SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2005, 05:49 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Carbon Fiber hood

Ok I hate to post this, because I wanted to do this on my own and have a nitch in the look what I did daddy belt, but the company is not playing attention to me they don't think the svx is a popular enouth car to build a line of carbon fiber hoods for us. I would like a list of everyone that is interested in a hood to post below, I am getting pics of hoods, that they currently offer to show you guys.
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Back Road Blazer

OK here are some hoods:
Vader:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vadar.jpg (30.9 KB, 551 views)
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 05-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Back Road Blazer

And G speed:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G speed.jpg (28.5 KB, 513 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 06:03 PM
Back Road Blazer

And Techno R
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Techno.jpg (159.0 KB, 460 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 06:04 PM
Back Road Blazer

And Fuzion,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fuzion.jpg (163.0 KB, 449 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 06:05 PM
Back Road Blazer

And type JS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Type JS.jpg (44.0 KB, 416 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Back Road Blazer

And Extreme:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JS.jpg (38.0 KB, 351 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 06:07 PM
Back Road Blazer

And Tracer
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tracer.jpg (167.8 KB, 337 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Back Road Blazer

They have a lot more, but I picked some of the cooler ones (in my opionion) The web site adress, is www.visracing.com They sell them as off road only but I am going, if I get enouth support, for them to be driveable. Right now they require hood pins.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:50 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Very few if any SVXers want big gaps in their hood. Most of us are looking for something sleek, maybe with a low pro scoop.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:21 AM
antidisestablishmentarian

Send a message via AIM to Rd96SVX Send a message via MSN to Rd96SVX
I'll echo NikFu S , most of us like sleek, subtle lines.. not raging mad screaming styles.. if you've seen the hood on Earl's (ensteele) laguna blue... that is perfect in my opinion.. if you can get something like that built from CF and sold for about $200-$380 that would be incredible
25,000 lb GVW Trans-Cooler
Wet-sanded "cleared" Headlights
Charcoal 22% Tint
Removed intake resonator
'95 Probe GT Wheels
'97 grille

"New Addition" 1992 Teal LS-L
+156k mi.
Status... Reconditioning
Old 05-31-2005, 11:30 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I'm actually starting to consider fiberglass with a vent or two (-$), but if someone could find a good quality cf hood for a reasonable price I'd be down.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-31-2005, 08:51 PM

I rather will go gor the bumper on the first picture!!!
Old 05-31-2005, 09:20 PM

Registered SVX
wow there is a lot of different designs on that website. I'm crazy about radical lookin cf hoods. my fav would have to be the fuzion, im probably the only one that likes it though. I would get rid of my cf hood in a second if they came out with that hood or even just a bigger scoop like a STi. I dont know, thats just my 2 cents
2004 Subaru WRX -- Platinum Silver Metallic; Sold 2011
1995 Subaru SVX LS -- Brilliant Red; Sold 2006
Old 05-31-2005, 11:36 PM
no limitation as limitation

i think it would be sweet if someone made a cf trunk. that thing is heavy when the shocks go out.