keep the thread on topic and more useful as an eductional tool for the future. Everyone thinks their questions and opinions are valid and important that's why they have them. If I were to start handling them we would end up with 200 pages of debate instead of 50 pages of information and pictures.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:12 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
Now for this weeks progress. I've been told there has been progress but I haven't seen it yet. I understand the manifold has seen more time and is sitting on the welders bench to be completed right now. We expect him to weld it on monday. I'm in miami for the weekend but since it's not done yet I can't pick it up while I'm here. One of the metal shop guys is going up to a jobsite by orlando monday afternoon or tuesday morning though so we're trying to work out his bringing it up and me getting it from him then. Of course that just means I'll have pictures of the manifold on tuesday. In any event I won't be able to do any more fitting or measureing for the alternator, bypass valves, and throttle body placement until the next weekend when i come back to Miami again.
Old 01-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Maniac modifier

on a scale of 1 to great, that great
Old 01-15-2005, 07:02 PM

Well Im in Jupiter, FL right now. It's 2 hours north of Miami and 3 hours east of Tampa (2 hours from Orlando) anything I can do to help expadite things? Maybe stop by the machine shop and stap some people around? I gots some friends with friends that have family in the MOB!